Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Regulated. Here is a pic of my build
9c5ff9b18721bdd7d8738af36adf3f2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd try lowering that build. You're putting it right at the top of the chimney and this will cause it to be very warm (comparatively).

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk on my Nexus 6...

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Maybe you have your watts set too high? Try lowering it?

I only use mechs, and my first build was @ 1.5Ω, rebuilt it at 1.0Ω and the heat is much more noticeable.

Your coil placement doesn't look like it should a fault.

In your case I completely understand as you'd have higher current flowing through your build with a mech, but I've lowered my wattage far below what I used to use in the KFL+(build +2.2V - e.g 1.0Ohm would be at 3.2V). Puzzled but I'll try a different build at higher Ohms to see whether that helps.

I'd try lowering that build. You're putting it right at the top of the chimney and this will cause it to be very warm (comparatively).

Can you elaborate on this and why this would matter? I've never understood these minute differences in placement, and how they affect the warmth of the vape.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
In your case I completely understand as you'd have higher current flowing through your build with a mech, but I've lowered my wattage far below what I used to use in the KFL+(build +2.2V - e.g 1.0Ohm would be at 3.2V). Puzzled but I'll try a different build at higher Ohms to see whether that helps.

Can you elaborate on this and why this would matter? I've never understood these minute differences in placement, and how they affect the warmth of the vape.
Sure. If you put the coil that close to the chimney, all of the air from under the coil is getting backed up under the coil. If it's too close, you're actually restricting the draw. Because of this, the air swirls in the chimney and just keeps getting hotter.

If you want a cool vape, you need to ensure that there is an unobstructed flow of air. That's why the super sub ohm guys like huge airflow. Without it, the vape is just way too hot.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I hate to disagree, but it was opinion. He wanted the mini form factor, but a capacity greater than 2ml. I can agree with that. I received mine today, love the vape and the quality, and have already had to fill it for a second time.

That is not to say I wouldn't potentially buy a second. It's a con for me, but I knew that going in and understand the reasons for the size.

Think of it in terms of drip tips. I know some friends that hate metal drip tips and believe it a con if any atty comes with one.

To each their own.

Well, he said the capacity was smaller because it was a mini but that is offset because it is easy to fill. I don't see why this is a thumbs down. Just don't see it.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca

Answer above and below so I'll remove my useless guess here..:)

Reactions: AstroTurf

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I need some guidance in terms of warm vs cold vape - I created a coil similar to my KFL+ but its warmer than I'd like. Coil height is 2-3mm high, sized at about 2.5mm. Its come out to about 1.3 Ohms - and I am vaping all the way down to 3.4 V, and its still warm. Any suggestions?
Regulated. Here is a pic of my build
9c5ff9b18721bdd7d8738af36adf3f2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That coil is too high, above the base's airhole. Pls bring it down my brother, to around 1.5mm.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Sure. If you put the coil that close to the chimney, all of the air from under the coil is getting backed up under the coil. If it's too close, you're actually restricting the draw. Because of this, the air swirls in the chimney and just keeps getting hotter.

If you want a cool vape, you need to ensure that there is an unobstructed flow of air. That's why the super sub ohm guys like huge airflow. Without it, the vape is just way too hot.

Now this makes sense completely! Thanks!

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Well, he said the capacity was smaller because it was a mini but that is offset because it is easy to fill. I don't see why this is a thumbs down. Just don't see it.
It's a subjective con to say the least.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Taifun GT (larger tank) > Taifun GS (smaller version of the GT) yet no one complains that the juice capacity on the GS is too low. Why is this difficult to understand with the Kayfun? Kayfun 3.1/Lite/Lite+(Larger tank) > Kayfun 2.1/V3 Mini (Smaller version).

Still not a con, IMO. Want a bigger version, buy the Lite or the V4.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Still not a con, IMO. Want a bigger version, buy the Lite or the V4.
It is a huge con because the great majority want an SM atty with the characteristics of this mini in a full sized tank; i.e., a K4Lite. SM would have satisfied a much larger audience by releasing a K4L product rather than this and bring this out further down the road.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It is a huge con because the great majority want an SM atty with the characteristics of this mini in a full sized tank; i.e., a K4Lite. SM would have satisfied a much larger audience by releasing a K4L product rather than this.
Not sure how you know this. Somehow I think SM knows their market better than any of us. besides, how do you know they wont release a K4 Lite or similar?

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
It is a huge con because the great majority want an SM atty with the characteristics of this mini in a full sized tank; i.e., a K4Lite. SM would have satisfied a much larger audience by releasing a K4L product rather than this.

Maybe a con if you were hoping for a 22mm atty, but as a "mini" it's not a con - it's mini :p

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
It is a huge con because the great majority want an SM atty with the characteristics of this mini in a full sized tank; i.e., a K4Lite. SM would have satisfied a much larger audience by releasing a K4L product rather than this and bring this out further down the road.
Again, subjective opinion. I believe they hit the mark perfectly.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I wish it was capable of duplicating itself. As far as juice capacity, the description told me how much I can fit in it. Actually, the name of it told me it wouldn't hold 5 mls. It's like buying a DNA 40 device and complaining that it only does 40 watts.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Not sure how you know this. Somehow I think SM knows their market better than any of us. besides, how do you know they wont release a K4 Lite or similar?
I can assume this, first, because of the large number of posters in this thread anticipating the K5 that then posted their disappointment and moved on vs. the couple of dozen that have continued in this thread, thrilled with their new mini. Second, the market for a tank in this size range is very limited. Look around you. What size predominates?

I am sure that they will release a K4 Lite (or K5, or whatever they want to call it) with a similar design as this tank. What I am saying is that they should have come out with that first, then fulfilled the niche market of the mini.

It is a great looking tank that will greatly satisfy a few. They should all enjoy it in good health! Tens of thousands are no doubt still waiting for the next (full-sized) Kayfun.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I can assume this first because of the large number of posters in this thread anticipating the K5 that then posted their disappointment and moved on vs. the couple of dozen that have continued in this thread, thrilled with their new mini. Second, the market for a tank in this size range is very limited. Look around you. What size predominates?

I am sure that they will release a K4 Lite (or K5, or whatever they want to call it) with a similar design as this tank. What I am saying is that they should have come out with that first, then fulfilled the niche market of the mini.
Understood. However, they did not have an atty in the mini market. And I have to believe they are working on more than one project at a time and the mini just happened to be ready for release. Lastly, I would not use ECF as a barometer for the world market. For example, the masses don't want anything to do with rebuildables but you'd never get that impression from ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread