The Precise Strata Dual Coil Rebuildable Atomizer/Integrated Tank PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
nice feature but a wick lasts for months if not longer if made correct and a new one is made in a few minutes..so that should not be the main reason for buying IMHO

I agree. From what I read, my guess would be that it`s not about the material the wick is made of, but that the general features and the way the Strata is constructed makes it possible for the wick to last indefinitely long(er).

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
If this really has a new atomizer that will never need replacing, a patent should be secured before this is ever unveiled to the public. I just watched an episode of Shark tank, I know what I'm talking about. :cool:

Could be why there's such a lack of information about it until the patent is secured.

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I just hope I`ll be able to gather enough money to get the Kiklet and the Strata. Therefore I don`t mind if it takes a while for the Strata to be released. I hope the kiklet and the precise strata (not the whole PV) won`t cost more than 200$, but I doubt it. Add international shipping to that and you`ve got a home-wrecking argument with your family lying in wait. Or maybe I`ll just ask for money this Christmas :p

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
I agree. From what I read, my guess would be that it`s not about the material the wick is made of, but that the general features and the way the Strata is constructed makes it possible for the wick to last indefinitely long(er).

I think it could be different material...I don't know enough about metals to speculate on what kind, but why not? They figured out rhodium-plated contacts.

I'm also hoping for a smaller version that will go with the p10 as well. Just throwing that out there...

gerry81611

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Denver, CO
David,

if you get this, I am wondering what your opinion is on insulating a stainless wick from the the body of the pv? I have one atty that is insulated and one that is not. the insulated one is easier to set up and removes shorting from the equation when setting up the pv, but unless the insulator is ceramic then there is the possibility of it releasing toxic stuff if it gets too hot. although I'm not sure if the wick ever gets that hot although the body of my precise sometimes gets hot!

thanks,

Gerry

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Well I`ve heard of a technique where you wrap some cigarette paper made from natural substances around the wick and then light it up so you can get an insulating layer of carbon on it. I think that approach is fairly simple, fast and safe. How effective it is...well, since I haven`t yet tried it I cannot say for sure, but you can try it on your uninsulated one and share your impressions. Btw, I have a feeling the stainless wick will be one part of the equation for the Strata, but the other parts I feel are not so easy to guess and will be more important for the performance of the final product. Which is probably why they are a secret :unsure:

gerry81611

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Denver, CO
Well I`ve heard of a technique where you wrap some cigarette paper made from natural substances around the wick and then light it up so you can get an insulating layer of carbon on it. I think that approach is fairly simple, fast and safe. How effective it is...well, since I haven`t yet tried it I cannot say for sure, but you can try it on your uninsulated one and share your impressions. Btw, I have a feeling the stainless wick will be one part of the equation for the Strata, but the other parts I feel are not so easy to guess and will be more important for the performance of the final product. Which is probably why they are a secret :unsure:

Yeah that is scubadatdans technique, and it does work!

I have a gtank that I use it one, but since I'm so new to the genesis game, I'm not entirely sure that I'm doing it right, and some current may still be running through the wick. U know when u get a weak vape and don't know why? With an insulator, then for sure zero current will go thru the wick since it has no place to go. I guess I'm just looking to cut variables out. In any case, sooner or later I will become a genesis master and then prefer no plastics in my combustion chamber :)

EKDP

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
gerry81611,

You can press the plastic insulator out and cut it in half and press it back in to get more space from your coil. What type of plastic is the insulator you have? Teflon has a high heat range and should be safe. I don't know your setup so I can not say it's a 100% safe. You could use a few wraps of cigarette paper or cotton only where it passes through the body. I hope that helps you.

gerry81611

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Denver, CO
gerry81611,

You can press the plastic insulator out and cut it in half and press it back in to get more space from your coil. What type of plastic is the insulator you have? Teflon has a high heat range and should be safe. I don't know your setup so I can not say it's a 100% safe. You could use a few wraps of cigarette paper or cotton only where it passes through the body. I hope that helps you.

I don't want to hijack this thread, I'll send u a pm. Maaaan, I want a strata :)

gixxxer

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 7, 2012
Finland
diabloliquid.net
David,

if you get this, I am wondering what your opinion is on insulating a stainless wick from the the body of the pv? I have one atty that is insulated and one that is not. the insulated one is easier to set up and removes shorting from the equation when setting up the pv, but unless the insulator is ceramic then there is the possibility of it releasing toxic stuff if it gets too hot. although I'm not sure if the wick ever gets that hot although the body of my precise sometimes gets hot!

thanks,

Gerry

You don't have to worry about that unless you are dryburning your wick for so long that it's hot red and starts to melt the insulation (don't see any reason why anyone would do that). I have in my own mod a insulation that's made out of food approved plastic and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread