The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Jan 8, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    start the new level of "smart" devices off with good QC policy... way to go.

(taps fingernails.... jk)

2. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Makes sense to me. Self medicating is the best way, just don't misplace that wax.

3. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I really apreciate everyone not typing out their first reactions or thoughts when they saw this news:censored:...Trust me I know what some of your first reactions might have been...Ironically it might be compared to someone getting a waxing8-o

Seriously though, I do apreciate everyones understanding. Thanks
    Drew

4. progg

progg Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    25 years ago or so -- a fifth of peppermint schnapps and misplaced waxed. I still have a reverse Mohawk.

5. Sewknitty

Sewknitty Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    NY
    No worries. As early adapters - and I'm sure I speak for all of us - we kinda expect these things. Works out for me anyway. I can concentrate more on laying in juice and attys. Y'know, matching ohms to voltage is something I can't wait to stop worrying about.

6. bssage

bssage Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2010
    Iowa
    I was lookin for additional pic's maybe some finish coatings ect. Any info or talk about that stuff?

7. ukeman

ukeman PV Masher Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    any tips on typical target setting for Watts?

I'm used to Voltage to Ohm adjustments, but not watts.

I'm sure this can be accomplished by just adjusting the watts to the atty by how it vapes best, then getting the hang of it for that particular atty.
    Is that enough to know to take advantage of the technology here?

8. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Im sorry I dont have any better pictures at the moment, but will have them up as soon as I recieve the units...It is hard coat anodized scratch resistant coating...
    I have been using mine between 8.6 to 10 watts for most attys and cartos althogh I have been testing ALL the settings...I can actually make this thing shoot vapor out of a carto at 12.7 watts (not recomended) but since Brandon told me it would do it, I was a little obsessed with showing people on Skype what it does...lol...Its like the first car you had that would burn rubber...Just couldnt help myself...
    The learning curve is all of 10 minutes with this thing...Its really THAT simple...
    Drew

9. BigBopper

BigBopper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2010
    Minnesota
  10. mamacat

mamacat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    WS, NC, USA
    Hehehe :wub:

11. lowboy

lowboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2010
    Middle of nowhere
    Watch close and saving pennies.
    Almost there. A week just gives me more time.

12. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Drew, what is the procedure and policy for repairs on the Darwin? Who is the unit returned to? What is the expected turn-around time?

And thanks for keeping us all informed. Much better know ahead of time.

13. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Eh, :censored: happens. It was nice of them and you to acknowledge there was a problem, take prompt steps to remedy it and keep customers in the loop. Can't ask for anything else, really.

14. lawnman3

lawnman3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    largo fl
    ditto clyde drew has allways been a great guy in my opp...

lawnman3...

15. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    As of right now it will be directly shipped to the Evolve for replacement or repair. As far as turn around time , I cant honestly say at this time... If I had to compare it to the service I have received from Evolv so far, I would say we wil be quite pleased. They have responded to all my requests almost imediately... And beleive me I have been stalking them...lol
    Drew

16. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

<hands Drew a bunch of razors...>

17. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully, this will be rare. Will the device come with a manual or trouble shooting guide? And will it need to be charged after receipt?

18. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes it does have a manual and hopefully we wont need a trouble shooting guide!!! It is a VERY simple device...I am thinking that they will be shipped at or above 40% but not positive really...Thanks,
    Drew

19. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey

LMAO...Too funny....
    Drew

20. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2010
    Texas
    Don't feel like you're alone....

While the tech stuff is interesting, it's like the water in my faucet. I don't care how the water gets here; I just want it when I turn the handle.....and I'm getting some great "water" with the Darwin. The consistency is astonishing