Not open for further replies.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
....and I seem to have lost my iTaste VV....:unsure:

Never lost my eRoll, but have misplaced that dang iTaste twice now...and my 1300 mAh Spinner. How do you do that???

You never lost the little one but you lost the bigger ones? :lol: Sounds like you need to install some GPS trackers.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Welcome mountainbiker :)
You have more tolerance than me. I'd have said something snarky :p
Snarky is easy for me. Going for the jugular at the same time verbally is not so I do my best to just say nothing. The old me would've added something to the comment about perhaps a good dose cancer would help her waistline while adding my masculinity wouldn't give get a second look unless it was mistaking her for a large aquatic mammal that'd escaped the ocean.
Well she's something else, too (rhymes with witch), IMO. :glare:
Her unofficial role as a manager on duty is weed out the weak and lazy. Yeah you got it and she does her job very well, especially the unofficial part. I have a feeling I'll have more of a problem that I don't take her personally than if I did. Some folks can't accept that they can't get to some. I've been there myself. I told my wife's x husband once "when you look deep down inside, that thing that scares you most is me because I'm capable of being just like you so I can see right though your crap". I see history possibly repeating itself.
I was hired as a seasonal customer service rep , at Toys R Us , that got promoted to bicycle builder and after they decided to keep me on after the Christmas season I'm now the maintenance guy as well. I'm so content with what I'm doing I'm not going to let her mess that up by getting under my skin. I come home to a wonderful family and I'm now smoke free, even if just for today. Life is good.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Snarky is easy for me. Going for the jugular at the same time verbally is not so I do my best to just say nothing. The old me would've added something to the comment about perhaps a good dose cancer would help her waistline while adding my masculinity wouldn't give get a second look unless it was mistaking her for a large aquatic mammal that'd escaped the ocean.

Wow! You do have a way with words. :laugh:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Ugh!!!!! Swear word, swear word, swear word!!!!

I just spent a couple of hours, on and off, selecting and trying to copy some of my old posts over to here, and annotate them for this thread. So I hit the Post Quick Reply and it tells me Error - token timed out. I thought maybe it all got saved - Nope. It is gone, blowin in the wind somewhere. So now I have to start all over and do it in smaller pieces. Bah!!!

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
....and I seem to have lost my iTaste VV....:unsure:

Never lost my eRoll, but have misplaced that dang iTaste twice now...and my 1300 mAh Spinner. How do you do that???

ok look under the bed, in the car between the seats, hidden in the doggie bed, inside the fridge, and under couch cushion. Found mine in these places. I never sit in doggie bed or on the couch!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Ugh!!!!! Swear word, swear word, swear word!!!!

I just spent a couple of hours, on and off, selecting and trying to copy some of my old posts over to here, and annotate them for this thread. So I hit the Post Quick Reply and it tells me Error - token timed out. I thought maybe it all got saved - Nope. It is gone, blowin in the wind somewhere. So now I have to start all over and do it in smaller pieces. Bah!!!

Knew that's what you were doing...I saw your name down there but you weren't posting. What else could it have been?

Here's what I plan on doing. open up a Word Doc, then copy/paste everything there. Then in your new post, paste it and format it here. I learned that from way back in my religious forum days (had to do lots of sourcing from other websites and it took waayyy too long to do it the normal way).

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi MountainbikerMark. Welcome to the thread. Glad you found us. I do not get other people sometimes. Most smokers who see me vaping either think my Provari or Spinner is a joke or that I am still smoking, or that I am smoking something illegal in it. And I do not look like a biker chick, I am a little old lady. No disrespect to biker chicks, of course. Or little old ladies.

I am also not one of those that has this burning desire to convert every smoker I see. I also do not like calling cigarettes analogs. Grow up, they are cigarettes, what, are we in kindergarten here?

Ok, mini rant over. I really do want to welcome you here and I think you are doing pretty good on your vaping campaign this time around. You seem to be thinking about it and planning for success. I am also an all or nothing type of person so the relax and let it happen is a hard concept for me. But it does work for me. I find if I can divert my thought process for a bit any urges or cravings seem to pass by the time I consider having a cigarette again. If I give in to my impulses, I would smoke.

Back in the beginning I spent a couple of occasions with an unlit cigarette in one hand and my Spinner in the other for over 20 minutes. I vaped my brains out and never lit the cigarette. Put it back in the pack. A few months later I used that same pack of cigarettes and took them out of the pack to measure the approximate size of an MVP2 for someone thinking to get one. I put all the cigarettes back in the pack and it is still here somewhere. Never even thought to touch it that time.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I think the boys think they are to play fetch with, Rambo is a hoarder, he steals everything in his path that isn't nailed down. Little stinker, I love that boy. (chihuahua)

Thaya, I am drinking a can of coke, my diabetes salutes yours! UNCLE, I know it will kill me, I am sorry, I needed it today.

well, hello and welcome home to Cowbooker! lets just say, I have a big vaping, smoking and eating habit. I smoked as much as 4 PAD at times and I am down to under two PAD mostly even down to 1 PAD but I do go over sometimes. when I am not smoking I am vaping. I vape a lot and while it may seem like I am a vampire, I can assure you that I am not. I usually can be found here at night. Many of us don't sleep well. If I am lucky I get 4 hours at once. I have issues with the e-liquid, not the same but still have to be careful. I cough from it all the time. It never goes away. makes me feel like my head will explode, seen all the videos, I am doing it right, I even went to a few B&M's to make sure.

I don't know if I will ever quit smoking, I would like to get down to under 10 a day, my next goal is maintain under 15 after that, I work on the 10. Tonight, I found my roommates stick batt and put a Nano on it to try to vape an automatic. see if that helps.

Mark, (we have two now) welcome to you too! I feel that you have found a home as well! YOu will fit right in here.

So pull up your chairs, and get to know everyone, ask questions, tell us about your equipment, your juice buys, whatever you like.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
This is a copy of my first post in the old thread, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ted-smoking-habit-support-chat-thread-21.html, the beginning of my journey here and with vaping. Just so newer people know from where I started.

Copied from Post #818, June 18, 2013
I stayed up all night reading this thread. It's nice to meet a lot of real people on here. I bought a Blu disposable last week. It did not do the job for me, but got me interested in looking into vaping. I read as much of the newcomers info that I could and read lots of info on many threads and joined ECF last week. I have been a 1.5 to 2 pack a day smoker for over 40 years. I started when I was 11 and loved it. Now it is a love/hate relationship. I did the normal stop stuff: the patches, gum and the current holy grail (chantix). The chantix worked for me the first time. Yup, I quit for six months and was thrilled. Then I had to have major surgery and smoked 3 cigarettes on the drive to the hospital and it was game on. I am pushing 2 pad now. Went back on chantix again and I swear I was suicidal and having bad dreams all the time and it did not work. I got scared and stopped it. I feel like myself again but still smoking up a storm. So I made up my mind that I am going to vape. I researched and think I know what may work for me for my first setup but if you all don't mind I would like your input before I buy it. I don't have a lot of money to spend so I don't want to waste it on stuff that will set me up to fail. I know it is off thread but from what I read here I think I trust your opinions more here than in some of the other areas right now. I don't want to be sold on the latest-greatest dodad. Well, here goes,

1300 Spinner 2 of them
Kanger T3 and Evod
This is a kit from Madvapes and comes with a charger.

Kanger ProTank for all the plastic melting juices I want to try. Madvapes also claims to have a pyrex Mini Vivi Nova. Which is better?
Also, I just read that Madvapes just got hacked. Is it safe to order from them now?

Juices from Mt. Baker Vapor and WTA stuff that you have been talking about. Where you getting that stuff?

I would like to do the dripping for all the different flavors but is that too complicated? I am not technically inclined but it looks like I may have to learn to be successful at this.

I would love your suggestions and feedback. I would like to order this stuff this week so I can get started. I am excited about this and finding this thread and all of you. Thank you for letting me go on.
End of Post

So that is how I started my journey here. As of today I have been smoke free for 6 months and 15 days. I credit a lot of my success to this thread and the wonderful, supportive people here. They helped me pick my first setup, told me how to fill the Evod, applauded me on my first day of vaping, held my hand for my first of many meltdowns. When I popped my first coil (sounds dirty, doesn't it?) while dry burning my only 510 atty they sent me attys, juice, drip tips and lots of encouragement and support while I chain smoked until new supplies arrived. For the first weekly and then monthly milestones I get (and give) dancing bananas! We have been through illnesses, births and deaths, juice allergies and various I Want a Cigarette and I Do Not Want a Cigarette moments. They have helped me pick new devices and toppers and fix issues with current pieces.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that this is a safe place to land or visit. Ask your questions. Do not be shy. Someone here will know the answer or be able to point you in the right direction or just give you a hug. If not for this thread I would still be smoking today. And if I do start smoking again, they will be here to ask what happened and what can they do to help or just listen if that is what I need.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I couldn't find all of my posts so easily, I think my vaping history is kind of like connect a dot in that old thread. leave it there, not much has changed except I have different equipment.

I know now that I will be vaping mostly tobaccos, there is no fooling myself, I like tobacco. I mix it with a few things, but the base flavor must be tobacco. I am going to continue using everything I have but, my future stuff will all be tobacco based mixed with vanilla, banana, caramel, butterscotch , cream flavors, coffee, blueberry, cinnamon, and chocolate.

Aik, what do you have on your provari? I put a Iclear 16 on mine and I also tried the original Protank both good, I like the Iclear 16 a bit better. just curious what you use on yours. going to try the aspire ce5 next,

cowbooger88

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
charleston sc
I burned my first coil the other day. Oh my gosh. That about killed me. I about threw up. I about went next door to ask one of the guys for a cig. Haha. Luckily I had a spare coil. I use some cheap b&m set up that has replaceable coils.

I'm almost sure it's an allergy or sensitivity to pg.

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sensitive to gluton( i swell up like I'm pregnant but can't stop eatting it) I'm lactose intolerant, I have crohns along with some other problems. I shouldn't have figured vaping would be any easier for me haha. I appreciate yall here. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi CB and welcome to the thread. I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with vaping, especially in the beginning. It does sound like you may have an allergy or sensitivity to PG. One of our regulars here, FL Lori has done a few Blogposts on PG allergy and has done quite a bit of research on it, since she has the same problem. Here is a link. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/fl-lori/4229-vg-based-juices.html She has more blog posts; you can access them from that link.

I vaped for just over 3 months with no problems until one day I tried a Vanilla Custard juice and after vaping it a while it felt like it was burning my mouth and throat. After a bit my throat started closing up. Yup, an allergic reaction. Quickly took 3 Benedryl and hoped it would calm down and stop. It took over 2 weeks of vaping straight vg and slowly introducing diluted juice to get back to regular vaping. I also discovered I have a sensitivity to cinnamon, can not vape it. It gives me a burning sensation but no burns or swelling. It took several months for my tastebuds to heal properly to where I was tasting flavors normally again. Nasty business and hard to track down the source. Any percentage of pg/vg does not bother me but high vg will give me a heavy feeling in my lungs/chest.

I have to avoid Vanilla Custards and any juice that has Diacetyl in it. Also have to avoid actetyl proprionyl, 2,3 pentaanedionne and acetoin which somehow break down into diacetyl. Many vendors will state they do not use Diacetyl but not disclose whether they use the other chemicals. You, the consumer, have to contact each vendor and ask. It has been stated in several threads and from several sources that if it is a custard or butter type flavor it has diacetyl or one of its substitutes in it. The people who have reactions is a small percentage. But it is something to be aware of.

With the cinnamon, my Dentist told me that cinnamon is an irritant. He has had many patients come in with burning sensations and he tells them to stop using cinnamon chewing gum, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. So it is an irritant and will bother some more than others.

I know of many vapers who use the custards and cinnamon juices with no problems. It may be an individual thing. But it is worth it to rule out those potential sources of your problem. Hives is one symptom, but I never got that symptom, I had the burning and swelling.

It can be a slow, annoying process of elimination. Keep notes and do not give up. You will figure it out eventually. My solution is that I deal with only a couple of vendors now that I trust to tell me the truth about whether their juices have these ingredients in them. If a vendor will not tell me if Cinnamon is in their Unicorn Poopie juice or in their Angel's Farts juice, then I do not do business with them. And you will run into vendors that will not tell. Some may not know because they do not know what is in what their supplier gives them.

Thanks guys! I did find a local vape shop and we tried a 100% pg juice no nic no flavor and I got a migraine and hives. We didn't go any further then that.

Well if I may a little back story? Lol

I originally tried vaping back around Dec 3rd 2013, specific but prob not the right date haha. Anyways I was using an 80p/20v juice at 18mg. Initially I thought it was the nicotine, I got a migraine instintly. After two days of vaping only I quit. I couldn't take it. During the two days though I had ordered some juice online. The b&m didn't label ratio on bottle so when I ordered online I had gotten 60/40 in 12 mg. Christmas Eve I decided to try vaping again. I used the new juice mixed with a little bit of the other juice. My throat felt super scratchy and when I woke up christmas eve my throat had these spots all over it (i have pics if anybody is actually interested lol but they are pretty gross haha) I couldn't handle the ecig vapor on my throat so I bought a pack. That's when my stepmoms criticism started. Well however long my countdown says (i think 12 days?) My paycheck didn't run as long as it should have. I had a bunch of liquid left and figured I might as well start using it instead of cold turkey again (that's an awful feeling no thanks)

Well the first few days aside from a little headache I was fine. Well I forgot my juice at home so mixed some of the b&m juice with the online juice since I had it at work, and I broke out in hives like crazy! I contacted the b&m after some research on pg sensitivities and that's when I found out they were 80/20. Took getting hung up on like 4 times and speaking to the owner since the shop employees were worthless.

That's when I found another shop that does custom mixes and we tested the pg. Well I have like 15 bottles that are still pending vape mail. Some are 40/60 some 60/40....my throat only just started breaking back out today. I had the dry throat spell a few days ago and started pushing fluids hardcore. Anyways I forgot where I was going with this lol. I have a horrid memory

cowbooger88

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
charleston sc
Hi CB and welcome to the thread. I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with vaping, especially in the beginning. It does sound like you may have an allergy or sensitivity to PG. One of our regulars here, FL Lori has done a few Blogposts on PG allergy and has done quite a bit of research on it, since she has the same problem. Here is a link. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/fl-lori/4229-vg-based-juices.html She has more blog posts; you can access them from that link.

I vaped for just over 3 months with no problems until one day I tried a Vanilla Custard juice and after vaping it a while it felt like it was burning my mouth and throat. After a bit my throat started closing up. Yup, an allergic reaction. Quickly took 3 Benedryl and hoped it would calm down and stop. It took over 2 weeks of vaping straight vg and slowly introducing diluted juice to get back to regular vaping. I also discovered I have a sensitivity to cinnamon, can not vape it. It gives me a burning sensation but no burns or swelling. It took several months for my tastebuds to heal properly to where I was tasting flavors normally again. Nasty business and hard to track down the source. Any percentage of pg/vg does not bother me but high vg will give me a heavy feeling in my lungs/chest.

I have to avoid Vanilla Custards and any juice that has Diacetyl in it. Also have to avoid actetyl proprionyl, 2,3 pentaanedionne and acetoin which somehow break down into diacetyl. Many vendors will state they do not use Diacetyl but not disclose whether they use the other chemicals. You, the consumer, have to contact each vendor and ask. It has been stated in several threads and from several sources that if it is a custard or butter type flavor it has diacetyl or one of its substitutes in it. The people who have reactions is a small percentage. But it is something to be aware of.

With the cinnamon, my Dentist told me that cinnamon is an irritant. He has had many patients come in with burning sensations and he tells them to stop using cinnamon chewing gum, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. So it is an irritant and will bother some more than others.

I know of many vapers who use the custards and cinnamon juices with no problems. It may be an individual thing. But it is worth it to rule out those potential sources of your problem. Hives is one symptom, but I never got that symptom, I had the burning and swelling.

It can be a slow, annoying process of elimination. Keep notes and do not give up. You will figure it out eventually. My solution is that I deal with only a couple of vendors now that I trust to tell me the truth about whether their juices have these ingredients in them. If a vendor will not tell me if Cinnamon is in their Unicorn Poopie juice or in their Angel's Farts juice, then I do not do business with them. And you will run into vendors that will not tell. Some may not know because they do not know what is in what their supplier gives them.

Well after reading a story about butter flavors (weather true or not I haven't ever tried one) and cinnamon I can't do. I had an incident coming home from a really bad day at work and somehow I drank a whole bottle of fireball to myself. Well needless to say I can't do cinnamon or drink anymore haha. I've been playing with pg ratios. 60/40 was fine....until today :( which blows because I have 8 killer juices coming in in that stregth. I've gotta figure out how to lower the pg in it. Without making taste bad. :)

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Well after reading a story about butter flavors (weather true or not I haven't ever tried one) and cinnamon I can't do. I had an incident coming home from a really bad day at work and somehow I drank a whole bottle of fireball to myself. Well needless to say I can't do cinnamon or drink anymore haha. I've been playing with pg ratios. 60/40 was fine....until today :( which blows because I have 8 killer juices coming in in that stregth. I've gotta figure out how to lower the pg in it. Without making taste bad. :)

You have a few options: 1) you can just add VG plain no nic(cheapest option) lowering the NIC level as well as the flavor intensity 2) order the same juices in the right nic and change the ratio of the juice to a much higher VG or ) order All VG in the same flavor and nic if its available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread