Status
Not open for further replies.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
i have a ? guys...do ur cartos stay wet?..or do u have to constantly add a couple drops on the top..i do not see my carto staying completely moist i always have to add some drops..i'm using a valve thing to punch the holes in my cartos.

Been using tanks for 4 months and yes the carto stays wet but not at the very top .. the top of the carto is white and appears to be dry but dont worry, that's how it's suppose to look .. the juice is coming in thru the punched or slotted hole and keeps the coil nice and wet.

Slim82

Feb 3, 2010
Virginia
I received my 5.5ml liquinator last week. I have a question if anyone knows. They forgot the o-rings and sent me ones this week. I received two bags. One bag ad (4) 9mm o-rings - the second bag had 6 o-rings 3 sets of (2) different sizes. One I know is for the outter part of the end caps, but which ones do I use for the inside of the end caps?

I first put (2) 9mm rings on each end cap but thought that was a little weird so I chose the middle size and placed one on each end. When I fill the tank and the carto is slanted to the side, I get A LOT of liquid pouring through the bottom part (drip tip side) when I'm filling it up.

Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated... I do not want to go back to my eGo and I sent an email to Vaporesence and they have not responded. :(

edit: I also get liquid leaking into the eGo battery I'm using. These batteries are 8-9 months old, not sure if they're old and not generating enough juice to fire up the carto and wick fast enough. I take slow pulls when I vape the liquinator because of this. Also, on another thread I saw a link where you could buy 100 count of o-rings so I bought those, so I guess I can use those next week (1 or 2 of them go into the end caps?)

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
How big and how many holes are in the cartomizer? And they never respond to emails
Update:

I tried a different o-ring that was included after I vaped the tank dry. It's nice and snug now, takes actual force to move the tank on the carto.

Now I have a problem. It is flooding like a storm onto the battery from the carto connection.

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
The boge is one that came with the tank. The leaking is coming out the airhole and not around the seal. She said that she can blow it out, it works fine for awhile, but after sitting a bit, flooded again. Like I said, I'm stumped by this.

I have had some carto's do this and I think the center tube is either nicked when cutting or has a small hole burnt in it from vaping dry.

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Been using tanks for 4 months and yes the carto stays wet but not at the very top .. the top of the carto is white and appears to be dry but dont worry, that's how it's suppose to look .. the juice is coming in thru the punched or slotted hole and keeps the coil nice and wet.

From time to time, I slide the tank to the bottom and hold it tight against my Bullet. I am using the regular size tank too. I then do a few pulls on it to re-prime the wick. I will also prime the top from time to time.

From what I gather, while it works fairly well keeping the Carto moist you still should prime it to keep it wet let it gets burnt.

If you have leaking or gurgles, then the center tube is likely leaking. Blow out the unit and if the problem returns, get another carto.

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
How big and how many holes are in the cartomizer? And they never respond to emails

When I buy in richardson they have two slots, when I buy in fort worth they have one slot. Looks like it is about 1/4 long and 3/8 up from the battery / threaded end. I think two slots works better with thicker juice.

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I have pocketed my unit, dropped it and packed it on a carry one. It travels well.

Leaks seem to be associated with bad carto's that are either bad from the get go or become burnt after much use.

I have since started priming my unit from time to time. Not sure if this solved the problem as I have been on the same Carto for over 2 weeks now and about 60 ML of juice.

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
I modded mine (the smaller tank) with a Volt carto because all three Boges I got were defective from the get-go. I used a standard carto and a 1/4" water line saddle valve to punch the holes. A saddle valve is what is used to attach ice makers on the fridge to a water line. About $7 at the hardware store. Measure and seat the carto then tighten the bolts of the saddle to hold the carto in place, then tighten the "T" handle until you hear a little "pop" sound. Add 1/2 to 3/4 turn and remove. Repeat for 2 or 3 holes. Do not over-penetrate or you will puncture the outer sheath of the batting and get flooding. This thing works great. No dry carto, no burning, no flooding, and NO leakage. Lots of vapor.

Fish

Last edited:

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
This thing works great. No dry carto, no burning, no flooding, and NO leakage. Lots of vapor.

Fish
I suspect that is the reason I get so many bad ones from them. The cuts damage the Carto. Punching sounds like a much better way go. Less chance of creating a small burr and damaging an O ring too. Thanks for the tip!

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas
I suspect that is the reason I get so many bad ones from them. The cuts damage the Carto. Punching sounds like a much better way go. Less chance of creating a small burr and damaging an O ring too. Thanks for the tip!

No problem, YVW. 2 of the 3 cartos I got wouldnt fire and the 3rd had a loose (spinning) thread base. Best just go for it and mod your own. Save on the shipping...

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I modded mine (the smaller tank) with a Volt carto because all three Boges I got were defective from the get-go. I used a standard carto and a 1/4" water line saddle valve to punch the holes. A saddle valve is what is used to attach ice makers on the fridge to a water line. About $7 at the hardware store. Measure and seat the carto then tighten the bolts of the saddle to hold the carto in place, then tighten the "T" handle until you hear a little "pop" sound. Add 1/2 to 3/4 turn and remove. Repeat for 2 or 3 holes. Do not over-penetrate or you will puncture the outer sheath of the batting and get flooding. This thing works great. No dry carto, no burning, no flooding, and NO leakage. Lots of vapor.

Fish

I've been using a dremel to slot my own. It worked well, but it was a bit of a hassle. I didn't like all those sparks and feared cutting too deeply or sucking in metal shavings by accident. I also found the cuts would leave sharp edges which I felt I had to file down to prevent o-ring damage.

I tried the saddle valve you mentioned, but just couldn't get it to work for me for some reason. I couldn't get the carto to remain stable so it wanted to spin, making it difficult to puncture. Then the nail bent, making the saddle valve useless.

So I invested in one of these Aluminium Cartomizer Punch - Cartomizers - Accessories and I've been a happy camper ever since. Talk about easy!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
40 bucks for that???
I've been using a dremel to slot my own. It worked well, but it was a bit of a hassle. I didn't like all those sparks and feared cutting too deeply or sucking in metal shavings by accident. I also found the cuts would leave sharp edges which I felt I had to file down to prevent o-ring damage.

I tried the saddle valve you mentioned, but just couldn't get it to work for me for some reason. I couldn't get the carto to remain stable so it wanted to spin, making it difficult to puncture. Then the nail bent, making the saddle valve useless.

So I invested in one of these Aluminium Cartomizer Punch - Cartomizers - Accessories and I've been a happy camper ever since. Talk about easy!

FishmanTx

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Beeville, Texas

The carto has to be in there solid, even if the bracket has to be bent slightly to get a good hold on the carto. Mine tried to go sideways too, but with a little care, it works great. I'm going to get one of the "c-clamp" style saddle valves to see if it works better. It probably will. I would have got that one first, but they didn't have it local in this little burg and I wasn't waiting. ;)

Typical
Saddle-Valve T.jpg

"C" type
Saddle-Valve C.jpg

Fish

Last edited:

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Just stopped by the Vaporescense in FW. They are now punching their Carto's. Said they started doing it because of burrs tearing O rings and the other reasons mentioned. Maybe they read these forums?

Now however these are higher than the slots so you have to remove the tank to refill it and prime the Carto from the treaded end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread