Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Reonauts. At my age and arthritic condition, I have no desire to try "Exciting" anymore. Yea, yea, I know ...
mn7_zpsfiwrqdeh.jpg

Hi and thanks! I recently tried the bridgeless and found that beyond using juice like crazy (3 oz. in 2 days!) I didn't like the flavor as much after @ 5 days use. Bridged 306's are my first choice...and I only refill bottle every 3-4 days.
I guess my second question would be: do any of the rebuildables approximate the same satisfying experience as the 306? Thanks again!

How wonderful :D

Unsure what to suggest, if you are against building coils, you could try NoCode Lazy

But building coils is good. Mouth to Lung style RDA to mimick similar draw to the 306 will open new worlds
Guess I'm not against building coils, just haven't tried it yet :) though I'm sure I'm a little intimidated by all the engineering talk! Which would you suggest as a similar experience to 306? Thanks again for answers and support!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Guess I'm not against building coils, just haven't tried it yet :) though I'm sure I'm a little intimidated by all the engineering talk! Which would you suggest as a similar experience to 306? Thanks again for answers and support!!
You'd be amazed at how quickly you grasp coil building. If a sloth can do it, anyone can!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
will it also be white under the coil, or will that stay darker?
It will be ever so slightly darker as that is where the majority of the heat is concentrated...
Hi and thanks! I recently tried the bridgeless and found that beyond using juice like crazy (3 oz. in 2 days!) I didn't like the flavor as much after @ 5 days use. Bridged 306's are my first choice...and I only refill bottle every 3-4 days.
I guess my second question would be: do any of the rebuildables approximate the same satisfying experience as the 306? Thanks again!
Thats a whole bunch of juice in 2 days!! I don't recall exact times but I used to dry burn my 306's on a regular basis to make them last longer. Very quick pulses because they used some thin wire in those puppies... As to the rebuildables, Papaw was right on it suggesting the RM2 from Rob and if you aren't real sure about making coils you can get them pre-made from several places. Avid being one of those places...

Rebuildable Atomizer Coils

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I never tried a 306 but I can't imagine it being better than a good RDA. The RM2 is really the best for starting out, and doing mtl. Super easy to build on. With a coil master v3 coil jig, literally, if you can turn a knob and thread a needle, you can build and install a coil.

Good Morning Reonauts. At my age and arthritic condition, I have no desire to try "Exciting" anymore. Yea, yea, I know ...
mn7_zpsfiwrqdeh.jpg
Love the grumpy old men movies. Have those on dvds. I've always been a huge fan of those two actors anyhow. Can't go wrong puttin em together. Love their odd couple one also.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i thought a patina was because one doesn't clean the metal.

The ones that are forced with i dunno - mustard and ammonia say are usually clear coated in varnish when the pattern is desirable and in that event they'd need nothing more than a wipe with a damp cloth.

T

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Apropos nothing really, but because i just mentioned mustard, HRH discovered that mustard in a latex glove (bear with me here, this is not pervy) is a great treatment for burns.

She burned her hand pulling a metal-handled pan out of the oven and the crappy yellow mustard that is ubiquitous in America is the cure - squirt a load in the glove and wear it. She had no blistering although her hand did swell still, but no pain and a working hand again in a day. <~~ that's the pervy bit :pervy:

It was something she found on t'internet and you'd have paid good money to see my face - "Trunky, can you squirt a load of mustard in this glove for me?"

T

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I have one of Dready's Mod Spa: Gallery, Info, & Chit Chat] doors & although I treat it with reverence, it has held up very well. The clear finish protects the patina.
p67-5.JPG

His advice is “Patinas are somewhat fragile, although the extensive sealing process adds a great deal of strength to them. That said, it is still important to handle your patina with care. To maintain its luster, I recommend using a microfiber or polishing cloth regularly. If you begin to get small scratches you can gently use a little rubbing compound to smooth it out, then follow with a polish (Mother's, Renaissance, etc.). DO NOT use any products containing acetone as it will strip the finish!"

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I'm thinking of getting a brass patina door. Do they take any more care than a regular metal door?

None. There is a heavy coating on mine. I don't want to say 'plastic', but it might be a clear resin of some sort...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Apropos nothing really, but because i just mentioned mustard, HRH discovered that mustard in a latex glove (bear with me here, this is not pervy) is a great treatment for burns.

She burned her hand pulling a metal-handled pan out of the oven and the crappy yellow mustard that is ubiquitous in America is the cure - squirt a load in the glove and wear it. She had no blistering although her hand did swell still, but no pain and a working hand again in a day. <~~ that's the pervy bit :pervy:

It was something she found on t'internet and you'd have paid good money to see my face - "Trunky, can you squirt a load of mustard in this glove for me?"

T
[emoji43] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JC Okie

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
@Mary Pat Allen, I just sent you a PM. I have some 306s left over from the olden days that you can have. THEN we need to get you started rebuilding......YES, an RBA is (IMHO) waaaay better than a 306 or any pre-built atomizer.

Hi, I'm Jan. :)

P.S. These all have bridges.....

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The 306 is before my time (I started with the 510) so I can't help there.
Rob has 510 2.0 smoktech in stock.
If you want to try a basic one coil rebuildable, the RM2 is a good place to start...

The RM2 is all I use. I tried others but always came back. The deck is ceramic so it is a little more forgiving. The wire holes are large enough for my bad eyes and hands to thread a 28 gauge wire in them. The RM2 was a great starting place for some and for others, like me, it is a great ending place.
Coils are not that difficult or complicated to make safely. Use the Steam Engine to get you where you want to be. But Muzichead's suggestion of pre-made sounds good, I might have started with them if they were around when I started.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Bought volt ohm meter. It will read the volts of my batteries but I can't get it to read the ohms of my atties. Any help or ideas are welcome. Thanks.
What brand is it?
Is the meter's internal battery charged?
Is it another 510 connection problem?

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
What brand is it?
Is the meter's internal battery charged?
Is it another 510 connection problem?

You might want to look into getting something like the Coilmaster 521 Tab. It will check the resistance of your coils, as well as provide a nice building station to set up your attys on. You can also use it to test fire your coils after getting them mounted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread