Status
Not open for further replies.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
JollyRogers... my appologies it was never my intention to insult anyone serving our country and I agree that I also like my CJB and I have since ordered another one.

Saveyourpaper... it's obvious that you do not know how to use it or have not tried to get it repaired if it's not working typical reply when something is not understood
Opposite. I have used it , know how to use it, and it doesn't need to be repaired. It's simply an inferior system. I'm not going to drop any names because I'm not a shill but to defend this product as a top of the line or even adequate for the money is doing a disservice to the e-cig community. I don't care if you have to lie to yourselves in order to justify the purchase but to do it on a forum is another thing.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Opposite. I have used it , know how to use it, and it doesn't need to be repaired. It's simply an inferior system. I'm not going to drop any names because I'm not a shill but to defend this product as a top of the line or even adequate for the money is doing a disservice to the e-cig community. I don't care if you have to lie to yourselves in order to justify the purchase but to do it on a forum is another thing.

Excellent point and well put. It is my belief that the forums for the E-cig community are definitely here to inform the masses and I concur with your sentiment on the JB. I shared somewhat the same experience.

I would agree with others in the fact that, it's great the CJB came out in order to spur future developments in the AFS ecig category.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Excellent point and well put. It is my belief that the forums for the E-cig community are definitely here to inform the masses and I concur with your sentiment on the JB. I shared somewhat the same experience.

I would agree with others in the fact that, it's great the CJB came out in order to spur future developments in the AFS Ecig category.

I call them 3rd generation, or 3rd gen, mods:

1st gen: original e cigs. 801, 901, super ecig, 501, etc.

2nd gen: big battery mods. screwdriver, chuck, silver bullet, GGTS, etc.

3rd gen: GG Automatic Feed System, Carlos Juice Box, Reo Wooden Box, Mr. Puffer, etc.

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Both of my JB's are back from repair and working wonders. 3 days after I got them back I had one in the console of my car and the armrest somehow held the button down for 5min or so. I started smelling something burning. After cursing at my girl (i thought she threw a analog out the window and it was in the back seat burning something) I realized it was the JB. It was super hot and smelled like burnt plastic. Nothing was melted so I let it cool down, rinsed out the atty with warm water, and dripped some juice. After a half of a day of kinda bad flavor its completely back to normal. I'm amazed that after 5+ continuous minutes of being on it didn't blow. It still works like a champ. There is no atty that even comes close to this bad boy!

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Well, my GGTS-AFS prototypes, the Grandes, are acting up with juice leaks. They're starting to drive me nuts.

Until the issues are resolved, the CJB is coming out of retirement, albeit with a 6ml juice bottle stolen from a Reo. (Which should have been included in the first place, IMHO.)

The great irony is that the CJB, which I initially trashed as unreliable and cantankerous, has become a trusted-if secondary-vape, while my formerly bulletproof GG's are acting up-or at least my prototype AVS's.

With it's ability to use every last bit of current out of an 18650 and its juice bottle easily lasting a full day, the CJB may well be the best choice for an out and about traveling machine; if only there was a way to keep the 801 mouthpiece from jumping out of the tubing and escaping when you're not watching it.

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Well, my GGTS-AFS prototypes, the Grandes, are acting up with juice leaks. They're starting to drive me nuts.

Until the issues are resolved, the CJB is coming out of retirement, albeit with a 6ml juice bottle stolen from a Reo. (Which should have been included in the first place, IMHO.)

The great irony is that the CJB, which I initially trashed as unreliable and cantankerous, has become a trusted-if secondary-vape, while my formerly bulletproof GG's are acting up-or at least my prototype AVS's.

With it's ability to use every last bit of current out of an 18650 and its juice bottle easily lasting a full day, the CJB may well be the best choice for an out and about traveling machine; if only there was a way to keep the 801 mouthpiece from jumping out of the tubing and escaping when you're not watching it.

I've had GG and AFS reliability issues too and totally agree with the final irony of the CJB. JUST WISH I HAD ANOTHER AS BACK-UP!!

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
:2cool::2cool::2cool:hello clyde .. i enjoy my reo more each day i say if your done with the dripping ... then you need the reo .. mine is just fabulous works every time i push the button .. i am so glad i purchaced the reo .. the ggts and v2 afs not so much imho it just was a pain in the you know .. thank you for the reo review clyde its a flawless work of art for me ...lawnman3:vapor::vapor::vapor:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
By the way, CJB did very well yesterday. Very nice flavor on the vanilla loaned to me from Sterno. Hmmm, tasty. This thing really brings out the taste in certain flavors of e juice.

Got through most of the day on a single 18650 battery. Auh maze ing.

And the CJB's NOT putting out a ton of visible vape at 3.7v was very much a pro for me instead of a con. I didn't want to be thrown out of my mother's assisted living center due to a fog machine of a vape.

Again, the downside was the pesky 801 tip coming out when taking it in or out of a pocket. It's a relatively minor quibble, but this does detract from this being the ultimate traveling rig. God, I wish it had a holder, didn't stick out at an angle, or could be superglued in the tubing. My solution was to pull out the tip and stick it in a cargo pocket with a spare every time I pocket the mod.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
:2cool::2cool::2cool:hello clyde .. i enjoy my reo more each day i say if your done with the dripping ... then you need the reo .. mine is just fabulous works every time i push the button .. i am so glad i purchaced the reo .. the ggts and v2 afs not so much imho it just was a pain in the you know .. thank you for the reo review clyde its a flawless work of art for me ...lawnman3:vapor::vapor::vapor:

It wasn't called the Reo when I first starting using it, tee hee.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go back and try the Reo again, LM3. I've been going back and revisiting my other juicers while taking GG vacations, and it's about Reo's turn.

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
yes the reo thats what i said reo not kaji not gg its the one .. that i use because it simply works for me oh with a LR 510 ATTY its the one imho that is no pun intended on the kaji i haven't purchaced that one yet that's my next wood work of art to try lol loving the reo though clyde lawnman3 :2cool::2cool::2cool: oh i have used the same lr 510 atty on my reo for 3 week's now ya gotta love that thought right clyde :vapor::vapor::vapor:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
yes the reo thats what i said reo not kaji not gg its the one .. that i use because it simply works for me oh with a LR 510 ATTY its the one imho that is no pun intended on the kaji i haven't purchaced that one yet that's my next wood work of art to try lol loving the reo though clyde lawnman3 :2cool::2cool::2cool: oh i have used the same lr 510 atty on my reo for 3 week's now ya gotta love that thought right clyde :vapor::vapor::vapor:

I get to visit with another Reonaut, Sterno, on a regular basis. He is throughly enthralled and delighted with his on a daily basis. Loved the time spent on mine, but my short attention span and desktop full of mods distracted me from it.

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
Which of the mods are you talking about, and what issues?

My GGTS 2009 edition developed speckles on the casing which I couldn't remove with cleaner I tried. I had two AC/DC units GG passthrough units that failed fairly quickly. Also my GGTS now only works with 901 atties only. Also, I had problems with my AFS first generation which worked well for vapour when it worked, but constantly needed adjustment and often leaked. In the end I gave up on it in frustration.

On balance I liked my GG Grant but even that needed sandpapering to keep the button working.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Thought I'd check back in. Like the most recent posts on this thread, I've hitched up for another tour as a Reonaut after purchasing his metal Mini and Grand boxes. Cannot say enough about how much I like the Grand, truly an outstanding little mod.

But the CJB is still fully functional. I'm thinking I'll load it up today with a fresh bottle of juice and a 18650 high drain off of the charger to see how she'll do.

I've been divesting myself of mods that I don't use regularly. My review and early mods have been donated to smokers in need. I'm wondering what to do with my CJB: keep it as an early example of a 3rd gen, sell it on the classifieds, or give it to a deserving local smoker. The mod does have a high learning curve, but the bulletproof atty may help make it suitable for a noob (after a lot of instruction). Nothing worse than being new, and having an atty blow without a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread