SOBER VAPERS - Vaping Sober - ROLLCALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I suggest you look up the definition of sober as you clearly don't know what it is. Unless you are intoxicated you are sober. A person can be addicted to many things, sex, food, gambling, making an ... of oneself on-line, etc. without being intoxicated.

But I suppose now you want to debate what "is" is again.

Yes, of course. I'm a pathetic idiot who has no idea what the word "sober" means. How astute of you.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I know I have few posts but this post completly confuses me sober of what?
And yes you can vape without any nicotine I guess I just do not get this at all can someone explain what this is?

Are you going to call this guy an idiot too, quilter?

That was my observation as well. Unless you're vaping 0 nicotine you're becoming intoxicated every time you use your PV. It's a drug delivery system. Sober vaping? No such thing, really.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
Are you going to call this guy an idiot too, quilter?

That was my observation as well. Unless you're vaping 0 nicotine you're becoming intoxicated every time you use your PV. It's a drug delivery system. Sober vaping? No such thing, really.

I didn't call either of you an idiot did I. But if you care to define yourself that way it's fine by me. Also I think it's a bit much to say that nicotine use with e-cigs is intoxicating.

str.jpg

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I haven`t had a drop of alcohol for many years. Not that I am against it big time (little time, yes)...just started feeling sick when I drank and slowly got worse, to the point that it was no longer enjoyable...so I dropped it and took up ice cream...

Mmmmm Ice Cream!! That reminds me there might be some Rocky Road left in the icebox.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I didn't call either of you an idiot did I. But if you care to define yourself that way it's fine by me. Also I think it's a bit much to say that nicotine use with e-cigs is intoxicating.

The irony here is that in the post before you childishly accused me of not understanding the word "media" (a long distance dodge from another thread on your part, since you're the one who refuses to reveal who you think "the media" is) and then, in this one, you show unequivocally that you don't know what the word "intoxicated" means.

You're a walking, talking, irony machine!

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
The irony here is that in the post before you childishly accused me of not understanding the word "media" (a long distance dodge from another thread on your part, since you're the one who refuses to reveal who you think "the media" is) and then, in this one, you show unequivocally that you don't know what the word "intoxicated" means.

You're a walking, talking, irony machine!

I did say who the media was more than once and you refuse to accept that the "media" is what I say it is. What most people listen to for their news. You tried building a straw man and you are still arguing against the staw man you built.

Oh and yes I do know what intoxicated means and it's not what happens when you hit your e-cig. You make yourself look foolish saying that nicotine in the form of an e-cig meets the standard definition of an intoxicant. It's an addictive drug but not an intoxicant. There is no need to "sober" up from e-cigs to drive or do anything else. It doesn't impair your judgment or your ability to function in any way shape or form. Hence it doesn't meet the requirement for the legal or textbook definition of an intoxicant. So go on making yourself look foolish by claiming it's something it's not.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Stop with the falsehoods. You haven't named a single specific source. Not one. You're so determined to dodge that point that here you are in this thread expanding your campaign to dodge the simplest question imaginable.

Stop derailing threads and start backing up your absurd statements.

On topic: you obviously don't know what intoxicating means if you don't think that nicotine (a psychoactive drug) isn't intoxicating. If it isn't, what exactly is a nicotine high?

Buy a dictionary, quilter. You need one. Badly.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
Oh and yes I do know what intoxicated means and it's not what happens when you hit your e-cig. You make yourself look foolish saying that nicotine in the form of an e-cig meets the standard definition of an intoxicant. It's an addictive drug but not an intoxicant. There is no need to "sober" up from e-cigs to drive or do anything else. It doesn't impair your judgment or your ability to function in any way shape or form. Hence it doesn't meet the requirement for the legal or textbook definition of an intoxicant. So go on making yourself look foolish by claiming it's something it's not.

Nicotine is highly addictive, so there is obviously some impairment from it's use. It isn't the same as alcohol or other drugs, but it still affects brain chemistry, health (to a degree), and the behavior of the person addicted. Those of us who are used to consuming it regularly don't necessarily notice the "high", but we certainly notice the withdrawal symptoms.

In addiction circles, 'sobriety' tends to mean complete abstention from the substance the person is addicted to. For example, an alcoholic can't have one or two drinks even if their function is not impaired and still be considered 'sober'.

Obviously, the OP isn't referring to nicotine addiction, which is fine and good. It is almost certainly the lesser of the evils. Surf is correct in stating that unless someone is free of all addictive substances, they aren't completely sober. They may be sober from alcohol or drugs, and that itself is an admirable accomplishment. Yes, it may be splitting hairs, but Surf is technically correct.

With that said, congratulations and best wishes to all who have achieved sobriety- no matter the substance involved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread