Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Hope all's going well for him. I've been messing with another mod, and Redeyedancer came up with a devilishly simple solution to the problem of PG and other thin juices self feeding and flooding his mod...he includes a smaller tube that you insert inside of the inlet tube in the bottle. I'm wondering if something like that could have cured the flooding issues I had with my CJB.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hope all's going well for him. I've been messing with another mod, and Redeyedancer came up with a devilishly simple solution to the problem of PG and other thin juices self feeding and flooding his mod...he includes a smaller tube that you insert inside of the inlet tube in the bottle. I'm wondering if something like that could have cured the flooding issues I had with my CJB.

You know I saw that too... and can't believe I didn't think about trying that with my CJB... I just got so use to vaping the way I do I never really paid too much attention to it.

Well I tried it earlier today, good thing I have a bunch of tubing (and other junk) in my drawer, it seems to allow me more flexibility on 'juicing' it.

I have to say that's a neat trick...

LGD

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
It's just so simple of a solution. Did it work on your CJB? And if so, where would you get the tubing?

It's funny how knowledge, tips and tricks have come on PV's. Such as using noalox on certain key parts of a mod.

Yes it seems to work better... I'm not sure if my 'technique' is in play as well. I mean I got the hang of how to use it as is.. so flooding in general wasn't really an issue for me after a while.

I can say after trying to use it ''haphazardly" with the added tube it seemed to flood less.

I get my tubes from work.. mostly medical tubing used for testing equipment... I used a series of tubes to make the tube hole small enough...

If the original tube was small enough I would imagine using the insulation of a gutted wire would be perfect

Edit: Honestly I haven't spent time testing it too much yet since my battery started to die.. and I have other set-ups that I prefer using...

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well for the most part I went back to "basics" I tend to lean towards the EgoMega atties.. on my devices... and drip.. since the huge bridge holds more drops it is enough to satisfy one vape session (almost 10 hits, 5 @ higher voltages)... But if I was to pick a "love of my life" it would be my modded driptip with an "IIB" (integrated inverted bottle (3mL ) which I may share with the public once I have time to 'pretty it up' a bit ;)

LGD

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I still have a few more weeks wait on my Ali'i....seems to be a winter tradition now to be waiting for a bottom feeding box mod :)

so far tho since my return to PV's im not loving the 510 atty too much anymore , i debridged a 901 that hits like a freaking monster thats not bad but i killed the 2nd one trying to take the bridge out. the 306 aint bad im not sure how i feel about it yet. cartos never did it for me. i have to try the mini 801's ive been hearing about....nothing even comes close to cjb atty flavor and hit tho...

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I think it's the best made of all the wood bottom feeders, I have quite a few mods Clyde, this one is hard to beat. Not only beautiful and well made, it has delivered the best vaping experience for me so far.

Good to hear it, been hearing some good stuff about that mod. When I tried the very first generation of Reo Woodys, he hadn't quite got his technique perfected, so there's a part of me that's a little gun shy about them. (Even though I've tried Sterno's since then.) Call it an occupational hazard of being an early adopter.

But I'm just spectacularly happy about the Reo Grand. I'm keeping up with a couple of 4th gen mods about to released, but I'm just not really excited about anything coming out.

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
I agree with jesse, at 3.7v the phidias is the king. delivers a world class vape that no other mod has been able to reproduce. I love my grand (before it was stolen) and my wood reo. But everyother mod is pretty comparable, vape wise at 3.7v with the same atty and juice. Put it on the phidias and instant difference. Cant explain it and everyone who uses one says the same thing, it just runs hotter if that is the right term.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
I received my Ali'i last week-it is some gorgeous wood he has going on. VV and has hit each and every time. Back to the scheduled programming and welcome back JD!!!!

Welcome back JD. It is too bad Ryan isn't accepting orders for the time being HzG8rGrl. Also sad, that this big honking smokestack of a mod (CJB) is pretty much extinct. I remember watching a vid review of it a ways back with a guy all tuxedo'd out telling everybody that this is THE mod.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Well for the most part I went back to "basics" I tend to lean towards the EgoMega atties.. on my devices... and drip.. since the huge bridge holds more drops it is enough to satisfy one vape session (almost 10 hits, 5 @ higher voltages)... But if I was to pick a "love of my life" it would be my modded driptip with an "IIB" (integrated inverted bottle (3mL ) which I may share with the public once I have time to 'pretty it up' a bit ;)

LGD

I wanna see the 'UGLY' version!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread