Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Or maybe I'll get crazy and break out the AULD skewl tank. BEFORE there was delrin, and BEFORE there was boro, there was but one. :thumbs:

Ah, flashbacks. :wub:

How I miss the days, and the daze.

BB3-Orange_20200118_114758.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Or maybe I'll get crazy and break out the AULD skewl tank. BEFORE there was delrin, and BEFORE there was boro, there was but one. :thumbs:

Ah, flashbacks. :wub:

How I miss the days, and the daze.

View attachment 864313

I don't remember ever seeing that tank before, did DD make that? I would have bought a bunch of those, I always liked that ball valve thingy, but I want the clear face. :?:

KAS

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't remember ever seeing, that tank before, did DD make that? I would have bought a bunch of those, I always liked that ball valve thingy, but I want the clear face. :?:

KAS

They're the original tanks, KAS. Delrin was an upgrade that came about when the anodized BBs were released.

After a bit, he made the delrins standard issue, and stopped making the clear ones. They were nice but more prone to problems. Some were perfect, but many were not (some leakages).

In retrospect, the delrin stands alone as the one tank that is/was basically infallible. They pretty much run through everything, and even my stepdaughter couldn't kill it. :lol:

She can kill just about anything (vape related). :blink:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
They're the original tanks, KAS. Delrin was an upgrade that came about when the anodized BBs were released.

After a bit, he made the delrins standard issue, and stopped making the clear ones. They were nice but more prone to problems. Some were perfect, but many were not (some leakages).

In retrospect, the delrin stands alone as the one tank that is/was basically infallible. They pretty much run through everything, and even my stepdaughter couldn't kill it. :lol:

She can kill just about anything (vape related). :blink:

Okay, now I kind of remember that, it was before I got my first BB. :|

KAS

Reactions: DPLongo22

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Thankfully - I have both tanks and really never ha a huge problem . . . Well - other then a little dripple every now and then . . . :facepalm:

Now - I have a question, when the "Door" is stuck closed - How do Ya' get it open, especially without having to use a crowbar . . . :eek:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thankfully - I have both tanks and really never ha a huge problem . . . Well - other then a little dripple every now and then . . . :facepalm:

Now - I have a question, when the "Door" is stuck closed - How do Ya' get it open, especially without having to use a crowbar . . . :eek:

Is it a raw (OG) one, Unc, or anodized?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I believe it is one of the Anodize, given that it is a v3/3.b (not sure can't see inside) . . . AND - Actually, I haven't used it in a few months . . . :facepalm:

Yeah that can be a real pain, it has happened to me several times. Unfortunately I don't really remember how I got it open. I think I just kept pushing on the door with my thumbs, until it finally started to move. I did learn my lesson though, don't leave the box unused with juice in it. :oops:

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I believe it is one of the Anodize, given that it is a v3/3.b (not sure can't see inside) . . . AND - Actually, I haven't used it in a few months . . . :facepalm:

If you have any of that stuff that Kat uses, it might work. I have a roll of it if you need.

For both you and @kas122461 , once you get it open, I'd still recommend cleaning with alcohol and olive oil, just MUCH less frequently than is needed for the OGs. I used to do mine every three months or so (when in heavy use).

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yeah that can be a real pain, it has happened to me several times. Unfortunately I don't really remember how I got it open. I think I just kept pushing on the door with my thumbs, until it finally started to move. I did learn my lesson though, don't leave the box unused with juice in it. :oops:

KAS

:D THANKS - for the suggestion . . . Tried the thumb move a few times - NADA . . . AND - Thankfully, there is no e-liquid in the Boro Tank (Didn't think so, since I usually clean out tanks before I pit them away) . . . :thumbs:

If you have any of that stuff that Kat uses, it might work. I have a roll of it if you need.

:shock:"STUFF" ? ? ? ? :shock: "Kat" uses ? ? ? Not knowing exactly what "Stuff" Ya' mean actually is I think I'll pass . . . :shock:

@Katdarling . . . Do Ya' know @DPLongo22 is mentioning "Your" Stuff to people . . . Just sayin' . . . :eek:

I'd still recommend cleaning with alcohol and olive oil, just MUCH less frequently than is needed for the OGs. I used to do mine every three months or so (when in heavy use).

Didn't even think of doing that before I put it into "Storage" . . . "My" BAD . . . :facepalm:

Use to clean the BB every couple of months, should have lasted . . . Anyway, Once again - Live & Learn . . . :rolleyes:

:blink: OH - That "STUFF" . . . Already have more then enough, purchased back in the 80's to lined every one of the shelves in my kitchen cabinets/pantry at the time . . .AND - Although, a roll only cost a $1 at the dollar store - Guess Ya' should know I'm very thrifty by now - I took it with me every time I moved to line the shelves again in the new apartments, especially given it is Very Sturdy "Stuff" . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

One roll is about six generations' worth. ;)

Don't know about that, but like I said the few I have - have lasted over 40 years so far . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

My GRIPPY stuff!

Kan't live without it.

YEP . . . Even have a separate shelving unit that holds all the appliances (Coffee Maker, Toaster Oven, Toaster, Air Fryer, Insta-Pot) lined with the "Grippy" stuff so they don't move around too . . . :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Oh - And BTW: Little rubber bottle-cap opener worked . . . Got it open - v3.a . . . Guess it would be smart to take @DPLongo22 advice an give it a really good cleaning and conditioning now . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
give it a really good cleaning and conditioning now

Probably not a terrible idea, Unc.

When I store mine for long periods, I remove the door. I never actually thought it would seize up, but after my initial experience (less than two weeks from buying my very first BB), I don't want to take any chances.

And yes, I clean & condition first. Just like the hair I used to do in the shower.

Thankfully, I'm done with all that stuff now. I can't believe I put up with it (hair) for as long as I did.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm having an issue with a couple of SXK Boros. They appear to be leaking at the bottom of the gasket. I don't have this problem with the Boro that came with it. I could buy replacement gaskets but what's to guarantee that it's the gaskets and not a tolerance issue with the boxes?

ETA: Am I in the right thread? Is this OG BB only?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm having an issue with a couple of SXK Boros. They appear to be leaking at the bottom of the gasket. I don't have this problem with the Boro that came with it. I could buy replacement gaskets but what's to guarantee that it's the gaskets and not a tolerance issue with the boxes?

ETA: Am I in the right thread? Is this OG BB only?

Hey Muth. Yeah - you want over here >>>

SXK Billet box...

I'll say that a very recent experience (and my first with anything BB cloned) was "enlightening". I compared a neighbor's SXK to an authentic, and the differences were significant and many. I know they're only a third of the price but...

:|

That thread may have some valuable info though. There appears to be some heavy experience with the mods, so I hope it helps you out. :)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hey Muth. Yeah - you want over here >>>

SXK Billet box...

I'll say that a very recent experience (and my first with anything BB cloned) was "enlightening". I compared a neighbor's SXK to an authentic, and the differences were significant and many. I know they're only a third of the price but...

:|

That thread may have some valuable info though. There appears to be some heavy experience with the mods, so I hope it helps you out. :)
Hey thx. I have to mention though that some authentic BB users are saying that it's hard to tell the difference from the SXK and the OG. How is that? I find it hard to believe.

• Informative

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey thx. I have to mention though that some authentic BB users are saying that it's hard to tell the difference from the SXK and the OG. How is that? I find it hard to believe.

It was very easy for me to tell the difference, both in look and feel, and then even easier when I began checking tolerances (and the like).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I expected something very different (because I had seen the same as you just mentioned). Maybe this one's a dud, but...

(Not even close to similar, IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread