Not open for further replies.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
12+ hours at work tomorrow and will really try and vape on the escape breaks
Wow! 12+hours at work hairdressing must be a killer. I do not know how your legs and arms can cope! Sounds like you have a conscious plan though, for when you can grab an 'escape break'. I think being aware of our habit is half the battle and the only way we are going to be able to change. Good luck tomorrow!

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Good morning everyone! Could someone help me out with a question, please?

Yesterday I bought a very pretty 'bigger' battery but I am finding it much too strong. So I put some cotton (just a tiny bit) in the drip tip and it's much, much better. Just slows down the stream of vape a little so I don't choke. Would this be hard (or dangerous) on the new battery, do you think? Thanks! And have a great day!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hello, everybody! Sorry I haven't been around for the past few days. I have been following all the great progress, but haven't been up to posting after working back to back doubles over the weekend. I've been fighting with high blood sugars for a while and severe carpal tunnel which makes it hard to type recognizable English with wrist braces and numb fingers. But enough about me.

@Hopeful64 & @Skwij I'm so very proud of the progress you've made! It really does make a difference posting here on a regular basis, organizing your thoughts and recognizing patterns, plus getting a few accolades for your hard work doesn't hurt either. ;) I'm rooting for both of you to keep up the good work and continue cutting down until you get to the place you want to be.

Thaya

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Just wanted to check in and let all my friends know that I counted out 19 today and smoked 13. That's the lowest yet! This weekend might be a bit of a challenge because I am leaving tomorrow morn to go and open up my trailer for the summer season. But I am determined. I have 3 mods all charged and my fake cigs with me so I have tons of equipment. I will only bring the 19 real cigs and see what happens. We are just going up overnight so I'll be back to let you know how I did! Lol

I'll stay logged in so I can take time out to read a little on the site during breaks. I am on page 55 of this thread now. So much great stuff to read! Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

And thanks to all of you. (blowing kisses to y'all! Lol)

Last edited:

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I have been following all the great progress, but haven't been up to posting after working back to back doubles over the weekend. I've been fighting with high blood sugars for a while and severe carpal tunnel which makes it hard to type recognizable English with wrist braces and numb fingers.
Goodness me! I hope you got a break after working back to back doubles. Sending healing thoughts your way.

I counted out 19 today and smoked 13.
Once again you amaze me! I hope you are very proud of yourself....you should be!
Best of luck tomorrow :thumb:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hey, Donna, you're doing great! I'm surprised and pleased that you're confident enough to go away overnight with only your vape gear and allotted cigs. You'll be fine. You might even find you smoke less because you'll be busy. Can't wait to hear how it goes. :D

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Goodness me! I hope you got a break after working back to back doubles. Sending healing thoughts your way.
I usually get a couple days off after working my weekend back to back doubles so it doesn't kill me. :blink:Which reminds me...I just finished the first half, now I need to get a few hours sleep so I can do it again tonight. :rolleyes: Catch everyone later.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Good morning everyone! Could someone help me out with a question, please?

Yesterday I bought a very pretty 'bigger' battery but I am finding it much too strong. So I put some cotton (just a tiny bit) in the drip tip and it's much, much better. Just slows down the stream of vape a little so I don't choke. Would this be hard (or dangerous) on the new battery, do you think? Thanks! And have a great day!

Okay.. since no ones answered I will while I'm online.

You didn't give much information so i can't give a very good answer I'm afraid.

However the battery is your power source only and has nothing to do with the airflow of your atomizer.

If the atomizer you have has too much airflow for you then it's likely it's made for direct lung inhalation and not mouth to lung inhalation.

Depending upon your device you might be able to use your old atty on this new battery - that way you would have a draw you like paired with the battery life of the larger battery.

I cannot say for a fact though because I don't know what devices your using..with more information I could give a good answer.

For now, blocking the airways may cause you to go through coils more frequently (because air cools your coil) - but again I don't know for sure as I don't know what your using or how your using it..

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Okay.. since no ones answered I will while I'm online.
Thank you so much Opinionated! I really appreciate this. Yes, I had gone back down to the shop and had a big talk with the fellow who sold it to me. He couldn't take it back but apologized because he did not realize that the 'hit' would be much too powerful for me. And yes, it was everything you wrote about!

We have decided to let it be a 'back-up' for hubby because as of right now he doesn't have one. It suits him fine except it is bright pink!! The guy told me I could paint it any color using nail polish?? Anyone ever heard of that? Would it hurt anything?

We laughed about it and decided a pink backup is better than no backup!! Lol but I would paint it for him if I knew for sure it wouldn't hurt the battery.......

