Suorin Drop or new RTA/RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I thought I had finally found the solution to my prematurely burnt drop in coils but that only lasted like 4 days (longer than the 24 hours I usually get but not enough). I went back to my Zeus Dual RTA but it gives me nothing but frustration. Bad taste, difficult to wick, when I do wick correctly I get burnt taste way too soon.

I’ve been considering something easier. I thought maybe I could get a Suorin Drop since I can refill with whatever juice I have, but I’m afraid flavor pay off won’t be good. Also, idk about how will the vapor feel in my mouth. I kinda enjoy warm vapes.

I’ve also thought about giving in and trying out another RTA or rda. Guys, to me flavor is the most important but I also want simplicity. The RDA is appealing because it’s easier to wick and I get amazing flavor from the ones I’ve tried. But I don’t like the idea of dripping every ten hits. The RTA also has good flavor but I’m afraid I’ll have the same problems as with my Zeus Dual. However, not having to drip every ten hits or so is ideal to me.

What should I do?

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I thought I had finally found the solution to my prematurely burnt drop in coils but that only lasted like 4 days (longer than the 24 hours I usually get but not enough). I went back to my Zeus Dual RTA but it gives me nothing but frustration. Bad taste, difficult to wick, when I do wick correctly I get burnt taste way too soon.

I’ve been considering something easier. I thought maybe I could get a Suorin Drop since I can refill with whatever juice I have, but I’m afraid flavor pay off won’t be good. Also, idk about how will the vapor feel in my mouth. I kinda enjoy warm vapes.

I’ve also thought about giving in and trying out another RTA or RDA. Guys, to me flavor is the most important but I also want simplicity. The RDA is appealing because it’s easier to wick and I get amazing flavor from the ones I’ve tried. But I don’t like the idea of dripping every ten hits. The RTA also has good flavor but I’m afraid I’ll have the same problems as with my Zeus Dual. However, not having to drip every ten hits or so is ideal to me.

What should I do?
@PatVapes do you dry burn the coils right after installed on the deck,to prevent hot spots?
If not you'r cotton is about to burn

Reactions: stols001

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Yes I dry burn
Zeus dual is a fine rta.Something you'r doing wrong.
  • When you roll the cotton don't press it tight.It must be airiness.
  • The wick into the coil not too tight not to loose -small resistance
  • Trim the wick legs
  • Place gently cotton edges to base of deck-Not too much of it,don't stuck it

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

I’ve also thought about giving in and trying out another RTA or RDA. Guys, to me flavor is the most important but I also want simplicity. The RDA is appealing because it’s easier to wick and I get amazing flavor from the ones I’ve tried. But I don’t like the idea of dripping every ten hits. The RTA also has good flavor but I’m afraid I’ll have the same problems as with my Zeus Dual. However, not having to drip every ten hits or so is ideal to me.

What should I do?
The first thing that came to my mind is try single coil attys. Since you already like RDAs, why not squonk? That solves your constant dripping problem.

If you think you'd still prefer an RTA I would view some tutorials on how to wick them. They're not all created equal. "The devil's in the [wick] details". This brings me to some questions......

1. Are your coils primed properly? Some drop-ins can last for weeks.

2. Is your device set properly for the coil installed?

3. Can you tell me more about the juice you're using?

4. What was your supposed solution to your prematurely burnt drop-in coils?

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Still trying to build for you on my Zeus Dual for a good one. It's something miniscule happening.
I have the Pyro 2 which is an outstanding RDTA for flavor and super easy to build on.
Don't give up on the Zeus. I'm still building up coils etc for you in order to help on your other thread. :)

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Zeus dual is a fine rta.Something you'r doing wrong.
  • When you roll the cotton don't press it tight.It must be airiness.
  • The wick into the coil not too tight not to loose -small resistance
  • Trim the wick legs
  • Place gently cotton edges to base of deck-Not too much of it,don't stuck it

Thanks but I’m doing all of that

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Still trying to build for you on my Zeus Dual for a good one. It's something miniscule happening.
I have the Pyro 2 which is an outstanding RDTA for flavor and super easy to build on.
Don't give up on the Zeus. I'm still building up coils etc for you in order to help on your other thread. :)

That’s too sweet :) I thought of using the coils that came within the box. If I have time this weekend I’ll definitely look into it! I really want my Zeus to work, but I’ve had it for over a month and it’s given me nothing but sadness :(

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
The first thing that came to my mind is try single coil attys. Since you already like RDAs, why not squonk? That solves your constant dripping problem.

If you think you'd still prefer an RTA I would view some tutorials on how to wick them. They're not all created equal. "The devil's in the [wick] details". This brings me to some questions......

1. Are your coils primed properly? Some drop-ins can last for weeks.

2. Is your device set properly for the coil installed?

3. Can you tell me more about the juice you're using?

4. What was your supposed solution to your prematurely burnt drop-in coils?

I’m not willing to spend more than 50 or 60 dollars. That’s already a lot of money when you exchange to Peruvian Soles. A new mod and tank would be at least 120 usd and I don’t have that kind of money to throw on something that will probably give me more headaches.

1. Yes I know how to prime. I’ve been vaping for over a year.

2. Yes, the mod is correctly set up.

3. I use all types of juices. All of them with 0 nic. Doesn’t matter if I use dessert flavors, or fruit ones. I always have the same problem.

4. The solution was to never go below the hole things on the coil. I wouldn’t vape the whole tank. I’d leave just enough juice so it would go over the cotton thingies

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
That’s too sweet :) I thought of using the coils that came within the box. If I have time this weekend I’ll definitely look into it! I really want my Zeus to work, but I’ve had it for over a month and it’s given me nothing but sadness :(

Yes, as in your other post, I'm not sure what kind of coils etc your friend put in it but try the ones that were in the box. Were they like the picture I sent? Those are some great coils to start out with and should run for a really long time.

I'll go back to your other post since this thread is asking about another atty.

Later on today I'll build a few more, right now it's doing great on a 0.48 ohm build. I build the coils then vape a few ml's of juice whole doing this. So with that being said I'm trying but it takes a minute or two or three here. No leaks and I'm not burning any coils as of yet. I had a much lower build on it yesterday then jumped to a 0.7 now at a 0.48....:)

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
4. The solution was to never go below the hole things on the coil. I wouldn’t vape the whole tank. I’d leave just enough juice so it would go over the cotton thingies

This might be the error or part of it. I never get below a 1/3 of any tank. Never or you face the risk. Whenever you tilt the atty while vaping you must remember that the cotton can burn it you are taking in puffs as you said 3+ seconds at a tilt. It can happen. Also, check the cotton to make sure you don't have it too tight. Thin it out and maybe on the topside thin it.

This atty is a bit touchy on wicking....:)

• Optimistic

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Yes, as in your other post, I'm not sure what kind of coils etc your friend put in it but try the ones that were in the box. Were they like the picture I sent? Those are some great coils to start out with and should run for a really long time.

I'll go back to your other post since this thread is asking about another atty.

Later on today I'll build a few more, right now it's doing great on a 0.48 ohm build. I build the coils then vape a few ml's of juice whole doing this. So with that being said I'm trying but it takes a minute or two or three here. No leaks and I'm not burning any coils as of yet. I had a much lower build on it yesterday then jumped to a 0.7 now at a 0.48....:)

The guy at the store said those coils weren’t good so he didn’t install them. But the client next to me said those coils were good. I guess he was just trying to sell me more stuff.

This might be the error or part of it. I never get below a 1/3 of any tank. Never or you face the risk. Whenever you tilt the atty while vaping you must remember that the cotton can burn it you are taking in puffs as you said 3+ seconds at a tilt. It can happen. Also, check the cotton to make sure you don't have it too tight. Thin it out and maybe on the topside thin it.

This atty is a bit touchy on wicking....:)

That was on my other tank, with drop in coils. Anyway, what do you think is the best ohm build for the Zeus? I just want the flavor to hit me right in the face without feeling like I’ve burnt something within a few hours.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
PatVapes, sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

For a simple looking RTA, Geekvape Ammit 25 looks interesting. But I think it's more suited to DTL than MTL, but don't quote me as I maybe wrong.

And for mods, Smoant Battlestar. Supposed to be decent and has a following.

Fasttech has both listed at reasonable prices.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
PatVapes, sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

For a simple looking RTA, Geekvape Ammit 25 looks interesting. But I think it's more suited to DTL than MTL, but don't quote me as I maybe wrong.

And for mods, Smoant Battlestar. Supposed to be decent and has a following.

Fasttech has both listed at reasonable prices.

Not looking forward to buying a new kit. As I’ve already mentioned I’m not willing to spend more than 60 bucks. That’s either a pod system or a tank. Mods are over 100 usd here. Also don’t tell me to order online, shipping cost and waiting times are ridiculous and I risk not ever getting my items anyway. I live in Peru

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Thanks but I’m doing all of that
Okey, so it must be the wire gauge,it must be too thin and also it must have small amount of wraps,for 0.19 ohm resistance whith thin wire,46 w it's a lot power.Go to steam engine and calculate for 24 AWG-0.2 ohm-results.
Nevermind,i did it for you:kanthal 24 AWG 3mm ID dual coil 0.2 0hm result 5/4 wraps and a pleasant heat flux at 255mW/mm² for a nice vape

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
The guy at the store said those coils weren’t good so he didn’t install them. But the client next to me said those coils were good. I guess he was just trying to sell me more stuff.

That was on my other tank, with drop in coils. Anyway, what do you think is the best ohm build for the Zeus? I just want the flavor to hit me right in the face without feeling like I’ve burnt something within a few hours.

Yes, he was trying to sell you coils. Many companies are now sending pretty good coils out with these type of units. It's also their reputation at stake whenever they sell you another atty as well.

Currently I'm running the 0.48 with a pretty good flavor and as of now in the three builds I have done for you to try not one has given me an issue. As stated above I'll try another few builds. I'm a flavor chaser myself.

Those coils you have NEED to be tried in the atty as well. You already have them so try them out. They are braided coils that offer flavor. :)

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Again, here's the pic from your other thread of the coils that should be in your box.
20190125_030211.jpg
20190125_030220.jpg
20190125_030225.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread