The future of vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
OK, don't worry... all that will change… when you get to the point where you vape because you like it, not because you want to replace cigarettes.
The only way I will love vaping is when its close as possible to an actual cigarette. :p I am looking for a straight replacement thats just less harmful.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Heres an open discussion :). Simple question.

Where do you see vaping going in 10yrs?

My take on this is that its actually surprising that none of the really big analog brands (with exception to newport?) have actually come out with their own branded vaping alternatives. Kinda strange when you think of it. However, with how mainstream it seems to be becoming, I expect to start seeing more and more commercials of vapers on tv (the blu commercial got me looking into vaping and ultimately led me to buying an eGo kit) and in a few years time, I dare say we would probably see more e-cigs than analog cigs generally. I think a turning point will be when there is actually a standardized battery system in the form factor of the analog look alike cigs, then everyone can have their batteries and just walk into a gas station or convenience store and pick up a pack of cartos from their trusted brand.

So as it stands, the mostly proprietary nature of the medium is doing more harm than good for its growth. I believe at some point, vaper manufacturers will/should come together and make certain standards. Standards that will ensure cross compatibility.

Imagine buying a blu/apollo/green smoke kit which will be nothing but a PCC case with two batteries and a pack of sample cartomizers. Then when you run out, you can simply walk into a store and buy a pack of flavored cartomizers from Marlboro/camel/newport/salem....etc and just screw those onto your batteries.
Actually, big tobacco has announced its interest in alternatives to smoking. Lorillard bought BLUE as well as interest in other e-cigarette companies. Reynolds is already selling e-cigarettes and another company to look out for is White Cloud. I believe the future of vaping is going to be ran by ........ big tobacco. After they get the government to successfully demolish vaping as we all currently love, they will enter the game themselves, fully.

My vision of the future is much like yours. In 10 years you will be able to go get a pack of Marlboros (cartridges) from your gas station at the same rates as analog cigarettes (or even more). They can, once again, sell their products online and even advertise as they did in the days of the Marlboro man and Joe Camel. This, in the long run, will be good for risk reduction (more market penetration) but horrible for those of us who remember the "good ole' days" of vaping. I can see it now: "I remember back when I used to actually mix my own juices and we had to wind our own heating elements by hand".

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
The only way I will love vaping is when its close as possible to an actual cigarette. :p I am looking for a straight replacement thats just less harmful.

Right, like I said...

Don't worry, that will change... well it will when you realize cig-a-likes don't work very well.

Sent from the ether using the power of my mind... and the Tapatalk app.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
Right, like I said...

Don't worry, that will change... well it will when you realize cig-a-likes don't work very well.
True they havent worked well up until now. The Njoy Kings are getting really positive feedback, besides their price. Once they make a rechargeable version (or drop the price of the disposables), I'll have exactly what I'm looking for I believe.

tomhh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Germany
True they havent worked well up until now. The Njoy Kings are getting really positive feedback, besides their price. Once they make a rechargeable version (or drop the price of the disposables), I'll have exactly what I'm looking for I believe.

good for you! i really mean it.

the only thing i dont get is: how is it that you seem to think that this is what most people want? personally i dont think thats the case, but i really dont know.

how do you think you know what most people really want? if you did, you probably had one of the best paid jobs in the history of marketing...

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
how do you think you know what most people really want? if you did, you probably had one of the best paid jobs in the history of marketing...

I'm not saying I know exactly what they want, but I know what they pretty much don't want. They don't want to stand out and would prefer a device that's light and compact.

Most smokers love the act of smoking, they dont want to quit apart from health/costs reasons. Its not outlandish to hear that they want a device that is as close to what they have been using their whole lives.

Just by speaking to everyday smokers. They are all turned off by larger devices or ones that don't look similar to a cigarette. Some care about the color of the light not being orange.

Some want it exactly like a cigarette where others are not as fussy but atleast want the cigarette form factor.

Devices like the Halo G6 is something they wouldn't mind using at home but the amount of times Ive heard them say that they would still smoke real cigs when they go out.

So even the Halo G6 is too large/different looking for them but it does take spark their interest.

Ive spoken to everyone from alcoholics (ok just one lol), weed smokers and straight people, they all are image conscious to some extent. None of them would be caught dead in public using the larger devices and I don't blame them....I couldn't do it either.

Last edited:

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
haha , im not nit picking here , but please can you tell me what the correlation between vaping a straight people is?

are you trying to say homosexuals are more likely to use a larger mod and straights only want a little toy in their hands or what ? failing to grasp the correlation.

not being a troll . just really stood out to me that sexuality comes into the equation of vaping.

tomhh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Germany
even if the cigalikes would improve drastically, i personally would never even consider using them. i have many reasons for that, but thats not the point.

just think about how much the mods/pvs would be able to improve if even the tiny ones can! and thats where i see the future of vaping, hopefully. not the mods getting bigger and bigger, but keeping a reasonable appearance, like gg or provari today and improving on technical details.

i just hope that regulations are not going too far in regards to the availability of nicotine. everything else we need will always be available, so thats really the only part that might be in danger.

the mods/pv's will always be superior in performance to the ciglikes, but i think both will and should be available. so everyone can have the vaping experience of his/her choice.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
haha , im not nit picking here , but please can you tell me what the correlation between vaping a straight people is?

are you trying to say homosexuals are more likely to use a larger mod and straights only want a little toy in their hands or what ? failing to grasp the correlation.

not being a troll . just really stood out to me that sexuality comes into the equation of vaping.

LOL in Australia straight just means someone who is not under the influence or doesn't commonly use of alcohol/drugs, nothing about sexuality.

jpcosta

Oct 25, 2012
Poland
I do get what erncig means and I don't think no one in this forum should get offended.
The truth is that for most of us vaping became a hobby and mods just became natural, but they are not pratical. If it was possible to have the same flavour and taste experience you have with a mod using a smaller device, even at the cost of battery life and capacity, it would be way way easier to commercialize!
Isn't the main reason everyone advises to stay away from the smaller e-cigs because you just can't get the same flavor/vapour/taste?

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm not saying I know exactly what they want, but I know what they pretty much don't want. They don't want to stand out and would prefer a device that's light and compact.

Most smokers love the act of smoking, they dont want to quit apart from health/costs reasons. Its not outlandish to hear that they want a device that is as close to what they have been using their whole lives.

Just by speaking to everyday smokers. They are all turned off by larger devices or ones that don't look similar to a cigarette. Some care about the color of the light not being orange.

Some want it exactly like a cigarette where others are not as fussy but atleast want the cigarette form factor.

Devices like the Halo G6 is something they wouldn't mind using at home but the amount of times Ive heard them say that they would still smoke real cigs when they go out.

So even the Halo G6 is too large/different looking for them but it does take spark their interest.

Ive spoken to everyone from alcoholics (ok just one lol), weed smokers and straight people, they all are image conscious to some extent. None of them would be caught dead in public using the larger devices and I don't blame them....I couldn't do it either.

I don't know much about where you live, but in the States it is a bit different. I am over 50 years old, a conservative woman, I started with a gas station brand cig a like, then another brand and another, none offered me what I needed. I went online in search of a better experience and found V2, I purchased a kit. I had a choice of three battery sizes. I chose the longest, certainly longer than any traditional cigarette. Longer than 120's with the cart attached. I got them they helped me cut down from 3 PAD to about 1/2 PAD but I still couldn't quit.
I found this wonderful forum, researched for 3 weeks before I ever posted a word. I read all of the newbie threads, the stickies everything! I then bought 10 different batteries.510 threaded, 808 threaded, egos and VV's. All different kinds, I meant to quit for good. I spent whatever I needed to and most importantly, I didn't give a hoot what size the final battery or delivery system was just that it would work.
Please don't assume that you know what everyone wants. Everyone here either wants to quit smoking, cut down , or just to have a substitute for those times they can't smoke. Even those you ask if they are young, might just feel pressured into agreeing with you that size matters. It doesn't, at least not for this! (guess I'm not that conservative) Anyway, I understand wanting to fit in, but if you smoked for 30 plus years and were dying, you would use any method you could find to quit and not worry what others thought of you or what the item looked like. This is going to help keep me alive longer and if it looks like a chimney with a barrel and it needs wheels for it to go with me, I'm going to use it and maybe make it pretty pink and purple, add some bling and call it a day. That's my .02.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
by the way here is your product.Joyetech eRoll Starter Kits
This is what you are looking for, best available small form factor at this time.
Has a very short battery life but is supposed to deliver the vapor. see reviews on you tube and do a search here for others experience.

As for 10 years from now, there will be better equipment and all of us will suffer the government interference. The biggest concern in big tobacco companies get involved is they will add the sneaky chemicals once again to keep us hooked.
We on the forum will find another way, that's what we'll do. My mentors on this forum have been around a long time, they understand this industry. My advise is to do as Zapped said, read, read and then read again.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
I don't know much about where you live, but in the States it is a bit different. I am over 50 years old, a conservative woman.

2 points...

Everyone Ive spoken to has been in their 20's apart from one guy who is 30 so a relatively young crowd. Perhaps people older don't care as much but what they look like or what others think? I don't know.

Secondly I understand mini ecigs have been disappointing so far and many feel they need to upgrade. But most did begin with a small ecigs because that's what they truly wanted. They only upgraded because they were not happy with the smaller ones. Maybe you guys are happy with big devices but that was usually AFTER trying the small ones.

I can't see ecigs taking off in a big way until we have great performing mini ecigs. When the mini ecigs sold in gas stations impress people then the movement will take off IMO.

Last edited:

Aceman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Houston

Lol now that you mention it i have noticed ONLY Positive provari reviews by homosexuals...

I really hope it doesn't change too much in ten years. Ecigs will probably be waaaaaay more mainstream though but I still can't decide if thats good or bad.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
That's exactly what I meant, when you are as young as you are, you have a need to fit in, I get that. When you are my age that isn't important. So, your demographic of people that smoke is relatively much smaller than mine. Add to that the difference in the number of people that would perhaps not give an opinion that is true, and perhaps the statistics of those you think would prefer the cig a like look over something larger is a little off. Standard deviation for your mini poll could be off. Just a thought.
By the way the only time I use my long cig a likes anymore is when I need to drive to the doctor, I can hold them between my teeth, otherwise they are not used. I use my ego twists or ego c which really isn't huge. I also have been looking at larger mods, they have my interest strictly for the technology, even at my age. Of course I will look for a silly girly color.
2 points...

Everyone Ive spoken to has been in their 20's apart from one guy who is 30 so a relatively young crowd. Perhaps people older don't care as much but what they look like or what others think? I don't know.

Secondly I understand mini ecigs have been disappointing so far and many feel they need to upgrade. But most did begin with a small ecigs because that's what they truly wanted. They only upgraded because they were not happy with the smaller ones.

I can't see ecigs taking off in a big way until we have great performing mini ecigs. When the mini ecigs sold in gas stations impress people then the movement will take off IMO.

tomhh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Germany
(...)
Secondly I understand mini ecigs have been disappointing so far and many feel they need to upgrade. But most did begin with a small ecigs because that's what they truly wanted. They only upgraded because they were not happy with the smaller ones. Maybe you guys are happy with big devices but that was usually AFTER trying the small ones.
(...)

i dont think thats the case. people didnt start with minis because thats what they really want, but because thats what gets advertised and what is readily available at gas stations etc. they are the ones you can easily get without getting involved on the internet.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I know that you think the big companies will help with equipment, do you trust them with the delivery of safe juice to vape. My experience tells me no way. Otherwise you would be correct, lets face it they have the money behind them to bring us better quality equipment, I just never want to smoke anything they have to offer again.

Karen N Daytona, you just hit the spot! You kept searching for a mod that gave you the experience you were looking for, regardless of the size. What I believe the big companies are trying to do is give you that same experience in a small mod. There's nothing wrong with that IMHO, and will probably make vaping much more popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread