Status
Not open for further replies.
Pear 10%
Vanilla Swirl 4%
Spicy Biscuit 3%
Brown Sugar 2%
Sweetener 2%
Dragon fruit 1% (I love this stuff in my fruit mixes - don't know why as I cant tolerate it above 1% haha but gives the fruits a nice rounded sweetness - similar to sweet raspberry which I also use in fruits. Dragon fruit gives a different depth than raspberry though. Try mixing with one or the other depending on the profile you're after.)

You'll also notice I use several different types of "sweeteners" in my recipes - this is because i enjoy the complexity of them added to mixes. So many times I see sweetener just thrown into a recipes without regard. Example - such as having brown sugar, sweetener and dragon fruit...each adds something but they are all sweet. It's like layering vanilla flavors. I tend to experience a more satisfying mixture when I layer similar flavors.

If I want 8% vanilla as a total - I may use the vanilla bean 2%, vanilla bourbon 2%, vanilla swirl 4%...like that.

In this recipe I wanted 5% sweetener because I dont want to overpower the main flavor of Pear but to compliment Pear's sweet side - I figure use half of the total of Pear (in my head this sounds right LOL) so I add brown sugar 2%, sweetener 2% and dragon fruit 1%. Vanilla and Bicuit added for richness - used Spicy Biscuit because well - I was going for Spicy Pear Nectar!

Meh, I read what I wrote and I sound nuts! But sometimes I think its good for people to get a glimpse into WHY we make what we make and the reasoning behind the recipe. Then again, I could just be full of poo and throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks!

vape On and Mix Well!

I just added this to my "notes" file.. I like the way you think on this.. I haven't really tried the "balance" of different sweeteners like that.. and I have been working on an orange liquor vanilla bourbon cupcake for sometimes.. I am going to try multiple vanillas instead of just 2 .. I love when I read stuff and a light bulb goes off :) Thank you !!!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Pear 10%
Vanilla Swirl 4%
Spicy Biscuit 3%
Brown Sugar 2%
Sweetener 2%
Dragon fruit 1% (I love this stuff in my fruit mixes - don't know why as I cant tolerate it above 1% haha but gives the fruits a nice rounded sweetness - similar to sweet raspberry which I also use in fruits. Dragon fruit gives a different depth than raspberry though. Try mixing with one or the other depending on the profile you're after.)

You'll also notice I use several different types of "sweeteners" in my recipes - this is because i enjoy the complexity of them added to mixes. So many times I see sweetener just thrown into a recipes without regard. Example - such as having brown sugar, sweetener and dragon fruit...each adds something but they are all sweet. It's like layering vanilla flavors. I tend to experience a more satisfying mixture when I layer similar flavors.

If I want 8% vanilla as a total - I may use the vanilla bean 2%, vanilla bourbon 2%, vanilla swirl 4%...like that.

In this recipe I wanted 5% sweetener because I dont want to overpower the main flavor of Pear but to compliment Pear's sweet side - I figure use half of the total of Pear (in my head this sounds right LOL) so I add brown sugar 2%, sweetener 2% and dragon fruit 1%. Vanilla and Bicuit added for richness - used Spicy Biscuit because well - I was going for Spicy Pear Nectar!

Meh, I read what I wrote and I sound nuts! But sometimes I think its good for people to get a glimpse into WHY we make what we make and the reasoning behind the recipe. Then again, I could just be full of poo and throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks!

Vape On and Mix Well!
You make perfect sense. I like hearing the why's. They explain all the what's.
What is the spicy biscuit like?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have two or three more flavors that I got on my last order or two that I haven't tried yet. One is dairy milk and I think another is malted milk. I need to do a taste test to see where these can be used. I don't even remember why I ordered them.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I have two or three more flavors that I got on my last order or two that I haven't tried yet. One is dairy milk and I think another is malted milk. I need to do a taste test to see where these can be used. I don't even remember why I ordered them.
    The dairy milk works great in cereal type juices,and it also mixes well into yogurt type juices,i use it in both,it adds that milky taste to the cereal stuff,and seems to make the yogurts just a bit more creamy.

JD1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    ......... It's like layering vanilla flavors. I tend to experience a more satisfying mixture when I layer similar flavors.

If I want 8% vanilla as a total - I may use the vanilla bean 2%, vanilla bourbon 2%, vanilla swirl 4%...like that. ......

If I remember right, I first ran across the idea of layering vanillas from LoveVanilla way back in this thread somewhere. My current favorite combo is swirl, bean and vanillin. I'm thinking I'll pick up some vanilla bourbon on my next order. :vapor:

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    The Flavoring Chart that I use is on the Dropbox. My signature line has the link for the dropbox. Works easy peasy! Good luck! :toast: :D

:thumb: :vapor:

But when you use Tapatalk one doesn't see your signature:

4260323fd32d4189a46a037cb9c24620.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The dairy milk works great in cereal type juices,and it also mixes well into yogurt type juices,i use it in both,it adds that milky taste to the cereal stuff,and seems to make the yogurts just a bit more creamy.

Thanks for the advice. A while back I was working on a raspberry yogurt but never got it quite to the point I wanted. I might have to try the dairy milk in it.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 16, 2013
    BTW - I forgot one of my tweaks for banana mixes I'm working on - adding Pear. Gives a very smooth feel and adds another layer of sweetness.

Current concoction is 3% Pear added to a Banana Nut Bread (using - Banana Nut Bread-TFA ) - this is a 2 flavoring mix I'm working out. Tasty shake and vape but smooths past 5 days - 10 hours open to air after a hot bath. This is becoming one of hubs favs.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I just got a 10ml of the pear a while back and used it a couple times and haven't touched it since. I'm not sure why. I haven't been using any of my fruit flavors except strawberry. I did try some grape juice in a mix a week or so ago but it was horrible.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I just got a 10ml of the pear a while back and used it a couple times and haven't touched it since. I'm not sure why. I haven't been using any of my fruit flavors except strawberry. I did try some grape juice in a mix a week or so ago but it was horrible.

I have tried both TFA's Grape and Flavor Arts, and while I did not hate them. I just could not get the flavor that I wanted from them, I really just want something that tastes like welch's grape juice.

KAS

artv61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2013
    SC,USA
    I have tried both TFA's Grape and Flavor Arts, and while I did not hate them. I just could not get the flavor that I wanted from them, I really just want something that tastes like welch's grape juice.

KAS
    Have you tried using the both together and a little sweetener ?

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Have you tried using the both together and a little sweetener ?

Yep that is what I was trying, tried 3 different versions, I just could not get that big bold in your face flavor I was wanting. I then just gave up on it for a while. I hope to be able to order some different brands soon, that I have never tried before. I have mostly just been using TFA, and FA, I have a few from flavor west and capella, but not much else.

KAS

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    I have found that grape has to be mixed strawberry to both enhance the correct flavoring and reduce the chemical/floral notes in the grape. After mixing, and adding common secondary and supporting flavorings, it works like a charm. I have several grape recipes using these combos. Grape works best with strawberry, imho, but raspberry also works to cut the chemical/floral notes and provides a slightly different grape. Good luck! :toast: :D

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I have found that grape has to be mixed strawberry to both enhance the correct flavoring and reduce the chemical/floral notes in the grape. After mixing, and adding common secondary and supporting flavorings, it works like a charm. I have several grape recipes using these combos. Grape works best with strawberry, imho, but raspberry also works to cut the chemical/floral notes and provides a slightly different grape. Good luck! :toast: :D

Thanks, I will try it the next time I get into it again, I have not really been in the mood to play around with mixing lately. I have just been mixing a few ADV's and that is it.

KAS

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks Bill. It wouldn't have occurred to me to add strawberry to a grape mix. I've been in a bit of a rut myself. It's been strawberry cheesecake, famous cheesecake, and LMP. For some time now.

psyc63

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 14, 2014
    NewYork
    Im still in search of a cafe mocha recipe i have tried Bills and its not to my taste. a little to strong for me and dark.

I am looking to do this
    Caramel Cappuccino (TFA) 4%
    Cocoa (FA) 8%
    Chocolate (FA) 2%
    Hazelnut (FA) .5%

It says to add sweetener to taste, What sweetener should i use ex... sweetner, cotton candy, vanilla swirl, bavarian cream.... looking for suggestions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread