Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Yesterday, I finally ordered my first kayfun. I've been salivating over these since the v4 came out, especially with a polished up Chris Mun bell cap - one of the sexiest looking things on the planet, but always stopped myself from getting one because I felt the draw was a hair on the tight side for me personally, even with the S-kit. Now they've opened it up slightly on the v5, I can't wait to try it out

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
OBX Vacation + New Kayfun5 + Ahlusion's Calypso!

Just got back from a one week vacation on the beautiful NC Outer Banks. Took along a kayfun 5 loaded with my ADV, Ahlusion's Caramel Wild Wood, and a 2nd brand new, unopened K5. While Mrs. Magic was out for a morning run on the beach, I disassembled, washed/dried the new K5, built a beautiful 28g, 1.4Ω contact coil, wicked and loaded with Ahlusion's Calypso, half 70PG/30VG, 12mg, sweetened, breeze and half 70PG/30VG, 6mg, sweetened, no breeze. Ooh, la, la! Delicious, perfect summer vacation vape! :w00t:

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi. My kayfun has stopped showing resistance on my ohmmeter. Why?

Every other atty works on it and the kfun used to work and still fires on a regulated device. Anybody know why the Eleaf ohmmeter won't read it?

Is it still safe to use it? Particularly on mechanicals.
The reading on mechs is what it is supposed to be and doesn't jump around. I'd imagine it's fine.

Reactions: AstroTurf

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hi. My kayfun has stopped showing resistance on my ohmmeter. Why?

Every other atty works on it and the kfun used to work and still fires on a regulated device. Anybody know why the Eleaf ohmmeter won't read it?

Is it still safe to use it? Particularly on mechanicals.
The reading on mechs is what it is supposed to be and doesn't jump around. I'd imagine it's fine.
FWIW, neither of my two K5s give a reading from my standard ohm meter. I have to put them on my ProVari to get a reading. I think the pin is too short to make contact.

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
Hi,
let me share my detailed experience of Kayfun 5 LEAKING, GURGLING, FLOODING, SWEATING and how I totally solved it:
1,5 months ago I received my Kayfun 5 and entered in contact with the vaping experience and vaping world.
I lubed the o-rings and started using it.

Problems:
- sweating a lot around the air holes and 510 pin
- permanent liquid dropps around the air inlet holes. Impossible to use without a napkin
- leaking (just a little) when held horizontally, impossible to hold in the pocket with liquid control open
- flooding and gurgling or dry hits - almost impossible to set the right liquid amount
- cotton got dark braun almost black after 1/2 tank. When I washed the cotton it got withe again.

I tried all possible wicking methods and coil configurations etc just to see it work as some are describing it and nothing worked for me.
I took all o-rings and inspected them with a lens, nothing wrong!
I verified on svoemesto's website if it is original Kayfun 5 or I have been cheated with a clone! It is original. Checked 5 times because I couldn't believe it!
I got pretty desperate and raised the money for another vaporizer but before ordering a new one, last evening I thought to try a last thing and alleluia!!!

Solution:
I took the spare o-rings received with the Kayfun 5, lubed them well BEFORE INSTALLING on the Kayfun with special lubricant for food industry. I put oil on all sides of the o-rings.
Then I dismounted the old o-rings, lubed the new ones again, just to be shore, and installed them.
Since then no more sweating, leaking, flooding, gurgling, dry hits or dark cotton! I'm at the second tank already.
It is a TOTALLY different Kayfun 5 and liquid control works very easy and smooth. same with the air intake ring.
It has no relation now to the way my Kayfun was working and feeling 2 days ago!
I lubed the old o-rings in excess at least 10 times with the same lubricant but I had no improvement so I can't explain what was really wrong with it because no o-ring was damaged (at least not visible with a magnifying glass)!
Monday I order 3 more o-ring sets.
Each month I will dismount the o-rings to lube then reinstall. No more lubing with o-rings installed!
I hope my experience can help other Kayfun users.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Hi,
let me share my detailed experience of Kayfun 5 LEAKING, GURGLING, FLOODING, SWEATING and how I totally solved it:
1,5 months ago I received my Kayfun 5 and entered in contact with the vaping experience and vaping world.
I lubed the o-rings and started using it.

Problems:
- sweating a lot around the air holes and 510 pin
- permanent liquid dropps around the air inlet holes. Impossible to use without a napkin
- leaking (just a little) when held horizontally, impossible to hold in the pocket with liquid control open
- flooding and gurgling or dry hits - almost impossible to set the right liquid amount
- cotton got dark braun almost black after 1/2 tank. When I washed the cotton it got withe again.

I tried all possible wicking methods and coil configurations etc just to see it work as some are describing it and nothing worked for me.
I took all o-rings and inspected them with a lens, nothing wrong!
I verified on svoemesto's website if it is original Kayfun 5 or I have been cheated with a clone! It is original. Checked 5 times because I couldn't believe it!
I got pretty desperate and raised the money for another vaporizer but before ordering a new one, last evening I thought to try a last thing and alleluia!!!

Solution:
I took the spare o-rings received with the Kayfun 5, lubed them well BEFORE INSTALLING on the Kayfun with special lubricant for food industry. I put oil on all sides of the o-rings.
Then I dismounted the old o-rings, lubed the new ones again, just to be shore, and installed them.
Since then no more sweating, leaking, flooding, gurgling, dry hits or dark cotton! I'm at the second tank already.
It is a TOTALLY different Kayfun 5 and liquid control works very easy and smooth. same with the air intake ring.
It has no relation now to the way my Kayfun was working and feeling 2 days ago!
I lubed the old o-rings in excess at least 10 times with the same lubricant but I had no improvement so I can't explain what was really wrong with it because no o-ring was damaged (at least not visible with a magnifying glass)!
Monday I order 3 more o-ring sets.
Each month I will dismount the o-rings to lube then reinstall. No more lubing with o-rings installed!
I hope my experience can help other Kayfun users.
Your experience is similar to mine. But while lubing the rings is certainly a good idea, I think the reason this works is because some of the rings are just not right, even though they look OK. FWIW, replacing the two lowest rings for AFC and near the hex nut, has stopped the seeping from the base for several months, however, replacing the JFC rings has been hit and miss: some of the spare replacements are also not right, and will leak. In one case, it took 2 or 3 replacements before I found a good ring that did't leak. YMMV.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I have had Kayfuns for a long time, but there were times I just wanted a harder, fast-filling vape. I have always had others that I kept available for those times. Anyway, the KF V5 came along and it does that fine. I even cut it down to 3 holes. They structured it differently all-around.

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
as every "recent quit smoking" I'm still at MTL vaping so I use it with MTL kit.
The alternative I wanted to purchase is squape x dream with the mtl base.

Does anybody vape MTL and has both - Kayfun 5 and squape x to tell me which has better vapour and flavour in MTL style?

As mods I have vapor giant 2,5 mechanical mod and istick pico. I love electronic mods but also the ss tube format so I'm searching for one now that has both. I have seen that the best would be Dani Extreme V3 from Dicodes. Any opinion on this one or maybe suggestions?
I haven't seen an electronic tube mode with USB so far.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
as every "recent quit smoking" I'm still at MTL vaping so I use it with MTL kit.
The alternative I wanted to purchase is squape x dream with the mtl base.

Does anybody vape MTL and has both - Kayfun 5 and squape x to tell me which has better vapour and flavour in MTL style?

As mods I have vapor giant 2,5 mechanical mod and istick pico. I love electronic mods but also the ss tube format so I'm searching for one now that has both. I have seen that the best would be Dani Extreme V3 from Dicodes. Any opinion on this one or maybe suggestions?
I haven't seen an electronic tube mode with USB so far.

Hi hadrian21. I am kinda recent but it's been 2 years. I have gone back to mtl and love it with various mechs and kayfun lites.

I have an authentic kayfun 5 and I must say that as it is aimed toward dl vaping it was just a waste of money and because of that I won't be buying the squape.
I don't think it's right that the people who made those companies what they are should have to pay for mtl kits.

And tbh, the kayfun just tastes like every other atty with too much airflow. I imagine the squapes the same.
Just buy any other kit for a fraction of the price and get the same experience.
If your getting clones, more power to you and the squapes probably only £20. Just buy it and see.

Edit: oh yeah forgot my point :facepalm:.
Just get cheaper attys until you find out that dl is/or isn't for you.

Last edited:

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
thanks for the advice! Clones depend on luck - you can get a rubbish pcs or something that is like the original. As you have seen above I'm not very lucky about this stuff - I received even the original with some problems - so ...

I have also purchased a melo 3 mini with my pico and purchased also the 0,75 mtl coil and a mtl tip for it. It is rubbish! Barely managed to vape a 2 ml tank with it. Almost no taste, low vapour production and after 4-5 consecutive draws - I get a dry hit! With melo 3 there is nothing to set so mistakes are pretty much excluded!
I use high vg liquids which might be the cause for melo's low performance. After using Kayfun when I try melo I feel like on life support - must keep it at my mouth continuously to feel some vapours. Even nicer, the metal top where the tip sits is flat and if the tip is not very long it will burn your lips after 10 min of usage.
Anyway melo calmed me down about other atomisers then high end and fully adjustable.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yeah I get you. But I thought the melo was dl anyway.
TBH, different coils don't help anyway. They shouldn't be labelled like that. Even tips and all that don't work.

I take it your fine with building your own when you talk about kayfuns?

Have you got much money? As in I bought an authentic kayfun lite + maybe a year ago (maybe less) best thing I ever bought. The draw is perfect. It cost me £50 still though!
If you get the building down you don't need to access the deck really. A tad annoying for new flavours and old wicks though. You can top fill it easily, I never use the screw.
Then I got a Gus phenomenon and you can mess with the builds like normal and don't have to drain. Ever so slightly looser than the kfun lite but still real mtl.
It costs €120 though so a bit steep.

Honestly just fiddle around with the cheaper tanks for now and find your preferred vape.
I got to 100 watts on drippers but changing back to mtl is the best ever. I wish some companies knew that.

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
I didn't want to give up on melo so I just installed 10 min ago an 1,8 ohm aspire coil. Vapour production very good, taste very good, the only problem is that from time to time I get small e-liquid drops in my mouth.
Mtl coils have a much smaller hole in the middle - 1/2 or even 1/3 diameter compared to dl coils.
I usually vape at 15-20 watt. With this 1,8 ohm coil the voltage at 20 W is 6,2 V so I guess the battery will drain pretty fast.
I looked a lot to kayfun lite plus and mini v3. I'm not that egger to spend on another kayfun as long as I have the v5.
Building my own decks is for me a relaxing activity.
I wanted the melo to work because when I'm away I just need a bottle of juice and a coil with me. With the kaifun I need also a lot of tools, cotton, wire, time, etc so a whole dedicated bag.
For the moment I have 2 good working atomizers so I wait now for a while until the next purchase!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Oh ok. I'm not that familiar with coils as after a month I built my own coils and only bought rtas and drippers.

But did you say mtl on a 0.75 ohm coil. That doesn't sound right. do you know the gauge of the wire used because you would need more heat for a lower gauge as it's a thicker wire and I only go about 11 watts on most things.
Each to his own but that's a fair amount of heat.
Mtl and subbing aren't really conducive.

The 1.8 sounds much better

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Oh yeah, I haven't got one myself but I've heard good things about the cheap serpent mini.

Some people say it can give both a good dl and mtl experience for an rta. I'm dubious but I'll buy one to give it a go.

I read on other forums that the triton coils you have are the best, and also people recommended the tobeco super tank coils. I don't know though, sorry

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
it was a special mtl coil build by eleaf. ECML 0,75 ohm. ML comes from mouth to lung. Wanted to send you the link but it seems they changed the products. Probably somebody tested it.
The liquid holes are almost blocked. The new ones have round holes as aspire from what I have just seen on their website.
Here is a photo with the pcs of garbage coil.
IMG_1028.jpg

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
I searched the vaporizer you mentioned and serpent seems identical to melo.
If you want a cheap tank from what I see now the coil is the hole deal. Juice comes from tank to coil and directly in your mouth. From what I see as an engineer but with no experience in this field the only properties of the tank are: no leaking and adjustable air holes. The rest does the coil. Tank has no influence in the coil flooding, low vapour production, etc. If you want to test a version like this look for a tank with removable tip because with the standard dl tip you can not MTL - try mtl with a beer bottle - same feeling with the wide standard tip

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Okay man. I don't quite follow you but adjustable airflow has a huge responsibility when determining your vape.
If it has to be cheap and you want adjustable airflow with prebuilt coils I have to recommend the nautilus normal/mini.
First tank. So good. I'd still use it if I had the money to spend on coils.

Actually there is the kabuki if you have money to splash.

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
I heard a lot of good stuff about nautilus and considering the low price I think I get one next week to play a little with it. I like that even it uses prebuilt coils it has a chimney which should make a difference.
you say about money for coils - how much does in average a coil work? I heard about a month until it burns. If it's so, 12 coils / year is not that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread