Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Mine works flawlessly so far... It is 65w version and I bought it for $50. Fit and finish is very good. Lemo and orchid sit flush... Charging is very rapid... Much quicker compared to independant battery charger. While it is user replaceable battery but smok doesn't want user to change it to many times as it can damage the device sooner but I don't mind cause it doesn't suck the battery as bad as Vamo or mech mod and charging is very quick

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
No, just carve the original off with tiny flathead screwdriver. It won't break. Then pop the rubber one in, it's a lot better imo.

Agree on the button, the rubber/silicone one feels much more solid and gives a better feel when firing. Seems like it would do a better job of keeping dust/dirt out as well.

CAM01155.jpg

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
View attachment 408374
30 watts, how low does the battery have to get before it lowers wattage?
And mine is only the 50 watt version....

It should never lower wattage, since, you know, regulated. It will tell you when the battery is too low though, but up until that point it should give you the full wattage you set.

Oh, and I miss the Kootenays. :)

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
It should never lower wattage, since, you know, regulated. It will tell you when the battery is too low though, but up until that point it should give you the full wattage you set.

Oh, and I miss the Kootenays. :)

My M50 will lower the wattage once the battery drops low enough to the point it can't safely provide the power I need. It usually won't happen until my battery is damn near almost done.

I have a question for other M65 owners. I left mine on the USB charger all night and this morning it says 98%????????? Does it not allow a small trickle charge to fill past a certain point? So it charges to 100%, then stops all current going to the battery and the battery will actually start discharging? Until when??????? Once it hits anything lower than 98% it should recharge to 100%. I don't know if mine has an issue that I need to contact the manufacture or what....................???????
Thanks
NCH

UPDATE:
Well I checked it a couple min after I first looked at it and it is back to the full battery symbol. Looks like everything is ok.

Last edited:

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
I just received my M50, 50 watts edition, and i don't have the extra silicon firing button... help!!?? What will i do when the original button falls out??? I bought this on ebay and it was factory sealed when i got it, so i can't blame the seller. Anyone here with similar issue that managed to put the falling firing button back into place?

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
So apparently some of the M50 models were shipped out pre-upgraded to 65W!

I wasn't lying when I said earlier in the thread that I don't vape over 40W, so I haven't noticed until a few minutes ago when I accidentally held the wattage up button a bit too long, but my M50 rolled right past 50W and and then up to 65. Ordered from Eciggity on Jan 15, I wonder if all the newer M50s are already upgraded to 65W from the factory? Anyone else want to check theirs and see if it too goes to 65W?

CAM01165.jpg

CAM01169_1.jpg

Barbchris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
I just sent my bt50 out to mad Vapes to do the update, they are doing all the xpro box updates for free all you have to pay is shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you mean only those purchases from mad vapes? Or can anyone ask them? I just ordered one from Mountain Oak Vapors since it is $44.99 & I was ordering juice anyway. (Their Gotti from the Creme de la Creama line is very good.) I doubt they have it upgraded to 65.

Ripshod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Goole, United Kingdom
For those wanting to change the button, or already have - pay attention.

The button is attached with a metal clip inside the case. If you just prise the old button off you leave that clip floating about, risking a short on the board.

So:
Remove the battery, duh!!
Unscrew the top and push it to one side (it's only the thick wires that make it stiff).
Look down the front of the box in front of the main board, you should see the clip. Those that haven't already removed the button will see the clip move when pressing the fire button.
Remove the clip by lifting it out with tweezers, or hold the mod upside down and jiggle the button til the clip falls out. The button will just fall out the front.
You can put it back together now, the clip isn't needed for the soft button. Just push the soft button through the hole and it'll hold itself in.

I repeat now, DON'T leave that clip floating about inside.

Why Smok omitted this info I don't know. Vape safe guys ;)

Last edited:
Well, my Smok xPro M65 is finally here and I simply love it. However, I haven't been over 20 watts and I don't know if I ever will, The wattage is there, but over 20 watts is way too hot for my setup. As far as the unit, it's tiny in my hand and for the size, it's rather hefty. It kept slippin in my hand, so I put strips of adhesive, soft moleskin on the two sides and stopped that. She ain't pretty, but it will do until someone comes out with a skin for it. I'd hate to shatter my tank.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I returned my M50 to the store I bought it from and he took it back.He got the updated 65 watt versions today and got one of those with my store credit.It fires right away from sleep mode and takes a normal amount of time before it goes to sleep.Haven't checked it for the power reduction problem I was having before,but I think it will be fine.I am pretty happy with this mod now.Love the size and the amount of power it has.15 more watts than my IPV2 in close to half the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread