Joyetech eVic discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
With MVR 1.2 you can bypass limits a bit.

Put something lr on your device and go into mvr and hook up your evic.
Go to MVRVW on the vapor set page and set the first wattage dropdown to 11 and then the seconds to 10.
Click modify.
Disconnect the evic

Now when you put a 2.8ohm atty on it it will not limit you to 8.9 watts. I was doing it another way earlier but it would replace a bunch of settings with 0's

djdegen

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Los Angeles/Las Vegas
My eVic just randomly went into this test mode. The screen said:

Test Mode
Main
Key Start

Now it says:

Test Mode
Complete
Key Start

In both cases it is non-responsive, screen just stays there - tried clicking the button 5x, holding the button down, and removing the battery and it stays in this test mode state. Has anyone seen this? How do I fix this?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
My eVic just randomly went into this test mode. The screen said:

Test Mode
Main
Key Start

Now it says:

Test Mode
Complete
Key Start

In both cases it is non-responsive, screen just stays there - tried clicking the button 5x, holding the button down, and removing the battery and it stays in this test mode state. Has anyone seen this? How do I fix this?

Can the MVR software pick the device up? If so, can you re-install the firmware?

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
I believe the Joyetech Evic counts and records the number of puffs. Do you think it makes it easier for users to estimate the number of puffs they get per ml of juice? If so, I would be interested to know how many puffs users are typically getting per ml?

I can say that I take around 350 puffs per day.
Average puff time is 5.5 seconds.
2.8ohm vivi nova on 11w (if what is displayed is accurate - Vivi nova sucks juice like a m0f0).
I would say that I use 3.5 ml/day. so lets go with around 100 puffs /ml at my rate.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
In the software you can basically script a voltage/wattage sequence as you vape. My question is this: how do I want this curve set? should I start with a high voltage to kick it in and then make it go gradually lower to maintain the temperature of the heating element? would it be better to just set it at one and forget it?

Starting it high for like half a second then dropping it off seems to be what many are liking with the MVR VW as it's giving loads of vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread