Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sockeye404

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
Germany
maps4me.net
Looks to be 80mm+ with the drip tip...that's a bit too long imo.

kay5a.jpg

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
I got the V5 today in a preorder.
First of all, what they completely missed with the V4 has been sorted out with V5. It's a bigger brother to the mini V3, and the things I love about the new kayfun are:

- Brilliant airflow control
- Build deck is bigger than mini V3 and has better PEEK insulator and bigger screws with the little posts that catch the wire is brilliant. Tightening that coil down in no time.
- The top of the tank is slanted, opposed to mini V3 where its flat, so you don't really need to worry about little bit of liquid when you tighten the top cap on.

For first time I've put a 1 Ohm, 26 AWG coil there, airflow on tightest spot and works well for M2L. Wide open draw is fine for direct lung hits.

They did a good job on this one. As a fanboi I'd rate it 11/10. Objective rating - 9/10.

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
I haven't used a subtank unfortunately. I'm now testing direct lung ( 0.7 Ohm clapton, fully open airflow) and it is really airy and I get great flavor.

The vape at the 1Ohm coil is just the way I like it, warm (not too warm), and the flavor is on par with the mini V3. I would say that that there are nuances when comparing mini V3 and V5 when it comes to flavor. For one, mini V3 is one of the best M2L flavor chasers (I'd dare to say it beats the Spheroid v4). I'd say they're really close one to other .

Now V5 is a more versatile tank, you've got the lowest airflow and fully open airflow, wider deck and bigger chamber, where mini V3 is smaller deck, smaller chamber, smaller air hole, it just screams FLAVOR. I wouldn't even compare the two in the same category. In my mind it's like comparing apples and oranges just because the mini V3 is full bred flavor machine with regular (simple) kanthal ( I'm using 1.6-1.8 Ohm coils there, 28AWG kanthal and it's just great), V5 will support anything you throw at it. If anything, the build deck great. Haven't tried dual coils on it.. I'm a simple man.

If I compare V4 and V5, V5 is clear winner here. I've always got muted flavor from V4, V5 beats it in that category.
I've always had problems with Clapton coils that the atty base gets hot real quick, on the V5 that's not the case and that's what I like about it.

If anybody had a Vapor Giant 2.5 - V5 is really similar to it, and the vape quality reminds me of it. VG always had really good flavor.

Now after a whole day of using the V5:
- you need top open the liquid control just a bit. like a 60% of a turn. Just enough for the holes to peek over the deck. if you turn the full turn, it will leak after a while. If you're on the lowest airflow setting and taking light puffs, might need to open it a bit more, widest airflow setting with strong lung inhales - don't open it so much, it will suck too much liquid in after few puffs.
- If you take apart the base center pin, take notice where the indicators for airflow are. So you don't mess up the order and confuse yourself.
- Positive - you can remove the airflow control, it held by a O-ring and clean if you have some liquid there.

V5 is a positive step back and true successor of Kayfun 3.1/KFL/KFL Plus. If you want to run simple kanthal coil in there - you can. If you want to rock a subohm clapton coil - you can. It's is a really all-around tank, great flavor at each setting.
Is mini V3 better in flavor? Probably since it has all the things flavor chaser atty needs.

And finally - I'm just a random dude on the internet, with my specific vaping setups, so please take my words with a grain of salt. I'm sure there will be people that will say that I'm wrong. This is my experience, your might be different.

I hope this helps out. The bottom line - V5 is well engineered atty and who decides to get one will not regret the decision.

6vzfkaC.jpg

8Jf6cc4.jpg

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I haven't used a subtank unfortunately. I'm now testing direct lung ( 0.7 Ohm clapton, fully open airflow) and it is really airy and I get great flavor.

The vape at the 1Ohm coil is just the way I like it, warm (not too warm), and the flavor is on par with the mini V3. I would say that that there are nuances when comparing mini V3 and V5 when it comes to flavor. For one, mini V3 is one of the best M2L flavor chasers (I'd dare to say it beats the Spheroid v4). I'd say they're really close one to other .

Now V5 is a more versatile tank, you've got the lowest airflow and fully open airflow, wider deck and bigger chamber, where mini V3 is smaller deck, smaller chamber, smaller air hole, it just screams FLAVOR. I wouldn't even compare the two in the same category. In my mind it's like comparing apples and oranges just because the mini V3 is full bred flavor machine with regular (simple) kanthal ( I'm using 1.6-1.8 Ohm coils there, 28AWG kanthal and it's just great), V5 will support anything you throw at it. If anything, the build deck is

If I compare V4 and V5, V5 is clear winner here. I've always got muted flavor from V4, V5 beats it in that category.
I've always had problems with Clapton coils that the atty base gets hot real quick, on the V5 that's not the case and that's what I like about it.

If anybody had a Vapor Giant 2.5 - V5 is really similar to it, and the vape quality reminds me of it. VG always had really good flavor.

Now after a whole day of using the V5:
- you need top open the liquid control just a bit. like a 60% of a turn. Just enough for the holes to peek over the deck. if you turn the full turn, it will leak after a while. If you're on the lowest airflow setting and taking light puffs, might need to open it a bit more, widest airflow setting with strong lung inhales - don't open it so much, it will suck too much liquid in after few puffs.
- If you take apart the base center pin, take notice where the indicators for airflow are. So you don't mess up the order and confuse yourself.
- Positive - you can remove the airflow control, it held by a O-ring and clean if you have some liquid there.

V5 is a positive step back and true successor of Kayfun 3.1/KFL/KFL Plus. If you want to run simple kanthal coil in there - you can. If you want to rock a subohm clapton coil - you can. It's is a really all-around tank, great flavor at each setting.
Is mini V3 better in flavor? Probably since it has all the things flavor chaser atty needs.

And finally - I'm just a random dude on the internet, with my specific vaping setups, so please take my words with a grain of salt. I'm sure there will be people that will say that I'm wrong. This is my experience, your might be different.

I hope this helps out. The bottom line - V5 is well engineered atty and who decides to get one will not regret the decision.

6vzfkaC.jpg

8Jf6cc4.jpg
Wow - great review and thanks for taking the time!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Going to get one of these just cant make up my mind if it's worth waiting for shipping from the EU or if it will be more available in 10 days!

Shipping from Intaste has never taken more than 2 days to get to me in Ohio. It's about $20 for shipping though but quite worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Sockeye404

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
Germany
maps4me.net
Going to get one of these just cant make up my mind if it's worth waiting for shipping from the EU or if it will be more available in 10 days!

The production is running 7/24 at SMTec. Everybody who wants one will get one.. (Except the Austrians with no access to an offline-store, as the online trade of vaping gear will be forbidden in Austria from 5/20 on) So guys, please be kind and leave the first batch at Intaste for theses poor vapors. It's their only chance...

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
The production is running 7/24 at SMTec. Everybody who wants one will get one.. (Except the Austrians with no access to an offline-store, as the online trade of vaping gear will be forbidden in Austria from 5/20 on) So guys, please be kind and leave the first batch at Intaste for theses poor vapors. It's their only chance...
One of my wives brothers (the three of us recently got married:banana:) lives in Austria and also vapes. She already told him she will buy one for him.

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread