Not open for further replies.

Tgoode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Ontario
tgoode.zenfolio.com
By the way,

The Stealth mode evic is the bomb. It is a perfect match with the Vapeonly BCC Mega and I find that compared to the Vivi Nova I don't have to use as high a wattage to get the same performance, with equal resistance coils. With the vivi nova I would run TriBeCa at 7.5W. With the mega bcc I run at 5.2W and get better flavor and comparable vapour density.

Notes concerning useage and battery life with Efest 18350 800mAh batteries and the Mega BCC:

- Using the MVR software you can set your batteries to a specific capacity. The AW IMR and Efest IMR have been measured in several reviews to have ~735 mAh capacity, so I set that exact vale in MVR.

- Lower resistance = less voltage required to get at temperature, therefore lower resistance coils save power at the expense of limiting the lowest wattage you can dial in. With the 1.8 ohm heads in the BCC my minimum allowable wattage is 5W with predicted capacity of 325 puffs. With 2.2 Ohm its 400 puffs @ 4.0W and with 2.5 Ohm it is 450 @ 3.6W

- the "Screen" and "System" timers have significant impact on battery life. This morning I zeroed the counters on two evics and set them up with equally charged batteries from the same batch. Both were running at 5W with 1.8 Ohm coils. Evic 1 was set to turn off the screen after 1 min. and turn itself off after 15. By noon I had taken 35 puffs and the battery was at 91%. Evic 2 was set to keep the screen on for 30 minutes and never turn itself off. At 35 puffs taken the battery was down to 74%.

- The Evic can take several seconds to register and display changes to battery condition after several chain vapes.

- The evic seems to do a different percentage of capacity estimate on the fly compared to on power-up. if i am reading say, 54% remaining after a day of steady vaping, & i power off the unit then turn it on again, the %remaining may change from 1-3% upwards, from what I've seen so far.

- MVR VW and VV eat batteries faster *edit* -not much faster though... Maybe 3-5%

- When running stealth, carry extra batteries.

- Joyetech needs to make the black top rings available soon. An all black stealth evic with a black mega BCC looks damn cool.

Evic.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread