Should the Current Health Care Reform bill be signed into law.

How do you feel about the current health reform bill?

• I love it pass it right now!

• I don't like it at all and hope it is voted down!

• I am not happy with the bill but I hope it passes as it's at least a step in the right direction.

• I am happy with some of the bill but I don't want it to pass because I feel it is unconstitutional.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipe6078

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
texas
in this entire debate not once did i see any interview with those of us with government assisted healthcare. welcome to hell america you will now fight for any and all medical attention. small example i am covered for eye care exam and glasses. no dr in this town or even this county take government insurance. i live in texas and would have to go over 90 miles and still the glass are the very most generic plastic with no option for me to pay for upgrade. no mixing of private and government and the list goes on and on............................regulating in the private sector and mandatory will get these same results

Last edited:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
What did one of our Founding Fathers have to say about the Government we now have?

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -- Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. -- Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. -- Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. -- Thomas Jefferson

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. -- Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson was a smart man. The last quote is a little old, but the others were spot on.

This Healthcare Bill is about as UN-American as it can get.

But you know the most scary part of this .... is?

Americans aren't sure about the implications of the health care reform legislation passed late Sunday by the House of Representatives, and they remain skeptical about whether the bill will help or hurt them.

There was a lot of confusion even among Democrats, who mostly supported the President's reform efforts. Just 37 percent of Democrats said they had a good understanding of the bill.

(from CBSNews.Com)

Pretty electrifying, isn't it? Most of the American people don't even KNOW what the bill contains and very few Democrats actually UNDERSTOOD the bill, yet voted for it's passage anyways.

I watched the vote last night on C-Span and saw a few Democrats vote NO for it. These were possibally the very few that actually read the bill and understood the ramifications of it and voted NO. Not one single Republican voted for its passage. The ONLY reason it passed was because of the Democratic Controlled congress, and not because of the will of the American public.

But did these democrats who voted yes last night actually UNDERSTAND what they were voting for? Apparently not. They could have put in the bill authorizing Euthenasia for all they friggen knew. Bad enough now abortions, for which I oppose, will be bought and paid for out of my own pocket.

Now the President is gonna sign into law a bill that is, historically, one of the worst bills to ever pass in the history of the United States of America. It makes the Kennedy/Waxman bill look good in comparison. If 80% of Americans do not understand what the bill contains, and 75% of Democrats who voted YES don't understand it, then we live in a very dangerous country.

This is one of the most UN-American things I have ever seen in my life. The governments will over the will of the people, and now murder will be authorized with the governments blessings, and paid for with my tax dollars. Nice. Once again Uncle Sam pillages my wallet. I wonder how much longer the people will put up with this stuff.

BTW - The vote was 219-212, only 7 votes difference. This tells you right there that this bill is bad, but ended up passing anyways.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
For those of you who think you're going to "get something for free" - like health care, you've got a big surprise coming. There is no such thing as a free lunch. This will cost and it will cost us dearly. I do have children. It is their generation that will pay even more. This vote wasn't about the people, it was about power. Period.

We have a new kind of slavery in the US today. It is the slavery of people who think government will take care of them and who lean on the government for food, housing, medical care, and life. And just like the old slavery, their master is taking more and more of their freedom and independence away. This slavery is much more dangerous. It is sly and says "We'll take care of you, just give us everything that you have." And they do.

It is like the woman who yelled to the world when Obama was elected that she wouldn't have to worry about her mortgage anymore or she wouldn't have to pay for gas anymore, and Hallelujah, Obama was going to take care of her from now on! That, my dears, is called slavery and it is why my ancesters - and most of yours - ran away from their countries and came to America. Oppression creates slaves and surfs. Regretfully, this vote is just one more step towards the "Big Brother" society we fought so hard to protect against.

For those of you who don't have health care and see this as a God send, I say welcome to surfdom. Go out and get a job that has health care benefits, or do as I did for much of my young life - live without it and pay as you go. But don't expect big brother to be your savior. He is a false God.

MiloB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Los Angeles, California
86'd and a number of you.... All I can say is WOW! You guys are right. A little bit of education is a bad thing. The way you speak of Bibles and Jefferson and history. It makes sense now why 8 years of Bush is possible. The richest country on the planet and we come middle of the road in just about every area.... healthcare, education and anything else vital to stay there. Quality of life Survey.... An American city hasn't come close to making the top 10 in that survey in at least 12 years.

100 years ago England was the greatest economic and military power. 50 years from now, they'll say the same of us. And Obama didn't do that overnight by being elected. The Adults have to try to clean up after the kids when it's possible. W Bush and his lug-nuts had 8 years to play (rape and pillage). There is a lot of damage there.

Craziness... A part of me actually hopes that a Republican like Bush gets back in so that you guys can crack open your beers and revel as the country goes down in flames. Because I don't think blind people see the truth until the fire is at their door. There head is usually stuck so far up the bible or their uneducated opinion that they vote against their own interest. It's what the neo-conservatives do best. Thy hijacked the Republican party years ago. They 86'd (no pun intended) the people who could be easily swayed. And the irony is you serve their interests but you'll never be one of them. But you think you will and that's what they count on... Oh yes of course... God Bless America... We're Number One No Matter If We Aren't even Close And May Santa come on Christmas.

Last edited:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Just what do you think H.R. 3200 has to do with the current Health Care Reform Bill?

http://candicemiller.house.gov/pdf/hr3200.pdf

There is the bill that passed. Download it, re-start the video, and follow along with the points. Go to the pages and sections it tells you in the video where it is.

SURPRISE! 8-o

So much for our wonderful free lunch health care plan. We and our future generations will be paying dearly for it.

Last edited:

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I do want to set the record straight. I am FOR health care reform. ABSOLUTELY. There is a big problem in this country today, such as insurance Companies making the medical calls, and not doctors. Abuses in the industry, etc.

But this bill is NOT the answer. The current bill as it stood, puts so much more power into the governments hands it is not even funny. THIS is why many opposed it. The concept is a great one to overhaul the system, but to give the GOVERNMENT the say on how much "health care" you get for "free" is dangerous. But this is only the tip of the iceburg.

And none of us had any real say in the matter. Go to any major network website today (CBSNews.com, MSNBC.COM, etc) and read the comments left by viewers. I'm not alone in this feeling. And judging by the way the voting is taken place HERE, it tells me that I'm not just imagining things. People do not WANT it, but it was shoved down our throats just the same.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
For those of you who think you're going to "get something for free" - like health care, you've got a big surprise coming. There is no such thing as a free lunch. This will cost and it will cost us dearly. I do have children. It is their generation that will pay even more. This vote wasn't about the people, it was about power. Period.

We have a new kind of slavery in the US today. It is the slavery of people who think government will take care of them and who lean on the government for food, housing, medical care, and life. And just like the old slavery, their master is taking more and more of their freedom and independence away. This slavery is much more dangerous. It is sly and says "We'll take care of you, just give us everything that you have." And they do.

It is like the woman who yelled to the world when Obama was elected that she wouldn't have to worry about her mortgage anymore or she wouldn't have to pay for gas anymore, and Hallelujah, Obama was going to take care of her from now on! That, my dears, is called slavery and it is why my ancesters - and most of yours - ran away from their countries and came to America. Oppression creates slaves and surfs. Regretfully, this vote is just one more step towards the "Big Brother" society we fought so hard to protect against.

For those of you who don't have health care and see this as a God send, I say welcome to surfdom. Go out and get a job that has health care benefits, or do as I did for much of my young life - live without it and pay as you go. But don't expect big brother to be your savior. He is a false God.
Better listen to BigJimW because he has alot of wisdom in his words. You may think this is great but I wonder what your grandkids will say about what you have left them to deal with after they're born and raised.

MiloB

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Better listen to BigJimW because he has alot of wisdom in his words. You may think this is great but I wonder what your grandkids will say about what you have left them to deal with after they're born and raised.

We sealed our children's fate under Reagan. Since then it's been a never ending battle to try to regain our posterity. If we didn't have big bombs we'd be toast already.... and we're all headed to Mexico, cause by the end of the next decade the Peso will look really appealing compared to the dollar.

That's why when Bush was in power he signed the North American Union Treaty setting the coure for Canada, US and Mexico to join into one currency and one economy just like the EU. Obama didn't do that. Bush/Cheney did.

It's what the powers that be want. And the corporations will have it. Just a matter of time. Where we are headed is written all over the Patriot Act. Once your civil liberties are gone, you might have a different opinion about what went down on your watch.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

There is the bill that passed. Download it, re-start the video, and follow along with the points. Go to the pages and sections it tells you in the video where it is.

SURPRISE! 8-o

So much for our wonderful free lunch health care plan. We and our future generations will be paying dearly for it.

Wrong, wrong, and even more wrong. I'm amazed that you are trying to speak as some authority when you don't even know the content of the bill, or the history of the bill.

H.R. 3200 died on the vine back in 2009.

The Bill that passed was H.R. 3590.

Sheeesh!

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I do want to set the record straight. I am FOR health care reform. ABSOLUTELY. There is a big problem in this country today, such as Insurance Companies making the medical calls, and not doctors. Abuses in the industry, etc.

But this bill is NOT the answer. The current bill as it stood, puts so much more power into the governments hands it is not even funny. .

You've already shown pretty clearly that you don't even know what "this bill" actually is. How could you begin to know that it's "not the answer"?

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida

SURPRISE! 8-o

HR3200 is NOT the bill that passed last night. HR3590 passed last night....
Get it together Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread