The Self Juicing Box way to quit Analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ofuscado

Apr 8, 2011
SE Louisiana
Bottom feeders have interested me for a while. So, I did a really sloppy build of one of these over the weekend. I have to confess, I love it!!! No backfeeding. It hardly ever floods. I should have gotten a couple more batteries but, other than that, it's great. If you have a soldering iron, you can probably make one.

Digging out my dremel and soldering iron as soon as i finish typing this...

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Digging out my dremel and soldering iron as soon as i finish typing this...

Two bits of advice. Read the whole thread especially where highping says it's a mistake to use brass tubing. I used a 16 gauge syringe needle from TSC (Tractor Supply Company). Also, follow the instructions exactly as far as the depth of the needle going into the atty is concerned. Your instincts will scream that it's too deep. My sloppy rendition is at the end of the thread. I'm getting some stuff to make some nicer ones now.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Latest update on REO availability:

I am shooting for next Friday 4/22/11 7pm for another grand sale.I had 200 grands that had to be sent back to the anodizers. If all goes well I will have another 100 mods on Friday.Make sure you fill in your email on my site in the notify me section I will be listing some grands throughout the week .

I am picking parts for 400 mini mods on Monday They have to be tumbled and anodized. The 28th 29th is my best guess when they will be ready

When I checked earlier today, there were still a few Woodvils on the site

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
(Left to Right)
Standard 3.7v/6v - Zebra/Wenge - $120
Evil Monkey VV - King wood - $205
Memorial VV - Cherry/Walnut - $205

:vapor: 3Monkeys-1.jpg :) 3Monkeys-2.jpg :vapor:

Click on photos to enlarge.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
I'm at work and don't have time to browse and search, tho I have looked some, to no avail. What do you actually get from, say, reosmods as far as individual parts? Does it have instructions? How does this thing work? Does it come with its own atty? Does the atty go bad or ever develop that dry, burnt taste? Does it ever need cleaned? Is it a combo drip/tank device where it has a tank (the bottle) but somehow drips onto the coil with alarming precision? I just don't get it yet.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I'm at work and don't have time to browse and search, tho I have looked some, to no avail. What do you actually get from, say, reosmods as far as individual parts? Does it have instructions? How does this thing work? Does it come with its own atty? Does the atty go bad or ever develop that dry, burnt taste? Does it ever need cleaned? Is it a combo drip/tank device where it has a tank (the bottle) but somehow drips onto the coil with alarming precision? I just don't get it yet.

RE: REO, What you get is the mod. What you need is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html Here are the directions: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161149-reo-user-guide.html

Your atomizer will go bad. It will go bad with any device. Cleaning the REO Grand or Mini is a snap. I do it about once a week. Remove the juice bottle, atty and battery and rinse with warm tap water. Dry off.

About once a month, I clean the atty threads and firing pin tip with a Q-tip dipped in vodka and add a little noalox (included) to the very tip of the firing pin.

It feeds juice by squeezing the juice bottle slightly until you see a little juice peeking through the holes in the catch cup. The atty sucks it up from the bottom. That is why it is called a "bottom feeder" You can usually get 5-8 hits (depending on the atty you use) before you give it another squeeze.

pion

Mar 1, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
RE: REO, What you get is the mod. What you need is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...if-reo-your-first-mod-what-you-will-need.html Here are the directions: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161149-reo-user-guide.html

Your atomizer will go bad. It will go bad with any device. Cleaning the REO Grand or Mini is a snap. I do it about once a week. Remove the juice bottle, atty and battery and rinse with warm tap water. Dry off.

About once a month, I clean the atty threads and firing pin tip with a Q-tip dipped in vodka and add a little noalox (included) to the very tip of the firing pin.

It feeds juice by squeezing the juice bottle slightly until you see a little juice peeking through the holes in the catch cup. The atty sucks it up from the bottom. That is why it is called a "bottom feeder" You can usually get 5-8 hits (depending on the atty you use) before you give it another squeeze.

Perfect, mlinky. Thank you.

Cute kitty too.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Latest update on REO availability:

Grands wont be ready for the weekend looking like next week. I will update the thread when I no more

Thanks for the update and to all ... the Grands by REO simply Rock! ... It's my goto PV every day for over a year and it's like the energizer bunny. All mechanical switch and solid aluminum made from a block and anodized .... this means it is scratch resistant.

Happy Easter to all!

Vape On!

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
The latest update on REO's:

Mini mods and grands will be on the site tonight 7 pm There wont be any mini black bodies long story.Looks like Tuesday if you wanting for a black black mini

The grands being sold are not as smooth as the last run of grands. I had problems with the anodizers. If anyone is unhappy with it please let me know. I will accept returns, for a full refund, no questions asked...as long as they haven't been used.

bebop09

Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
I'm a happy Reo Grand w/ carto vaper and honestly the setup cant be beat except by a smaller self-juicing device, which comes at the cost of a smaller battery. All in all self-juucing mods are for the chain vaper that doesn't want to near full time job of looking for a better was to drip or better cart mod. I used to lurk forums left and right looking for a better way to vape. Self-juicing mods aren't a perfect 10, but definitely keep you at about an 8 and if you're happy with cartos a near perfect vape. The best way I think for a starting vaper is to go with the ego type e cig and once acclimated to vaping go for a dependable self-juicing mod. You will skip on buying a lot of obsolete hardware that just reminds of lots of wasted cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread