The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Jan 8, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngusATAT

AngusATAT Captain Tightpants Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2009
    GA, USA
    I knew it was a real longshot, but I figured I would ask. :)

2. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Sounds like fun but just a little bit far. I wished I lived down there now.

3. mamacat

mamacat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    WS, NC, USA
    Hrmmmm...... it is only a five hour drive for me. I might just see if I can make that one; however, (ahem) I am hoping to have mine by then. *coughs*

:D

4. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I know Monday sure is gettin closer!!! I cant wait much longer!!!!
    Drew

5. murf43143

murf43143 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    Savannah, Georgia
    Ahhhh can't wait any longer! Been following the Darwin for so long... So.. close.

6. mamacat

mamacat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    WS, NC, USA
    Woot! :banana:

7. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Is there a preorder list or just first come, first serve on the Darwin?

8. Sewknitty

Sewknitty Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    Will you keep taking orders for future shipping once you run out, Drew? The other digital read-out mod site does that. There's a warning that it's going to take x amount of time but they don't turn any money away. :)

Thing is, I don't mind waiting. What I mind is constantly having to go back to a site to check for availability that never seems to change. And, it won't change for the Darwin. It'll always be sold out. :laugh:

9. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The Darwin looks pretty nice indeed. I read thru this thread and am wondering if anyone knows what the ballpark price will be?

10. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    The Darwin price will be $229....I dont do pre-orders or waiting lists usually however I will be sending out a Newsletter late Sunday or Monday with a link to put a name on the list for the first batch....Then I hope to have them listed Wed. for sale.
    I will take no money for anything I dont have ion stock. The next wave will aproximately 2 weeks after the first run and will also be available to UK and Canada at that time, through our affiliate sites.
    If you havent bought from me in the past or signed up for the Newsletter please do so with the link below to assure your notification will be prompt.
    I will also be making all anouncements in my sub forums also. Thanks for your interest and patience.
    Drew

Newsletter Signup

11. Sewknitty

Sewknitty Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    Awesome, Drew! Thanks for the time line. That helps tremendously. I signed up at your site but haven't received any newsletters. Will sign up again.

My bad - never saw that form before! :laugh:

12. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks for the quick answer as usual Drew. I'm sure they will sell out pretty quickly.

13. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    I have the Provari and the ECLIPSE eq is in my sights too... these are the new generation of state of the art devices and i am doing all i can to support the evolution.... so will be on your newslist Drew.... thanks.
    Ukeman

14. AnglVapin

AnglVapin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Cajunland - Louisiana
    Hey Momacat!... Yep, I am still around and lurking even more than ever. Had a set back, so now back to the devices... So much out there, but I know I want one of these!

15. Drumonron

Drumonron Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    nice vid drew and nice product! "smart" PVs are here and coming fast as the next Evolution in vaping.

vape on!

any idea when the Darwin will be out?...gonna do some back reading and I'll probably find the answer so, excuse this post if it's been answered.

16. muttSRT

muttSRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Heres the screen with the ohms:
    [​IMG]

Heres a couple of the new button:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. progg

progg Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Nice pictures mutt. Why don't the watts show up correctly? 5.4 x 5.4 / 3.1 = 9.4 watts.

Ohm's Law Calculator

18. BigBopper

BigBopper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2010
    Minnesota
    I would venture to guess that the watts are showing up correctly, and it the volts or amps that are incorrect.

19. buGG

buGG Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2009
    brush²
    i don't believe darwin's immediate concern to be volts, well only as they relate to generating the desired watts, so it could be approaching the formula from the standpoint of current and resistance, amps (squared) X ohms, or P = I^2 x R....
    so [1.7A x 1.7A] x 3.1 =8.96, rounded up to the nearest tenth is 9.0 watts.

20. progg

progg Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks buGG. You calculated from another perspective, but at some point the equation should prove out, no? There is a decimal point at the watts value on the display screen so I don't think rounding is applicable.