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
The guy told me I could paint it any color using nail polish?? Anyone ever heard of that? Would it hurt anything?

I'm so happy you're doing so well, Donna. I don't recall you saying that your hubby vapes as well, but then I'm getting quite old so I do forget things now and then. :oops: Now that I think about it I seem to recall you trying to get him started. If that's the case...how's he doing?

You know what they say, "real men wear pink", but I don't know if that translates to vaping or not. ;) I don't see a problem with painting the battery another color with nail polish as long as you steer clear of the 510 connection and the power button (if there is one). Of course that's just my opinion so I would appreciate other views on that.

And, by the way,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LOVELY WOMEN HERE AND EVERYWHERE!!!

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
:oops: Now that I think about it I seem to recall you trying to get him started. If that's the case...how's he doing?

I don't see a problem with painting the battery another color with nail polish as long as you steer clear of the 510 connection and the power button (if there is one). Of course that's just my opinion so I would appreciate other views on that.

And, by the way,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LOVELY WOMEN HERE AND EVERYWHERE!!!
Thanks thay! Actually, my hubby had been off cigarettes for 3 years now and has been a full-time vapor. He may never quit his vaping. He loves it. :vapor: He was a very heavy smoker.

And he is ecstatic that I am trying. He never nagged me at all. Just always reminded me of all the good things I could have if I switched over to ''a different type of smoking.'' That's what he calls it...''a different type of smoking'' and much cheaper once one stops buying all the equipment and finds the right tool and juice to use.

I am going to get him to pick out the color he wants and I'll paint it. The guy at the store told me the same thing....paint just around the main battery parts. I'm creative so I'll think of something!!
:glug:

Took 19 out of the pack this morning and have smoked 13. I can't wait till the day I say I only smoked 10!! I see my problems area and I'll work on those. I'll keep trying! It's all still better than 45 a day. I actually felt a difference in my breath today. Was easier coming up the stairs!! Wow!

I continue to read a few pages of this thread every day. It helps soooo much! Thanks for all your help. See you tomorrow. Sleep well, everyone! (hugs)

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Tomorrow is another week. It will be Monday. I'm going to count out 17 and see how I do with that.

I'm sure you'll do just fine. You are excited about how you're doing and have gotten yourself into a good mindset for a nice slow semi-painless transition. That's a big part of the battle. The fact that you're noticing a difference in your breathing already can only be a huge encouragement.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thank you so much Opinionated! I really appreciate this. Yes, I had gone back down to the shop and had a big talk with the fellow who sold it to me. He couldn't take it back but apologized because he did not realize that the 'hit' would be much too powerful for me. And yes, it was everything you wrote about!

We have decided to let it be a 'back-up' for hubby because as of right now he doesn't have one. It suits him fine except it is bright pink!! The guy told me I could paint it any color using nail polish?? Anyone ever heard of that? Would it hurt anything?

We laughed about it and decided a pink backup is better than no backup!! Lol but I would paint it for him if I knew for sure it wouldn't hurt the battery.......

I'm just curious what's the name of that battery set up? Do you know what you bought?

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
I'm just curious what's the name of that battery set up? Do you know what you bought?

This is it below. Aspire k4. Bright pink!! Thanks, Opinionated! I tried plugging up the newer drip tip that I have (I don't like the one on it) and tried blocking 2 of the 4 air holes with tape. Nothing worked. It is still much too strong for me. I'm using the 650 pen stlye.

1.png

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This is it below. Aspire k4. Bright pink!! Thanks, Opinionated! I tried plugging up the newer drip tip that I have (I don't like the one on it) and tried blocking 2 of the 4 air holes with tape. Nothing worked. It is still much too strong for me. I'm using the 650 pen stlye.

1.png

Okay.. it's not a drip tip that you need it's a completely different atomizer tank on top of the K4 battery you purchased which will make the overall vape better for you.

The Aspire Cleito is the atomizer tank which comes with that k4 battery, but that's just a 22mm atomizer tank so you can replace it with any other 22mm atomizer tank of your choice.

You might consider putting the Nautilus 2 on your k4 battery, that, with the 1.8 ohm coil in it might be a much better vape for you. It's a 22mm atomizer tank so it will fit fine on your k4 battery.

Aspire Nautilus 2 Top Fill Tank Reviews

(^^^ I'm not suggesting you purchase at that store, I'm just showing you what I'm talking about.. )

That way you can enjoy vaping on the battery you bought - and your husband can keep the cleito atomizer tank that he likes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread