The Lurker Thread

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

Shad, sorry you've been sick...hope you're feeling better soon...that flu has been really bad this year...I've had several clients and employees down with it already...I walk around with Lysol. :p

College boy told me last night they were getting their second snow storm in a week...he then informed me that he was over the snow and never wanted to see any again! :lol:

Boss took us out again for margaritas last night...we've decided to call it our little Tuesday night therapy group! :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Good morning Angel :wub:

Winner winner margarita dinner :laugh:

Stay well and have a good day ;)

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good evening lurkers :wub:

Angel, margaritas for dinner sound positively perfect!! Well any alcohol ;) kidding. I would have to agree with your son, I’m over this winter...snow, ice, freezing rain, wintry mix. Done!

Dale, yay!! Hope you had an awesome day after getting to sleep in. :)

Hiya, Joey :) hope you have a good night at work.

We were inadvertantly exposed to the stomach bug. But it’s been 3 days with no symptoms, so I’m pretty sure we’re in the clear. :banana: I canceled family dinner for the weekend because the bug hit my brother/sil. Not taking any chances.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening lurkers :wub:

Angel, margaritas for dinner sound positively perfect!! Well any alcohol ;) kidding. I would have to agree with your son, I’m over this winter...snow, ice, freezing rain, wintry mix. Done!

Dale, yay!! Hope you had an awesome day after getting to sleep in. :)

Hiya, Joey :) hope you have a good night at work.

We were inadvertantly exposed to the stomach bug. But it’s been 3 days with no symptoms, so I’m pretty sure we’re in the clear. :banana: I canceled family dinner for the weekend because the bug hit my brother/sil. Not taking any chances.
    Good evening Sara :) Glad you escaped the stomach bug :thumb:

Day was pretty good, too short of course :rolleyes: We had decent weather in the lower 50’s but they are saying Saturday we’ll have more bad storms :unsure:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good evening Sara :) Glad you escaped the stomach bug :thumb:

Day was pretty good, too short of course :rolleyes: We had decent weather in the lower 50’s but they are saying Saturday we’ll have more bad storms :unsure:
    Yes, I’ve heard it’s a pretty nasty bug.

Glad you had a nice day, always goes by so fast when you are home. o_O I hope your forecast changes for the better. We are supposed to get wind for the weekend. Similar to what it was a week or so ago.

Feel like I was supposed to do something this evening but I can’t remember what it was :blink:

Sweet dreams lurkers :wub: I bet as soon as I lay down it will come to me lol

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Yes, I’ve heard it’s a pretty nasty bug.

Glad you had a nice day, always goes by so fast when you are home. o_O I hope your forecast changes for the better. We are supposed to get wind for the weekend. Similar to what it was a week or so ago.

Feel like I was supposed to do something this evening but I can’t remember what it was :blink:

Sweet dreams lurkers :wub: I bet as soon as I lay down it will come to me lol
    Cold and windy is a nasty combination :(

Hope you drift off peacefully and don’t remember ;) Good night Sara :wub:

Good night lovely and handsome Lurkers :wub:

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Morning Lurkers
    upload_2019-2-21_4-31-38.jpeg

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Good morning lovely lurkers. :wub:

I'm with you Sara, I didn't want to get up either...but then again I never want to get up early...I need a job where I can sleep till noon and then work for 3 or 4 hours, but still get paid for a full day....now if I can just convince the boss of that. :lol:

Hope everyone has a nice day.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Good evening all. :wub:

Shad, so sorry to hear you've been sick!!
    Those with snow, hang in there, spring surely can't be far off!!
    Dale, sure hope you don't get sick too!!

So, just a flyby really, we had to put Rita down last night, and I'm just kind of out of sorts.

It happened so fast, I had taken her after work for her monthly check and pain shot for her arthritis, and all was well/normal.
    Came home and fed her, we ate, and she started getting sick/having problems.
    I thought it was a reaction to the shot or something, her stomach grew to the size of a med. melon, taught and hard, she was in severe distress, and dry heaving.
    I called the vet's emergency, after hours service, and he called right back.
    We ended up rushing her back there, and he gave her enough gas to just barely put her to sleep/relax her and ran a tube into her stomach, but nothing came out.
    Sadly, the issue was outside of her stomach, something internally had given out, and she had a massive internal bleed.
    He said it's not uncommon with extremely old dogs, just one of many things that can go wrong.
    So, we had no choice.

I'm okay, but a wreck, this too shall pass, just all a part of being a pet owner.
    Hard to say goodbye to such a good buddy.
    I've known it's been coming, but was still unprepared when the time actually came.
    She had a really good, long life, and it was time, she hadn't been doing well, very little quality of life for awhile now.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know. :(

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

So, just a flyby really, we had to put Rita down last night, and I'm just kind of out of sorts.

It happened so fast, I had taken her after work for her monthly check and pain shot for her arthritis, and all was well/normal.
    I thought it was a reaction to the shot or something, her stomach grew to the size of a med. melon, taught and hard, she was in severe distress, and dry heaving.
    We ended up rushing her back there, and he gave her enough gas to just barely put her to sleep/relax her and ran a tube into her stomach, but nothing came out.
    Sadly, the issue was outside of her stomach, something internally had given out, and she had a massive internal bleed.
    He said it's not uncommon with extremely old dogs, just one of many things that can go wrong.
    So, we had no choice.

I'm okay, but a wreck, this too shall pass, just all a part of being a pet owner.
    I've known it's been coming, but was still unprepared when the time actually came.
    She had a really good, long life, and it was time, she hadn't been doing well, very little quality of life for awhile now.

I’m so terribly sorry Lori! :cry: Hugs and love to you :wub:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares

So, we had no choice.

So sorry for your pooch no words can express how someone feels after a family member passes. Big hug for you :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread