The Micro Juice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
I may have to try this mod. The only hard part I can see is making a hole that the little ball fits against smooth enough so that it doesn't leak. If it were concave I bet it would probably seal better due to the larger surface area that the little ball would set against. :) I will give it a shot. Thanks for providing it and answering the questions. :)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Sorry Greg....

But I figured this would be beyond the scope of the average "modder". As I may have mentioned, the Mega atty/cart combo *may* make this much easier to do. I don't know yet.

I will say that I am pretty sold on my unit though.. and it is about all I use. I am busily crafting the "next generation" version that I hope to incorporate into my next PV. And I'm kinda excited about this one....

More to come I reckon.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I am confident that FSR would probably be an excellent material for an application like this. The obvious advantage to the mold-able RTV silicone and derivations like the "mold putty" is that I can make my own custom shape easily.

I have successfully "molded" my plug with some pretty thin cross-sections. I have also been successful at freezing finished plugs and then doing some "post process" machining on them (although you need to be quick!).

But..... if you are talking about the "plug" that I am going to use to replace the ball-bearing (I have been talking about the one that contacts the atty bridge)... I don't see any advantage to anything more exotic than the cartomizer unit. It is dern near perfect for this application.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Scottbee...That is so cool. I hope my mind finds its way home soon. I would so want to try and duplicate this for myself. I direct drip and when in the car it's hard to accomplish...deitra

If you think the micro juice box is cool.... you should see the contraption that I'm vaping off of now!

It's just a little early for me to show my hand on this one.... but I will soon. I promise!

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
This is outstanding!! I hadn't tried any of the plug mods so I didn't know about the vacuum issue, but I'd been trying to figure out how to do a direct drip system using vacuum as the means to control flow. I was looking at cart mods because I just got a volcano & love everything but the miniscule cart capacity. I wanted a way to enlarge it & this mod looks like it covers both issues beautifully :D

Pegasus7

Jan 27, 2010
Oklahoma
Great MOD. have been reading lots-n-lots-n-lots.... and so far for me this will do good for my needs. Size is everything, and toting more than a small container, mine is a Small Cigar box (Ironic huh...).
Hey Kristin check this "pocket size e-cig case" reminiscent of my smoking days.!

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 72

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Pretty smooth mod Scottbee...you must have been studying the old ball valve oiling system or ratchet drive for that ball and spring idea.

One thing though...when you get the stoichiometric ratio figured out...you gonna leave it at 14.7:1 or lean it out a bit for vaping?

Oh...and I wont tell anyone about all those ashtrays on your boat.;)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
One thing though...when you get the stoichiometric ratio figured out...you gonna leave it at 14.7:1 or lean it out a bit for vaping?

Well.. you know what they say.. lean it out until it seizes and then back it off a quarter turn... ;)

Oh...and I wont tell anyone about all those ashtrays on your boat.;)

Yeah.. that's kinda freaky. I put the boat into hibernation just about the time I started vaping.. maybe a week or two later. She sits for the better part of the winter just under a big ole cover (fitted tarp) with a heater in there. I've got some work to do on her again this year before launch... so a few weeks ago I went under the cover to survey her condition and to start making plans. Wow.. ashtrays and cigarette butts everywhere. And it stunk!

Strange how our sense of smell.. and perception... can change in just a short period of time.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
LOL...I know what you mean. I find the hardest part to get over is having that smoke hanging in the mouth while working. Dont miss the smoke in the eyes though! Even a 510 is a little too much to have hanging there let alone having to push a button all the time especially with greasy hands.
My other concern that I haven't found out yet is...will vaping keep the damn gnats away like smoking did? I think I smoked more in the summer only as a pest repellent.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
LOL...I know what you mean. I find the hardest part to get over is having that smoke hanging in the mouth while working. Dont miss the smoke in the eyes though! Even a 510 is a little too much to have hanging there let alone having to push a button all the time especially with greasy hands.
My other concern that I haven't found out yet is...will vaping keep the damn gnats away like smoking did? I think I smoked more in the summer only as a pest repellent.

Hmmm..... excellent point. Do mosquitoes like PG or VG?

I know what you mean about having the `rette hanging out of your mouth. One of the things that I love about my little Revolver (M702/M803) is that I can stick it behind my ear, or hang it out of my mouth while I'm out on the factory floor. Makes all the hot chickas that work in the factory think I'm a badass <chortle, guffaw, hysterical laughter>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread