Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Now THAT's a thread resurrection :D

yeah Clyde my CJB is still kicking.. I still use it on the occasion, not so often now... but since it had some special graphic customizations that were gifted by my friend TrueLove I will never part with it.. even if it stays on my display untouched :D

LGD

Side: thanks for posting here... I wasn't sure if you were another clyde#### since I primarily recognize you by your original avatar :D

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I still have mine and never even got the atomizer broken in. Took it all the way down to 0 mg nic and it still kicked me in the throat. LOL

Maybe that's the problem...was using it the other day, and I just didn't feel the love. Seems I had to boost it up to 6v to even get a decent vape out of it. My current mod may be spoiling me. Sent a email to carlos seeing if he could tweak or retrofit my mod, but no response back yet.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I am hoping one day to break it in. I'll keep mine forever.
It was supposed to be custom graphics and when I got it-nope nadda-just the sparkly black speckled paint job. I didn't mind though and never said a word. It is a first of its kind and has a special place in my arsenal. One day, I'll be one of the few that can say, "I have a CJB and it is in like new condition and the atomizer will still kick you in the throat!" LOL
I waited a long time for the CJB and there is no way on earth I would ever get rid of it.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I never got mine (with custom graphic) working to my satisfaction. After several weeks of toying with it, it has been collecting dust (figuratively). I bought it when I was truly wet behind the ears as a vaper, back in the beginning of 2010.
I put it up on ECF classifieds not too long ago, got several inquiries, but not one was willing to pay my asking price. I'd rather keep it for memorabilia than give it away.
Maybe when I've got the experience under my belt I'll give it another try.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Dang, NCC it's coming up on a year for you. How much more experience do you need?

I'm needing to go to 6v to get a decent vape on it. I don't want to blow a custom atty by using it in a way not recommended by its maker, especially if I can't get it replaced.

No response from carlos via email yet. He was continuing to tweak the design since I got mine back, I'm hopeful that he may have solved the flooding issue.

And the problem with the CJB is that there have been a lot of great mods that have followed it. It's difficult almost to the point of being painful of messing with it's issues after you've tried a more dependable mod.

I was thinking of donating this to someone due to it's rugged atomizer, but I'm afraid I'll condemn them to a lifetime of smoking if I do.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Dang, NCC it's coming up on a year for you. How much more experience do you need?
Maybe there is actually something wrong with it. Either that or I was just that clueless when I got it. I haven't messed with it in ages ... I just got really frustrated, not getting satisfaction after waiting for so long to get it, and having paid what seemed like a lot of money to me.
At that time my primary PV was the KR808D-1, at a third the price it was giving me greater vaping satisfaction. :(
My latest baby is the Precise 18650. Lovin' it so far! :)

Uh, do I go from Ultra to Vet next month?

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I cant wait to see the advancements in 3rd gen mods with my new baby being built (Ali'i). Its been a year since I joined ECF but I took the summer off of PV's and ventured into the world of snus but im back now!!

No one is making custom CJB style atty's are they? Im curious if ol Carlos gets back to Clyde....doubt it. He never got back to any of my last few emails a few months back. Too bad, I wanted to see that design perfected

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I cant wait to see the advancements in 3rd gen mods with my new baby being built (Ali'i). Its been a year since I joined ECF but I took the summer off of PV's and ventured into the world of snus but im back now!!

No one is making custom CJB style atty's are they? Im curious if ol Carlos gets back to Clyde....doubt it. He never got back to any of my last few emails a few months back. Too bad, I wanted to see that design perfected

Must not be in the good list-he sent me a part I needed.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
I'm still holding some hope....I seem to remember he was still tweaking the design last I heard. Crap, I would pay him if he could get it working properly.

I suppose if nothing else I could find an 801 drip tip and use it as a dripper.

If he could mate his atty with a 801 or standard connection, it would make a pretty darned good dripping atty. The problem with mine has always been flooding...it could literally make a room full of vape with one or two drops when working correctly.

Suppose I'm on the bad list, too.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Must not be in the good list-he sent me a part I needed.

How long ago was this?

He did fix 1 of my 2 boxes that broke no problem (a month or 2 after the majority went out) but the last few emails after the dust settled were left without a response. And its not like he's can pop in here anymore and talk to people and im sure he got enough ...... off people emailing him that his inbox got ignored. Its not like I have a box that needs fixed or anything im just curious. Anyone know if he's been posting on the other forums?

Clyde - when/what was the last you've heard about him?

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I'm still holding some hope....I seem to remember he was still tweaking the design last I heard. Crap, I would pay him if he could get it working properly.

I suppose if nothing else I could find an 801 drip tip and use it as a dripper.

If he could mate his atty with a 801 or standard connection, it would make a pretty darned good dripping atty. The problem with mine has always been flooding...it could literally make a room full of vape with one or two drops when working correctly.

Suppose I'm on the bad list, too.
You never know-he may be planning a comeback with an improved version of the JB. He does have that unique atty.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I bet Carlos could make a decent comeback, too!
The workings of the JB were as specified and he said it would kick ya-LOL.
Would be interesting to see what else he has done with his time. I do hope all worked out for him in the long run. If I remember correctly he was having some health and work issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread