Suorin Drop or new RTA/RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I’m not willing to spend more than 50 or 60 dollars. That’s already a lot of money when you exchange to Peruvian Soles. A new mod and tank would be at least 120 usd and I don’t have that kind of money to throw on something that will probably give me more headaches.
I get the money thing. I'm cheap as all get out. There's a possibility that you can buy a BF pin for your RDA (don't know what you have) and find a dirt cheap squonker. I bagged a $50 Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80w for $15.95. And if you don't mind using mechs you can find them for under $10 at FT just about anytime. I realize you need something NOW but just an idea for the future since you like RDAs. Here's wishing you good luck and fortune from the vape gods and that your friend can help you out:)

Reactions: stols001

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Agreed. Braided coils are sweet:)Just muck up fast:(. I also wonder if she might have a short in her atty? Happened to me once. Fried my coil. Eh, I'm probably getting carried away now:p. Have a great morning Alabama:thumb:

Totally agree with you. On her other post she had someone to install a coil for her. Not sure what she has. I know this atty is a very finicky one to wick just right.:( It's not for just anyone diving in. Ha! I had to wick mine a few times the first try myself. :(
There's such a fine line of too much or too little cotton on them, then the placement just lies on the edge of the airflow hole. I'm sure this is her issue. ;)

Yes, those coils are great but you have to burn the gunk off every so many tanks. I'm using staggered claptons on mine right now trying to build a good one for her. I also used a plain clapton since I know it's easy for her to get and she wants flavor.

Good morning to you as well. It's rather cold down here like it is for you! Think we're to hit the teens next week, brrr! I'm Jen or Jennifer (my name on here is crazy, I know):):D

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
@muth Think the atty is fine, just the wick. Keeps burning up. She stated on her other thread she takes a good 3 second hit each time. Rather long if not wicked right, I'm thinking. I'm trying to mimick her vaping and I'm getting good draws with flavor on each build here. I'm going to try a few more then try to sabotage my wicking to check it out like that as well.

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
I'm going to run it very low, it's close now to see at what point this one burns as well. I never get below a third of a tank myself. This is running a 0.48 at 37 watts. My airflow is perfect with this as well, it's about right for the atty on each build. I need to get ready to vape a mint after I run it down, lol. :D:)
20190126_064426.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Totally agree with you. On her other post she had someone to install a coil for her. Not sure what she has. I know this atty is a very finicky one to wick just right.:( It's not for just anyone diving in. Ha! I had to wick mine a few times the first try myself. :(
There's such a fine line of too much or too little cotton on them, then the placement just lies on the edge of the airflow hole. I'm sure this is her issue. ;)

Yes, those coils are great but you have to burn the gunk off every so many tanks. I'm using staggered claptons on mine right now trying to build a good one for her. I also used a plain clapton since I know it's easy for her to get and she wants flavor.

Good morning to you as well. It's rather cold down here like it is for you! Think we're to hit the teens next week, brrr! I'm Jen or Jennifer (my name on here is crazy, I know):):D
Nice to meet you Jen. The teens in AL, wth? We shot up almost 60* the other day, from -20 windchill to 58*. Then I almost blew away from the wind gusts:laugh:.

Nice of you to help out. I've always thought of wicking like being a hairstylist ffs! I found it the most frustrating part of vaping when I started out. It's still a nit picky endeavor. I've been zoning in on top air rtas lately. Really impressed with the ease of use on most of them and the great improvement on air flow. And of course, leak free:thumb:

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Nice to meet you Jen. The teens in AL, wth? We shot up almost 60* the other day, from -20 windchill to 58*. Then I almost blew away from the wind gusts:laugh:.

Nice of you to help out. I've always thought of wicking like being a hairstylist ffs! I found it the most frustrating part of vaping when I started out. It's still a nit picky endeavor. I've been zoning in on top air rtas lately. Really impressed with the ease of use on most of them and the great improvement on air flow. And of course, leak free:thumb:

Nice to meet you as well. We had a few warm days here, almost 70 before the tornadoes came through. Eek. I'm ready for the warmer weather myself.

Yes, you would love the Pyro 2. It's one that I'm going to purchase another. The Faris is pretty good as well. I'm one for the top airflow. They have really improved.

The wicking on this particular atty here is not the funnest to do. At all. One small error and there's an issue. I'm used to it, but it's one that is just picky. Not for the first builder, but can be. If that makes sense. Lol. I am like you, I wick mine to perfection. I fluff and tease the cotton then baby it. Funny but true! :)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
When I started, I loved the Drop.... A tight blast of high nicotine with a resistance similar to inhaling through the filter of a cigarette.

But I don't think it is a good match for you. It is pretty much the complete opposite of what you are using. It is an extremely tight draw (tighter than most other pods) whereas you are currently using a tank with an extremely loose draw.

Also, the Drop is not well suited for vaping large volumes of low nicotine eliquid. If you use it the same way that you are using your tank, you'll go through the pods very quickly. It works best for an occasional quick fix with high nicotine, instead of continuous use with low nicotine.

If you are dead set on getting a pod, you might like the Lost Vape Orion. It is much looser draw. But it may be a bit trickier to use since it will work best if you connect it to a computer and use Escribe software to customize the settings.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My son had a Sourin Drop, the newer one. He absolutely hated it. Something to do with having to remove some plug all the time to restore airflow (IDK I don't use pods.) He was an extremely experienced vaper. Since it sounded sort of similar to your current problem I don't think it would solve your frustration.

I've been vaping a while and building a while, and I cannot get on with the Kayfun (clones, but same design nevertheless.) I moved on, I'm happier, and I have TONS of rebuildables that I like instead.

Sometimes being dogged is a virtue. Sometimes it's not. I still think you should try rayon but that is up to you.

Are you an experienced vaper only, or are you an experienced builder? If the first is true, I vote for a single coil RTA to start. If the second is true, I vote for a different sort of RTA.

Sometimes something everyone says is great just does not suit. Etc. It seems you've tried everything and if you want a pod, sure. But I can't say I'd recommend the drop in particular.

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@PatVapes - I know you're using a DL setup, but since you're considering a pod, which would mean MTL, this would make sense.

You should really try the SJMY Doggystyle. About $10 at Fasttech. It's not a DL setup, but pretty loose compared to many of the RTA's out there. It's dead simple, easy to build, few parts, SUPER forgiving, and just performs. I've never had a failed build, no dry hits, no wicking issues, no leaks, no gurgles. It just works.

Check out the thread:
SXK DOGGY STYLE

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I thought I had finally found the solution to my prematurely burnt drop in coils but that only lasted like 4 days (longer than the 24 hours I usually get but not enough). I went back to my Zeus Dual RTA but it gives me nothing but frustration. Bad taste, difficult to wick, when I do wick correctly I get burnt taste way too soon.

I’ve been considering something easier. I thought maybe I could get a Suorin Drop since I can refill with whatever juice I have, but I’m afraid flavor pay off won’t be good. Also, idk about how will the vapor feel in my mouth. I kinda enjoy warm vapes.

I’ve also thought about giving in and trying out another RTA or RDA. Guys, to me flavor is the most important but I also want simplicity. The RDA is appealing because it’s easier to wick and I get amazing flavor from the ones I’ve tried. But I don’t like the idea of dripping every ten hits. The RTA also has good flavor but I’m afraid I’ll have the same problems as with my Zeus Dual. However, not having to drip every ten hits or so is ideal to me.

What should I do?

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/mods-a-z.869245/page-28

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/atomizers-a-z.877969/page-8

:thumbs::)

• Useful

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
some advises over there are bit to weird for me,
@PatVapes did ya build, rebuild and so?
have all the tools or at least ceramic tweezers? and curve ones?
which cotton are you using, i had several dry burns when using kendo gold edition on RTA's, then learned how to, is simple...

Coils are a simple thing, they need a precise wick, not that fat, not a skinny or loosen one, so, the problem is there, also this tank is pretty air restrictive compared to other dual coil ones.

This video could help, take a watch on wicking, which is your main trouble over there...
upload_2019-2-1_17-35-59.png

it helped me a lot with this tank...from one of my folks

Regards,

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread