The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SID has arrived

Discussion in 'CanVape' started by mopar, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mopar

mopar Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

May 15, 2011
    Toronto
    OMG you can use the mini eVic tube it appears just stuck one together to check looks like all the parts are pretty much interchangeable. Smoktech is being naughty it looks like :p

2. LesVegas

LesVegas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    BC, Canada
    Do you have any of the mini evic tubes?

3. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    You're welcome. Do I get a free SID for opening up an entirely new market for your mini evic tubes? :D

Looks like I might just pull the trigger on one. My vamo threads are starting to fall apart.

4. StarDose

StarDose Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2013
    Brampton
    I keep telling myself I don't need an SVD but after seeing it at the market on the weekend its getting harder to say no. The iclear30 that comes with it may vape well but sure don't compliment the SVD in appearance.

5. mopar

May 15, 2011
    Toronto
    SVD is really nice, like the hilt of a light saber :)

6. nish

nish Full Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Toronto
    just got my SID in today, ordered it late Tuesday night and it got here early Thursday :) this is my first MOD and it looks awesome, cant wait for the damn batteries to charge to try it out lol

thanks to canvape :)

7. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    Hey Adam and congrats on your well earned success :thumbs:
    Long story short a good friend/ convert ordered his first APV (Vamo) from China. It's a dud and vendor not being very nice. He's is so bummed out I can't bear it any longer so I'm gonna gift him an SID. He's a pensioner with limited funds and has Non Protected Panasonic CGR18650CH X 2250 mah batts. Will these fit in the SID?
    TIA.

Edit:
    In case anyone's interested the flat tops will work. Thanks Tom :thumbs:

8. mopar

May 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Yikes, I hope you order the right ones or checked first like Vapoor eyes er :) Hate to see you all excited for nothing :laugh:

9. nish

nish Full Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Toronto
    yup i asked support and Tom gave me all the info :D great support and i cant be happier switching to a MOD like the SID... and all my tanks fit T3 T2 and of course the 510 tanks i got, but i love my cartos they taste the best :)

i got the Flat Top Efest IMR 18650's with the trustfire charger and they seem to work great and fit right in, just took a long time to charge, it was like opening christmas presents but not being able to play with them for 8+ hours lol

10. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    I found with 2 nipple top efest imr 18350's the bottom cap won't screw on all the way, same as some older Vamos. But it still works just fine, I've got 2 flat tops on order just because. Love the feel of the SID, and RED looks great especially in twilight lol.

11. Dugz

Dugz Full Member Verified Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    I'm running stacked 18350 flat-tops in my SID right now. So far everything seems fine. If the unit cuts off around 6.2V then it obviously has a VAMO/ZMAX board in it. I'll know tomorrow, trying to vape my batteries down :)

12. Dugz

Dugz Full Member Verified Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Ha! It shut down right around 6.4V and displayed "Low Vol" on the screen. It is obviously capable of running in undocumented stacked mode.

13. northofamerica

northofamerica Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2012
    Saskatoon
    So far I am enjoying the device and added another smok box to my shelf. Hopefully the control head is built tough.
    I am so used to the button placement on the Evic that when I use the S.I.D. I fumble around looking for the button!
    :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.