The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Still smoking support and chat thread

Discussion in 'Switching' started by loxmythe, Jan 26, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JJ1977

JJ1977 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i dont venture out anymore lol last time i did i got a warning :lol:

2. alisa1970

alisa1970 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    You're in safe company, Mark! If you look closely at my sig, I started vaping almost a year ago. I finally quit for good at the beginning of September. A lot of the people here have been struggling longer than that, a few have managed to quit. My thing wasn't that I couldn't stop--I could--for a month or two at a time. I had to reset my counter each time I fell off the wagon. When I thought "this is it", that insane NEED to have a smoke reared its ugly head. It wasn't the nicotine, or even probably the other thousands of chemicals in cigarettes, because USUALLY those are gone after two months.

So, I'd smoke and vape (mostly vape), then quit smoking, then be good for a while, until I needed to smoke again. Eventually, this last time, all the other barriers that seemed to be keeping me "hooked" were dealt with and I truly believe I have it licked. For me, it was when I didn't feel well that I'd just give in. I have some health issues that came up about 3 months into vaping. So I could handle not smoking for a while, then just cave. The last stint where I did that, the cigarettes really weren't providing me any comfort whatsoever. Now when I have that thought that I just want to smoke, it passes very quickly especially when I remind myself that the last smoke I had wasn't very helpful for whatever problem I was dealing with.

There's so much that's mental in this, it can be really hard to tell what's a mental block and what's a physical reaction. Now I'm totally good and have no interest in picking up a smoke, even if I feel like I'm craving one.

Hopefully you will get to that point too.

Welcome to the thread!

• Love Love x 1
  3. jessermay

jessermay Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    York, PA
    Hi Dale! :) :)

4. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    oh great, now ya got me thinking I better give up pepsi and coffee maybe even? slap.gif
    :laugh:

5. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi sweetie :) You doing okay? I see you've been pretty busy :)

6. JJ1977

give up 1 thing at a time lol it will be easier trust me lol i know:pop:

7. jessermay

Apr 9, 2013
    York, PA
    I'm doing pretty good! & yes very busy here but that's just my life, haha. I guess that's what happens when you have a bunch of kids, haha! How're you doing?

8. alisa1970

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR

Yep, per my doctor, I should be giving up ALL stimulants...but she's compromising with me. I can have ONE cup of coffee and some Diet Coke (Splenda ONLY, no aspartame), and NO caffeine after 1PM.

The coffee is actually taking care of itself--I used to have 2-3 "normal" sized mugs of coffee, then drink Diet Coke the rest of the day. With my vaping, the coffee isn't necessary anymore although sometimes I'll have an old-style cup (remember the 8 oz cups?) of coffee, and a Diet Coke with lunch. Then water the rest of the time.

I'm also dropping my nic on the next purchase--I'll be mixing my 12mg with 6mg and transitioning only to 6mg. It better work because it's not that easy to drop all this stuff that I've been used to since high school!

9. daleron

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Fair hon, fair :)

10. JJ1977

i have found joy in mixing myself, i drop only 10 drops of nic per new 30ml bottle i make down to 3.25mg nic now

11. jessermay

Apr 9, 2013
    York, PA
    :) well I'm thinking of you & sending lots of hugs & love your way!

12. daleron

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Thank you hon {{{hugs}}} I think of you guys everyday :)

Maybe someday I'll be a vaper again :unsure:

13. ~Sue~Feb2012

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Hi Dale, I'm Sue :) :D
    :laugh:

14. daleron

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Goofy! I know that :p bye bye now ya'll ;) [​IMG]

15. ~Sue~Feb2012

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I can't imagine having to give up all stims.
    I do need to drink more water to make up for the caffeinated crap I drink:facepalm:
    3.25 :ohmy:

16. Claudia P

Claudia P Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2013
    Dayton, TN, USA
    I think I've figured out what is so different with me, I've always known I was but not how. We had quit smoking in the house 10 years ago so the chain smoking had stopped a long time ago. I haven't felt the need for the smoking like experience, for me the vaping is all about the flavor and the sensation of inhaling. As soon as I found juice that REALLY did it for me and a delivery device that provided enough vapor I think the need for cigarettes just left.
    I like the eroll but for me it is simply a less obvious device for when I'm out and about, I'm rarely out so it works for me for a while, but my mods are really what does it.
    The real turning points were the itazte and the Aspire ET-S and finding the right juice for me.

17. alisa1970

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, I'm at the "adaptive stage" (resistance) of adrenal fatigue due to long term extreme stress...producing way too much cortisol. Stims make it worse. :(

Stages of Adrenal Fatigue

18. Thayamax

Thayamax PIF MODERATOR Extraordinaire Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    I've tried giving up the Pepsi so many times...extremely bad for my diabetes. :facepalm: I can't seem to do it for more than a week or 2. It's harder for me than the cigs have been. Hopefully one day soon. :(

19. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia
    Thank you

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

20. ~Sue~Feb2012

Mar 10, 2012
    USA

sorry to hear that alisa :(
    I've not been to a doc in a while but have an appoint. coming up in a couple weeks...fearing that test results won't be very good and they'll tell me something similar...that I've been in state of chronic stress etc., or what I suspect has been going on, partially, anyway