Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I got them in NZ and yes, tested and approved by our genius Mooch. They are Samsung 50S 20a 21700s. I'm at 10A with my 30 watts, so they are at the top of his recommended list. I think for 15A/45 watts and higher he puts the molicel P45B first.
    With my 17.5W, the Samsung 50S should be perfect.
    They are difficult to obtain here in Norway, Molicel 45B are easy to get.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
    I have been training, 60 minutes on the spin bike.
    Picked up a package on the way home, bought a few odb wraps, my first ones.
    IMG_1883.jpeg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I got them in NZ and yes, tested and approved by our genius Mooch. They are Samsung 50S 20a 21700s. I'm at 10A with my 30 watts, so they are at the top of his recommended list. I think for 15A/45 watts and higher he puts the molicel P45B first.
    Thanks for posting that chart. I had saved it as a picture but when I bricked my phone last summer I lost quite a few photos and this chart was among them.

Have you ever watched any of his YouTube videos regarding batteries and how they’re work? If not they’re definitely worth watching!
    I was pretty nerdy (still am really) and read as many posts and watched as many videos I could. As a matter of fact I think I may watch a couple of Mooches videos that I haven’t seen before.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’ve been “almost” exclusively buying the 21700s and 18650s Molicel batteries to my hoard of batteries. Plus the price is fair especially if there is a sale going on.

I’m going through all my 18650s and I’m finding several batteries that are dead. Tried CPR but no luck. So those will get recycled later today.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

We have the same trouble here with getting certain batteries, which was why I was surprised to see them stocked. 99% of the 21700s available are Molicel p42a, with a few Samsung 40t/30t's thrown in.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My only complaint on the rba is that you have to be extra careful to get the coil legs trimmed as close as possible or it will short. Each time I’ve replaced the coil I’ve had to go back and re-trim the legs.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I have prepared three attys for new coils and wick, one of tomorrow's tasks.
    4 new batteries have received ODB wrap, in fact I think they were more difficult to heat nicely compared to others I have. Is there a special technique for them?

I have found parts for the purple bb, going all in with a couple of my own solutions, and this one gets original bb electronics, dna 60 though.

The missing panel is obviously out for a walk, I've run out of ideas a bit, but no more than that I'm going to buy an extra one from 2FDeal,

I have to do a few hours on the house wood tomorrow, and if there's energy left I'll try to solder all the wires on the bb purple

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    My only complaint on the rba is that you have to be extra careful to get the coil legs trimmed as close as possible or it will short. Each time I’ve replaced the coil I’ve had to go back and re-trim the legs.
    I found the same. Great flavour. It's kind of strange they never named the rba - it's very good. Doesn't leak and keeps up with the wicking.

Users who are viewing this thread