The Lurker Thread

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Oh Robin :wub: That all sounds so good!! ((((HUGS))))
Gosh, it's such a slow process, that would drive me INSANE, but your attitude is absolutely amazing!!
I know you will get through this!! :nun:

I've been doing that. I tried our bed the first night home, but I woke him every time I was up and down.
I started on the couch last night because I could use the back of it to help steady myself and move around.
That helps a lot!! I ended up just restless and uncomfortable, mostly my back, and finally went to the guest room.
I'm definitely seeing/feeling progress in getting in and out of bed, that was the worst part, well and coughing, laughing, or sneezing. But I can tell that's not as bad this a.m. too. :nun:

No lie, *shudder* my belly button puckered when I read your 3x. :facepalm:

DH texted that he can work from home this afternoon, and that he'll be home all weekend so if I want him to go get "the rodent", he will.
So...:cry: of course I'm REALLY excited now!!! :banana:

Keep a pillow handy to press against your belly when you have to sneeze or cough. I even took one with me in the car. Bumps in the road absolutely Suck.

:p

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

It's my day off and wouldn't you know it, I still woke up right before my alarm would have gone off. :glare:...Took me a while, but I did finally get back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Brother never made it over to the house last night...turns out he has a horrendous toothache and his mouth is swollen...that may be a good thing, means he can't talk much. ;)...He'll be coming by this afternoon though when our dad gets here...then I'm going to have a full house....thank goodness I don't have to cook for all of them...Dad will be taking us all out to eat. :D

Joey, good luck with the doc next Thursday...yeah I'd be a little anxious too...keeping fingers crossed for you that he releases you.

Lori, sounds like you're recovering well...just don't try to do too much...just because you feel like you can doesn't mean your body is quite up to all of that yet.
Never fails on a day off.:nah: Even with all of this I'm not sleeping in.
Oh nice to be treated for dinner, then you can visit and not worry about cooking and the clean up! :thumbs:
Have fun!!

I knew it was Fri-YAY for a reason. Aww, reunited with Rita!! I bet you missed her something awful. So glad she'll be home with you for the weekend.

You don't realize just how much you really use those core muscles until there is trauma to them ;)
Yes, Fri-YAY for sure. She's here...we napped for about a half hour, now she's napping on her pillow in front of the patio doors as usual. :)

Yeah Sarah, I don't want him in pain either...but then again if it brings peace to the rest of us, well um.....I know, I'm a mean person. :p:lol:
That's not being mean, that's just being honest. :lol: ;) Again, I can relate!! :laugh:

Good morning Lurkers :)
Morning Princess. :lol: :wub:

proxy.php
Lol's. Hi Kn0ttYFive
JC_hiya.gif

Sanity, who needs it anyways :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

viannen_56.gif
.....not me!

Keep a pillow handy to press against your belly when you have to sneeze or cough. I even took one with me in the car. Bumps in the road absolutely Suck.

:p
Good idea!!
I'm not looking forward to the car again...
Seatbelts suck too. :cry:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Never fails on a day off.:nah: Even with all of this I'm not sleeping in.
Oh nice to be treated for dinner, then you can visit and not worry about cooking and the clean up! :thumbs:
Have fun!!

Yes, Fri-YAY for sure. She's here...we napped for about a half hour, now she's napping on her pillow in front of the patio doors as usual. :)

That's not being mean, that's just being honest. :lol: ;) Again, I can relate!! :laugh:

Morning Princess. :lol: :wub:

Lol's. Hi Kn0ttYFive
JC_hiya.gif

viannen_56.gif
.....not me!

Good idea!!
I'm not looking forward to the car again...
Seatbelts suck too. :cry:
Pillow first, seatbelt over pillow. :thumbs:

I've had a lot of experience ;)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Just found out my granddaughter and her mother were in a car accident this morning...the princess is okay, just some scrapes and bruises and has already been released, but her mom is still in the hospital, not sure of the extent of her injuries yet...any prayers, good vibes, etc. would be appreciated.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Just found out my granddaughter and her mother were in a car accident this morning...the princess is okay, just some scrapes and bruises and has already been released, but her mom is still in the hospital, not sure of the extent of her injuries yet...any prayers, good vibes, etc. would be appreciated.
    Oh Angel! So sorry to hear that :( Glad the little one is okay at least, prayers for her mother :nun:

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Pillow first, seatbelt over pillow. :thumbs:

I've had a lot of experience ;)
    Will do that!! Thanks for the tips!! :nun:

Oh Angel (((HUGS))) prayers sent up for all!!! Glad your granddaughter is okay!!

I didn't go to bed till 4:30 AM but did let lots of juice mixed up :p

Done deal :nun:
    I was just kiddin', I figured you were up til the wee hours. ;)

Oh Angel! So sorry to hear that :( Glad the little one is okay at least, prayers for her mother :nun:
    Hi Dale. :wub:

:D

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I was just kiddin', I figured you were up til the wee hours. ;)

Yup then right about the time I started to doze off a huge lightning bolt hit something real close, jumped right back up and stayed up another hour :blink:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Yup then right about the time I started to doze off a huge lightning bolt hit something real close, jumped right back up and stayed up another hour :blink:
    Yeah, I heard it come through this a.m. too.

Sullivan Joins Area Schools In Canceling Classes Aug. 21

Even my buddy's pawn shop will be closed that day,this is going to be a big thing around here :laugh:
    It's a pretty big deal I suppose. We're right on the line, not sure if we'll get to see it here at home or not.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi Lori :wub:
    Are you behaving yourself? ;)

1.6 inches of rain here since last night,it's like a steam bath outside great tomato growing weather :)
    We got a thunder shower this morning then the sun popped back out and created a sauna :glare:

Bet I won't even know when the eclipse happens, no windows in the shop :(

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hi Lori :wub:
    Are you behaving yourself? ;)

We got a thunder shower this morning then the sun popped back out and created a sauna :glare:

Bet I won't even know when the eclipse happens, no windows in the shop :(
    I am. Are you?? :unsure: :laugh:

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Yeah, I heard it come through this a.m. too.

It's a pretty big deal I suppose. We're right on the line, not sure if we'll get to see it here at home or not.

It's crossing right over St Clair Mo. about 20 miles east of here they expect 60'000 plus people there,think I'll just watch from my deck :D

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

Users who are viewing this thread