• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I thought the only battery the JB took was a 18650??

That's correct, but as mentioned above the 18650 is available in different "mAh" ratings, or "milli-amp hour". Here's a loose analogy I grabbed from a quick Google:

The milli-amp hour is the standard unit of storage capacity for a cell.
It is similar to "gallons of fuel" for an internal combustion engine. The milli-amp hour rating of a cell tells how many constant milli-amps of current can be supplied by the pack for one hour. This rating can be used to find the duration that a battery pack can provide given a certain draw.
Because cells are wired in series, the milli-amp hour rating of a pack is the same as the milli-amp hour rating of a single cell.

the battery used with it is the 18650 that is the model #
the 2400 2500 2600 3000mah is just storage capacity.
But current Tests on those batteries show the 2600 is at average to be best.
all though it always depends on the batch of batteries.

Some protective 18650 is a little longer due to the design the manufacture chose. & most are common sized.

Before I ordered batteries I read reviews of a few brands and mah & feel the 2600 would be best. from 1amp to 5amp draws.

Although each test showed differently on how they would work.
the 3000mah is about twice the price as the 2600 depending brand/time of ordering

The above is my personal researching.

& For note.. Great Job Carlos.. & Keep the great work up.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Ok peoples...I started a PV addicts group...get your hineys over there...its in the social group thingys.

I'll holler at Carlos this week and see what the update is...I usually have to catch him early in the mornings...so i'll see what i can find out.

You all are right..he was having trouble getting the boxes..and i know a few people were scrambling around to find them and ship them to him.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Thanks EVERYBODY for the battery answers.....Im sure if I look I could find the best supplier....any suggestions??

From earlier posts...

Not the cheapest (if you're worried about 3 or 4 bucks) but...

BatteryJunction
and
MadVapes LLC

are both great suppliers with fast shipping.

Also High Tech DealZ, Simplifying the LASER Hobby! had some last time I looked He has free ship and code hellenecf10 for 10% off, good prices when he has em in stock
RIMP

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
I ordered 2 extra with mine. I would assume that it's going to come with at least the one in it.
If you ordered 2 (for $3.00 each, I think) off the website, then I believe you're actually going to get six extra. I believe the extra bottles he sells on porphy's website are actually in sets of 3. I could be wrong though.

Edit: just checked the site. Discription of bottles reads: "Three 10ml bottles with dropper and cap that are usable in the Juice Box Mod by Carlos."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread