Back and still frustrated - yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
So after being extremely busy with work for the last couple of weeks, I come back to y’all as frustrated as ever.

I’ve been using my Zeus Dual RTA and my Gnome King atomizer by Wismec. Both are giving me the same issue.

On the RTA, I can fill it twice - around 10ml or so of e-liquid - before feeling that burnt taste and awful throat hit. On the Atomizer, it’s pretty much the same. Filling twice or having around 160 puffs will give me a burnt feeling. It doesn’t matter what type of juice I’m using. Whether pg/vg ratio or type of flavor.

Guys, I don’t have much money to spend so I’m not looking forward to spending more money at this point. I’d like some advice to try and fix my problem or help me see what I’m doing wrong. I know it’s not normal for a drop in coil to last only literally one day. As to the RTA, idk if it’s normal to have to clean and rewick every one or two days, specially after only going through 10ml of juice or so.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Back when I used drop in coils I always had the same issue, everybody looked at me like I was crazy telling me I should get 3 weeks out of a coil and they tasted like absolute garbage before 3 days were out. But, I like dessert and sweet things, guess that had a lot to do with it. I'm not familiar with your particular tank, but SupplyDaddy said something about being able to build on that one, I'd consider looking into that option if I were you. Once I started making my own coils and could give them a fresh wick anytime it started to taste even a little burnt, it was like night and day, I really wouldn't want to go back to drop ins. Your builds don't have to be anything fancy either, just what will work and give you the flavor that you're looking for. Look on youtube, or perhaps if there is a specific thread on this forum about building on your tank, if it can be done and someone here knows how to do it, I am sure they will chime in to help you out.

If I am mistaken, and you can't build on the tank you have, maybe someone can turn you in the direction of one that is inexpensive that will get you started, I know you said you didn't want to spend anymore money, but with building your own coils a new tank would pay for itself quite quickly I believe. I wish I could be more help in this, I personally use a kanger subtank mini, pretty old and I don't think you can find them anywhere anymore, except maybe ordering from fasttech (which would actually be pretty cheap). I tried others, but I never liked any of them as well as this one. It's simple to build, and if I turned out to be someone who absolutely couldn't build, it also takes a drop in (a win/win which was why I tried it in the first place).

Whatever you end up doing I wish you luck.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have several Zeus duals, but not the other tank you mentioned. I’m running the Zeus at 35w in TC at 400 with a sweet homemade juice 25/75 pg/vg. I’ll get usually 4 days like that.

But... I never use one tank at a time. I always have 2-3-4 to switch among in the course of a day. That gives each coil a little break. Still, that’s about 20-30mls in that one tank.

It rather sounds that you are just pushing the coils too hard - chain vaping, using too high a wattage, and/or too long and hard a puff. What might help is to go up in nic a bit and try to vape more gently.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I’ve been using menthol juices, and some jam monster. I usually run my vapes at 45w or 50w tops
And the coil?

#1 Jam Monster is heavily sweetened. Your menthol juice might also be sweetened. Sweetened juices can lead to early coil death as the sweeteners caramelized... You're not tasting burned cotton, but burned sugar.

2. Without knowing what coils you're using or how your wicking is set in the RTA, it'll be high on impossible to further diagnose your issue. If your coil is rated to 25 watts and you're using it at 59 watts, that can lead to burned coils, obviously. In your RTA, if you have wicked too tightly, the juice may be getting choked off and not getting to the coils.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
My drop in coils are good to vape anywhere around 30w to 70w. I don’t even go anywhere higher than 50w, so I doubt that’s the problem.

Also, I can’t order online because I live in Peru. What’s super cheap to you, is quite expensive to me, not counting shipping costs. And how long it takes to get here, if ever.

My puffs are rarely longer than 3 seconds, and I usually take one or two puffs before leaving my vape alone for a few minutes.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
My drop in coils are good to vape anywhere around 30w to 70w. I don’t even go anywhere higher than 50w, so I doubt that’s the problem.

Also, I can’t order online because I live in Peru. What’s super cheap to you, is quite expensive to me, not counting shipping costs. And how long it takes to get here, if ever.

My puffs are rarely longer than 3 seconds, and I usually take one or two puffs before leaving my vape alone for a few minutes.
Sorry...didn't know. :(

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
So after being extremely busy with work for the last couple of weeks, I come back to y’all as frustrated as ever.

I’ve been using my Zeus Dual RTA and my Gnome King atomizer by Wismec. Both are giving me the same issue.

On the RTA, I can fill it twice - around 10ml or so of e-liquid - before feeling that burnt taste and awful throat hit. On the Atomizer, it’s pretty much the same. Filling twice or having around 160 puffs will give me a burnt feeling. It doesn’t matter what type of juice I’m using. Whether pg/vg ratio or type of flavor.

Guys, I don’t have much money to spend so I’m not looking forward to spending more money at this point. I’d like some advice to try and fix my problem or help me see what I’m doing wrong. I know it’s not normal for a drop in coil to last only literally one day. As to the RTA, idk if it’s normal to have to clean and rewick every one or two days, specially after only going through 10ml of juice or so.
First, I know work wasn't that busy, but you had to work on your new avatar. ;)

I don't sub-ohm, but 10ml is about all I ever get, because I'm extremely picky. Are you just sensitive to coil/wick issues, like many of us? Or were you going thru substantially more juice with these tanks previously? Or with other tanks? In other words, is this new to the tanks, or they're just not lasting as long as your other ones? I'm a little confused because one is an rta, and the other is drop in, but you're having the exact same issue with both.

And btw- kudo's for giving ml of juice, type of juice, and wattage. That helps everyone give you better answers. When someone says me their coil last a month, then I see in a thread that they keep a dozen mods/atties in rotation, I just shake my head and wonder what that means, exactly.:)

Sorry I wasn't more help!

Last edited:

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
First, I know work wasn't that busy, but you had to work on your new avatar. ;)

I don't sub-ohm, but 10ml is about all I ever get, because I'm extremely picky. Are you just sensitive to coil/wick issues, like many of us? Or were you going thru substantially more juice with these tanks previously? Or with other tanks? In other words, is this new to the tanks, or they're just not lasting as long as your other ones. I'm a little confused because one is an rta, and the other is drop in, but you're having the exact same issue with both.

And btw- kudo's for giving ml of juice, type of juice, and wattage. That helps everyone give you better answers. When someone says me their coil last a month, then I see in a thread that they keep a dozen mods/atties in rotation, I just shake my head and wonder what that means, exactly.:)

Sorry I wasn't more help!

I am indeed having the saaaaaame exact problem on both of them! This is why I’m completely shocked. I can fill the tanks two or three times tops before I get that nasty burnt feel in my throat :/ I understand that sweet juices will negatively affect any type of coil or tank or whatever. But a coil that lasts less than 1 day is not normal.

Off topic: I have actually been super busy. They give me a full time contract in January and February because of the summer so I’m teaching all day basically. I also started dating again after I was dumped one day before my birthday, so yay? Lol

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
What inner diameter,gauge and amount of wraps are the coils?

I wouldn’t be able to answer that :( the guy built it for me when I bought it a month ago. And I still have juice leftover in my RTA so I can’t look at the amount of wraps. I might get it checked tomorrow though and I’ll see how that goes

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I am indeed having the saaaaaame exact problem on both of them! This is why I’m completely shocked. I can fill the tanks two or three times tops before I get that nasty burnt feel in my throat :/ I understand that sweet juices will negatively affect any type of coil or tank or whatever. But a coil that lasts less than 1 day is not normal.

Off topic: I have actually been super busy. They give me a full time contract in January and February because of the summer so I’m teaching all day basically. I also started dating again after I was dumped one day before my birthday, so yay? Lol
Yes, same problems with both, but:

Were you going thru substantially more juice with these tanks previously? Or with other tanks? In other words, is this new to the tanks, or they're just not lasting as long as your other ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread