The Lurker Thread

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
:eek::eek::eek:Wow!!!:eek::eek::eek: I hope it stays over there! I don’t want to see no 10 inches of snow over here. Unless it’s an inch per day. :lol:

I know you can’t “catch up” on sleep but all those sleepless nights have caught up to you. I’ve been spoiled with being able to stay up later and sleep in a little longer. Not a good thing when you have to go back full time :laugh:

Reactions: daleron

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good evening Sara and lurkers :)

Supper is done and cleaned up, bath taken and waiting for the new NCIS tonight :)

No snow here, matter of fact it’s been open windows the past two days :laugh:
Well, I'm super jealous of the open windows. Has summer started without me? :?:;) Also, when I reread my earlier post I realized I hadn’t finished it entirely. I was rushing as dinner was about to walk through the door. Soooo hard working all day, coming home and making dinner ;)

What I meant was, even though you can’t catch up on sleep, I’m glad you’ve been getting full nights rest lately.

Hope NCIS was a good one! :)

Sweet dreams :wub:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good morning Sara :wub:
Well I was awake till midnight last night but still got a good bit of sleep ;)

I agree about not cooking after a full day of work. Will you be home today?

Good morning Dale :) Awake because you couldn't sleep or because you were doing something that was keeping you from going to bed? I’m usually the latter (tv, reading, slots on my phone)

Yes, today and tomorrow are my last days home. I’m going to give kiddo two weeks on his own with remote learning. I will check at night when I get home to make sure he’s completed his work. If it goes well....yay!! If not, I will apply to use more vacation time to be home with him. :glare:

Right now, I’m sitting next to him at the table to keep him on task. Yuck! But if I don't, he seems to zone out or I catch him watching YouTube videos. We have, as far as I can tell, caught him up on all missing assignments and it seems to be keeping the arguments to a minimum.

At this point I feel like the schools need to reopen full time. This seems to be the classic “no kid left behind”. His grades will be in the toilet a good portion of the quarter. Teachers are letting the kids make up work until the grades are posted which is ridiculous and by the end of the quarter after several wars in the Love household he makes it to the honor roll?!?!?!

He has lost his privileges for all electronics with the exception of his chromebook because thats how he does his homework but like I mentioned earlier if I’m not hovering he can surf the net. :grr:

Ooof. Sorry for the novel :lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Dale :) Awake because you couldn't sleep or because you were doing something that was keeping you from going to bed? I’m usually the latter (tv, reading, slots on my phone)

Yes, today and tomorrow are my last days home. I’m going to give kiddo two weeks on his own with remote learning. I will check at night when I get home to make sure he’s completed his work. If it goes well....yay!! If not, I will apply to use more vacation time to be home with him. :glare:

Right now, I’m sitting next to him at the table to keep him on task. Yuck! But if I don't, he seems to zone out or I catch him watching YouTube videos. We have, as far as I can tell, caught him up on all missing assignments and it seems to be keeping the arguments to a minimum.

At this point I feel like the schools need to reopen full time. This seems to be the classic “no kid left behind”. His grades will be in the toilet a good portion of the quarter. Teachers are letting the kids make up work until the grades are posted which is ridiculous and by the end of the quarter after several wars in the Love household he makes it to the honor roll?!?!?!

He has lost his privileges for all electronics with the exception of his chromebook because thats how he does his homework but like I mentioned earlier if I’m not hovering he can surf the net. :grr:

Well I was reading in bed but usually get sleepy enough to fall asleep pretty quickly, not last night.

Ugh I can’t even imagine what that must be like, home schooling. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully he’ll take some pride in the responsibility and do well.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Well I was reading in bed but usually get sleepy enough to fall asleep pretty quickly, not last night.

Ugh I can’t even imagine what that must be like, home schooling. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully he’ll take some pride in the responsibility and do well.
    Some nights it does seem to have the opposite effect, doesn't it. :nah:

Thanks, Dale :wub: This too shall pass, I suppose ;)

• Agree

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares

Hiya Sara and Dale :)

Remote learning sucks the teachers are not doing their job explaining the work to the kids. Which than becomes my freaking job!!! I know I took the responsibility to home school but I don't get paid to be a school teacher. My job in the remote learning is to help my kid get the work done and stay on task, not to teach her what the teacher is supposed to teach. That is total crap in my eyes!!! I can't wait for this covid crap to be over and schools open back up!!!!!!

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning lurkers :wub:

Couldn't agree more, Joey! On top of that our Governor has decided to lift restrictions. I thought our numbers were increasing not too long ago but all of a sudden they dropped. Coincidence that a democrat won the presidency combined with getting hit with several law suits that he knows he will lose? :rolleyes: FTR I don't care who wins elections as long as they do good things for the people. So if Covid is all of a sudden going away (I know it’s not) then all the schools should be open 5 days a week. Especially when they've already admitted schools aren’t where the spread is happening and the teachers union needs to pull their heads out of their you know what. :w00t:

Congrats, Dale!!! :nun::nun::nun: How exciting!!! Sending lots of healthy vibes your way!

Users who are viewing this thread