The Self Juicing Box way to quit Analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakitana

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Brazil
My experience is restricted to 510's atties/carts, joye cartos and CE2.

I am pretty sure that all of them has a limited lifespan.
That the taste gets worst over use, and if you clean regularly the taste gets a little better, but its degradation is inevitable.
The wick fibers get impregnated with burnt liquid.

I started being curious about juices boxes and ended here. I saw many opinions suggesting that you won't have to clean your atomizers or cartomizers.
The message below is one example:

Just think...
No more dealing with blue foam or tweezers for cart usage
No more cleaning cartomizers or tasting burnt polyfill

1) Can anyone explain to me the reason why won't have to clean it and why the wick/taste wouldn't degenerate over time even if we will still be using the regular atties and cartos?

2) I suppose that when the atomizer is attached to the box, the needle reaches the ceramic cup. When you press the bottle to refill, doesn't some liquid leak down the needle and connectors by the force of gravity?

Thanks

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
The basic idea is that with a feed system, you don't let a carto or atty get dry enough to burn.
While the theory may sound good, it's not the reality for most people.
Keeping the cartos wet is pretty easy...vape a little...squeeze the bottle and re-wet the carto.
Attys are another story...flooding...dry hits...it's more of an art.
I don't clean attys for the most part...I pull out the top wick of my 306's and vape 'em till they die.
I blow them out on occasion...helps remove burnt juice and clears any particles that may be in them.
Most of the feeders have a sealed feed system and a catch cup for overflow.
This means that they won't leak into the box, but overfeeding will drain into the cup.
Most will enable the user to suck the excess juice from the cup into the atty.
Once again, some feeders work better than others.

Here is a link to the latest thread of all things feeder mods:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ttom-feed-juice-box-mods-available-links.html

Trakitana

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Brazil
Thanks, AlmightyGod (DeusTodoPoderoso)

Very enlightening. Maybe you (or others) could help me a little more with my new doubts.

Do you think that would be better to use the juice box without the wick, leaving only the coil?
I think the bad taste comes from the wick fibers. Even if you don't let it dry and clean regularly, it seems to get impregnated and taste bad sooner or later.
The wick has its function, that is to conduct (I don't know if I'm using the right words here) the juice to contact the coil.
Do you think that would be better to use the juice box without the wick, leaving only the coil? If you feed the coil directly you wouldn't have the bad taste and the wick wouldn't be needed (like when dripping). Am I right?

Do you see any substantial difference in the results of bottom feed compared to this kind of box: 510 Juice Feeder Mod

What's the correct way to refer to both kind of boxes?

Did you ever use the juice box with a genuine joye 510 cartomizer? They have that plastic cup instead of the ceramic from the attys. Do you think it'd work?

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
FYI...there are 5 mini REOS available...if there are any of you interested...the REO is a sure thing. Oh, and it's gonna be nice to have an all mechanical PV to go along with any non mechanical. It's the zippo of PVs.

just visit the store:

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=9&Itemid=3

....and scroll until you find one available and snatch it up quick...they are precious.

In memory of all who have fought and died for our freedoms....never forget.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Trakitana, there are two principal advantages to a bottom feeder. If you use cartos, you have a juice supply to keep them wet without having to pop the top and drip every few hours. If you like to drip, you have the ability to do what amounts to the same thing without actually having to drip. You can do it while driving etc. I've never used a top feeder but, I suspect that tube running outside to hook things is a disadvantage. Personally, I wouldn't debridge an atomizer in any kind of feeder.

For you that are going to buy an eclipse the first minute you can. I'm sure glad you're there. These guys have thought of every disadvantage with PVs and tried to address them. To do that, they introduced a lot of untried technology. That means a whole new set of disadvantages. I think I'll wait a while.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Trakitana, there are two principal advantages to a bottom feeder. If you use cartos, you have a juice supply to keep them wet without having to pop the top and drip every few hours. If you like to drip, you have the ability to do what amounts to the same thing without actually having to drip. You can do it while driving etc. I've never used a top feeder but, I suspect that tube running outside to hook things is a disadvantage. Personally, I wouldn't debridge an atomizer in any kind of feeder.

For you that are going to buy an eclipse the first minute you can. I'm sure glad you're there. These guys have thought of every disadvantage with PVs and tried to address them. To do that, they introduced a lot of untried technology. That means a whole new set of disadvantages. I think I'll wait a while.

All valid points, MickeyRat and I can respect your position.

I for one am looking forward to putting my trust in Shadow, Magnatron and Digitalciggz on this device...it has been in development for, as far as I know, about a year now. There will never be one PV for all...you will never please all the people all the time but I think this Eclipse Eq is going a long way to please this particular Vaper!

Vape On

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread