Shaking the tree - terminology...

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
If you think audiophiles use too much terminology you're not an audiophile. If you think vapers use too much terminology you're not a vaper.

Consider yourself fortunate if you're totally content listening to an AM radio while you smoke a cigalike.

When your ready to read vaping for Dummies, please do read cover to cover and let us know how they wrote all about it w/o defined terminology.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Baby, do you understand me now?
Sometimes I feel a little mad
But don't you know that no one alive can always be an angel
When things go wrong I feel real bad.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

.... and THERE you have it!

.. an awesome sense of humor! :thumbs:

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!! :banana:

* Love that Song by the Animals, BTW!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
There's the whole problem I was addressing.

Personally I research before I get into anything. Especially something like vaping that is so prone to scams & rip offs. There are so many options and so many places that are just looking to take advantage of people who are trying to quit smoking. I've had way too many people I know refuse to do the proper research and then end up with outrageous charges to their credit cards. When I buy a car I don't just pick it off the lot without getting any information. You wouldn't just buy a television without figuring out what the difference is between plasma, led and LCD. You wouldn't buy a computer without looking at reviews or specs. Vaping isn't any different. For those who want a vaping experience like that I'd suggest blu cigs or njoy or something of that nature.

But maybe that's just me. I still do my research now before I buy anything thing. But I'm also now what many would consider an advanced vaper since I now fiddle with mechanicals, RBA's, RDA's and DIY juice. Even if it's just e-liquid. I don't have money to burn so I like to know exactly what I'm getting and who I'm getting it from. Research is a good thing. You have the right to decide where to draw the line.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
Personally I research before I get into anything...<cost of cars, tvs, computers, other major purchases>...Vaping isn't any different.
I research too, but most people don't have the inclination. And buying an $8 eJoy or $25 on a "cig-alike" starter or even spending $100 on a decent battery/vaporizer is disposable income to many people, and basically a "wash" to someone changing from cigarettes and willing to stick with it for a week or so (patches or Chatix cost even more). So it is different. And the jargon presents a barrier to entry - there's a reason eJoys and Blus are in every gas station, and <pick your favorite> isn't. They make it easy.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I research too, but most people don't have the inclination. And buying an $8 eJoy or $25 on a "cig-alike" starter or even spending $100 on a decent battery/vaporizer is disposable income to many people, and basically a "wash" to someone changing from cigarettes and willing to stick with it for a week or so (patches or Chatix cost even more). So it is different. And the jargon presents a barrier to entry - there's a reason eJoys and Blus are in every gas station, and <pick your favorite> isn't. They make it easy.

A ton of gas stations are selling ego kits now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread