Status
Not open for further replies.

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
hey, progg, i think it's doing what it's supposed to but there are numbers beyond the decimals, probably to the thousandths or more that the darwin could be operating with internally. the readout is only to the nearest tenth, so in my earlier example 8.96 became 9.0W, and it lists the resistance and current to the nearest tenth as well. it could have also been a straightforward I = P / E, so 9 Watts/ 3.1Ω = 1.7 Amps, but beyond the readout it could be an atty with a resistance of 3.099999Ω, desired wattage of 9.000001W, current of 1.6669A, and voltage of 5.36205V or any number of variations on the theme...all of which can give a different value, depending on how precise the measurements are. so on a small LCD readout like this, anything beyond a tenth of a decimal point is going to be cluttered...but, if the value is taken as an absolute, it definitely impacts the precision of any calculations based on the readout alone when you then go back and try to calculate for one value using a limited representation of another.

Last edited:

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
hey, progg, i think it's doing what it's supposed to but there are numbers beyond the decimals, probably to the thousandths or more that the darwin could be operating with internally. the readout is only to the nearest tenth, so in my earlier example 8.96 became 9.0W, and it lists the resistance and current to the nearest tenth as well. it could have also been a straightforward I = P / E, so 9 Watts/ 3.1Ω = 1.7 Amps, but beyond the readout it could be an atty with a resistance of 3.099999Ω, desired wattage of 9.000001W, current of 1.6669A, and voltage of 5.28205V or any number of variations on theme...all of which can give a different value, depending on how precise the measurements are. on a small LCD readout like this, anything beyond a tenth of a decimal point is going to be cluttered...though , if taken as an absolute value, it definitely impacts the precision of any calculations based on the readout alone when you then go back and try to calculate for one value using a limited representation of another.

Thanks for taking the time buGG. mutt answered my same question in the other thread-- said he was going to ask Brandon. Your explanation is likely the logical explanation.

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
the nhaler site says $239...is this a typo?

The $229.00 may have been the mfrp and doesn't include logistics, or is the price of the beta mod of the cig since the one on the evolv site is the older version.

Maybe this is what he was referring to?

The Darwin price will be $229....I dont do pre-orders or waiting lists usually however I will be sending out a Newsletter late Sunday or Monday with a link to put a name on the list for the first batch....Then I hope to have them listed Wed. for sale.
I will take no money for anything I dont have ion stock. The next wave will aproximately 2 weeks after the first run and will also be available to UK and Canada at that time, through our affiliate sites.
If you havent bought from me in the past or signed up for the Newsletter please do so with the link below to assure your notification will be prompt.
I will also be making all anouncements in my sub forums also. Thanks for your interest and patience.
Drew

Newsletter Signup

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Actually it was the biggest response Ive ever had from a Newsletter/Email...Of course I ve only been running them for a few months but it was pretty crazy...I had like 21 responses in about 5 minutes...
The news letters always generate some traffic but never really got that many email responses in such a short time...everyone that has responded so far is on the initial list...
I actually had a small partial list before the anouncement of some of my freinds and Nhaler Family Members that have been cult style stalking:blush: me for few weeks now!!!
Thanks everyone for your interest and patronage, I really apreciate it!!!
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread