The Lurker Thread

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

Had a toothache most of the weekend, but did get to enjoy taking BF's mom out for a belated birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse...at least that was good. ;)

Ugh, yes Monday is here...and cold too! :glare:

Hope everyone has a good day anyway.;)

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good morning Sara :wub:

Yes the dreadful Monday, don’t wanna :cry:
Me either ;) as the morning progressed the Monday blues got worse lol but then I remembered one of the supervisors is off this week. The mean one. She retires in April and I can’t wait. So the day is looking up :laugh:

Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

Had a toothache most of the weekend, but did get to enjoy taking BF's mom out for a belated birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse...at least that was good. ;)

Ugh, yes Monday is here...and cold too! :glare:

Hope everyone has a good day anyway.;)
Good morning, Angel. :wub: aww, I’m sorry you had a toothache this weekend. Hope it’s feeling better today. Yay for dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. I love their rolls :blush:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good evening Lurkers :)

Man this cold is hurting my joints :blink: Other than being too cold I guess today wasn’t too bad :)

Sorry to see you’re suffering a toothache Angel :( Better get that taken care of!
Aww, Dale. Get out the heating pad. Is that good for aches?

Just got home from soccer practice. Ooof. I’m tired and cold. Got some laundry going, cleaned up kitchen from dinner and a pan of eggs boiling. I’m ready for bed. Lol

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Aww, Dale. Get out the heating pad. Is that good for aches?

Just got home from soccer practice. Ooof. I’m tired and cold. Got some laundry going, cleaned up kitchen from dinner and a pan of eggs boiling. I’m ready for bed. Lol
    Yes heat is good for aches but not practical for my fingers ;) Would help my knee and back but they are nice and warm at the moment :)

You’re a good mom :thumb:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Good evening all. :wub:

Yep, Monday...:nah: Glad it's over.
    Weekend was definitely too short, course they always are.

KC, maybe ask your chiro if inversion therapy would help.
    Then you would (definitely) have to check with your medical doctor, but I bought one ( teeter.com ) https://teeter.com/hang-ups/
    ...and I love it. I wouldn't ever want to live without it.
    It's not for everyone, as my husband doesn't think it helps him.
    They're actually on sale, at the link I posted, of the 3, I would go with the one in the middle.
    You would absolutely want the one that has the bar release for the ankles.
    I only invert to 20 degrees, but that's up to you.
    That's where I get relief, but everyone is different.
    When I bought mine, I was at the point I was going to have to go see an ortho.
    I'd been to the chiro, and he said that I wasn't going to like what he was going to tell me, but he wasn't going to adjust me.
    I hadn't been in 3 years, and he said my problem wasn't alignment, he couldn't believe it (either), but nothing was "out"...nothing. My problem was gravity...only. Lower lumbar pain....he suggested inversion therapy.
    I figured the price of it would be a drop in the bucket of what I'd be spending in deductible and co-pay if I ended up at an ortho, so I took the chance, talked to my medical Dr. and got clearance to do it.
    My medical Dr. said absolutely, if I was willing to try it, he saw no harm.
    YMMV regarding how your Dr. feels, and go with whatever *you* trust.
    I only use it in small increments, but that's all I need to stretch out and get the fluid to refill between my lumbar.

The lumbar support thingie, and the little balls that are on the inversion table are removable. I find they're too aggressive for me, but again, everyone is different.
    Anyway, I just wanted to mention it, don't feel compelled, to try one, it's a bit of cash to lay out.
    I just figured it was worth a shot to try it, and if it didn't help me, I could get back at least some of it if I had to resort to selling it on Craigslist.
    Considering I'd never get a dime back on my medical deductible, I went for it...

ETA: Also, it's not a cure, it's therapy. It will be an ongoing thing that you use at home. I can go weeks without using mine now.
    At first I was hopping on it about 3 times a day for about a minute and a half each time.

Angel, so sorry about your tooth!! Hope you can get it looked at quick. You know this already...waiting never makes it better if it's a tooth. :cry:

Tree is up here, but only lights and the bead garland that I left on it from last year...not much motivation yet to do more with it. :laugh: It'll come, it always does.

Dale, the cold sure is miserable. Feeling it here too.

Sara, better get the humidifier going! :laugh: I need to as well!!

Okay, that's about it for me. Heading to the tub.
    If I don't get back tonight, sweet dreams when y'all go. :wub:

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Good evening all. :wub:

Yep, Monday...:nah: Glad it's over.
    Weekend was definitely too short, course they always are.

KC, maybe ask your chiro if inversion therapy would help.
    Then you would (definitely) have to check with your medical doctor, but I bought one ( teeter.com ) https://teeter.com/hang-ups/
    ...and I love it. I wouldn't ever want to live without it.
    It's not for everyone, as my husband doesn't think it helps him.
    They're actually on sale, at the link I posted, of the 3, I would go with the one in the middle.
    You would absolutely want the one that has the bar release for the ankles.
    I only invert to 20 degrees, but that's up to you.
    That's where I get relief, but everyone is different.
    When I bought mine, I was at the point I was going to have to go see an ortho.
    I'd been to the chiro, and he said that I wasn't going to like what he was going to tell me, but he wasn't going to adjust me.
    I hadn't been in 3 years, and he said my problem wasn't alignment, he couldn't believe it (either), but nothing was "out"...nothing. My problem was gravity...only. Lower lumbar pain....he suggested inversion therapy.
    I figured the price of it would be a drop in the bucket of what I'd be spending in deductible and co-pay if I ended up at an ortho, so I took the chance, talked to my medical Dr. and got clearance to do it.
    My medical Dr. said absolutely, if I was willing to try it, he saw no harm.
    YMMV regarding how your Dr. feels, and go with whatever *you* trust.
    I only use it in small increments, but that's all I need to stretch out and get the fluid to refill between my lumbar.

The lumbar support thingie, and the little balls that are on the inversion table are removable. I find they're too aggressive for me, but again, everyone is different.
    Anyway, I just wanted to mention it, don't feel compelled, to try one, it's a bit of cash to lay out.
    I just figured it was worth a shot to try it, and if it didn't help me, I could get back at least some of it if I had to resort to selling it on Craigslist.
    Considering I'd never get a dime back on my medical deductible, I went for it...

ETA: Also, it's not a cure, it's therapy. It will be an ongoing thing that you use at home. I can go weeks without using mine now.
    At first I was hopping on it about 3 times a day for about a minute and a half each time.

Angel, so sorry about your tooth!! Hope you can get it looked at quick. You know this already...waiting never makes it better if it's a tooth. :cry:

Tree is up here, but only lights and the bead garland that I left on it from last year...not much motivation yet to do more with it. :laugh: It'll come, it always does.

Dale, the cold sure is miserable. Feeling it here too.

Sara, better get the humidifier going! :laugh: I need to as well!!

Okay, that's about it for me. Heading to the tub.
    If I don't get back tonight, sweet dreams when y'all go. :wub:

Definitely food for thought
    Thank You

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Morning Lurkers
    upload_2018-12-11_4-21-47.jpeg

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning KC :wub:

Good morning lovely and handsome Lurkers :wub:

24 this morning burrr! Going to warm up nicely... outside today- 58.

I see we have rain moving in again soon, no wonder I hurt :rolleyes:
    Good morning Dale :wub: jealous of that 58 but not the rain/discomfort that comes with. I’m sorry. :( Hope it passes quickly.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

Got woken up an hour before the alarm because the house was freezing and dark...dang power had gone out to the whole neighborhood...was panicking because to me that meant no coffee!!! :shock:...Luckily it came back on 5 minutes before I was scheduled to get up...although I was awake that whole dang time. :glare:...But at least I was able to get my coffee. :thumb:

Oh yeah, and in the dark I didn't see the dang cat had thrown up in my chair and I sat down in it...UGH! :-x

It has to get better from here right?! ;)

Hope everyone is having a better start to their day!

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning Joey, Shadev and Angel :wub:

Sweet dreams, Joey :lol:

Hope all is well with you, Shadev :)

Ohhh Angel, you poor dear. :( Thank goodness you were able to get that coffee. You definitely couldn’t do without it today. Hope your day is going better and that kitty is ok.

Dale, hope your day isn’t too long of one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread