The thread for Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Decided it was time to revisit this thread , my SVD is 7 months old with continuous daily use as my go to APV , it looks and functions the same as the day I got it , it's survived drops on to concrete without so much as a scratch , the buttons work exactly as they should , no sticking etc. and the threading shows no signs of wear either , I simply can't ask for anything more out of a mod . I use the hell out of it and it's still perfect .

X2....saved me a lot of writing!!!!!!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I just received my second on from FT, everything is in order and is working.
I was stunned that by adding 2 dollars for Canada Post parcel I received it in 8 working days from the day FT emailed me and said it was shipped. Same with my Vamo V5 it will be here in about 8 working days

Cheers

May I use your shipping address? I would still get it quicker if you reshipped to me!

morpheusneo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Bristol, TN
Ok, I'm on my second SVD. I love the look and the unit itself but having so many issues. I got mine from a seller on ebay, it was new in the box and checked the serial number and it is original. On the first one, the fire button did not work all the time. Sometime you would hit it and it would fire, sometimes not and sometimes it would turn off after hitting it once. I sent it back to the seller and they replaced it with a new one. It was working great and I loved it until this past Sunday. On Sunday, I went to push the button and the light on the button went dim and the display went dim and it turned off. I thought the battery might have been dead so I replaced it with a freshly charged one and when I turned it on the same thing happened, the lights were dim and when you hit the button it would turn off. I decided to try it with 2 18350's and the display was bright enough to read and I was able to unlock it and check the voltage on the batteries and it read 1.2V. The batteries were fully charged though. I use all AW batteries and an XTAR VP1 charger with a voltage display. I have tried it with several different batteries and they all do the same thing. It just seems like it's not getting the full voltage from the batteries. Anyone had this problem? I contacted the seller and they seem to think I'm trying to pull something on them. They stated they've sold 500+ and never had a problem let alone someone with 2 that have problems. I just got my Kayfun through the mail today from Cloud9 (had to order from across the pond where there were no US stores with it in stock) and would really like to build it and vape it but the SVD is my only PV for now other than an EVOD battery I got when I started. I'm going to get a ZNA as soon as I can, but who knows when that will be. I just need something to last me til then and would like the SVD to work. Anyone had this problem or have any ideas? Thanks.

morpheusneo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Bristol, TN
I don't know if there is any fixing it or not. I'm getting ready to go to a local B&M and see what they have there. I don't want to spend alot of money where I'm planning on buying a ZNA whenever I can grab one before they are sold out. But I can't just let this brand new Kayfun sit here and not be used...plus want my coil building to be pretty good by the time I get the ZNA. I don't think I'll get another SVD though.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I don't know if there is any fixing it or not. I'm getting ready to go to a local B&M and see what they have there. I don't want to spend alot of money where I'm planning on buying a ZNA whenever I can grab one before they are sold out. But I can't just let this brand new Kayfun sit here and not be used...plus want my coil building to be pretty good by the time I get the ZNA. I don't think I'll get another SVD though.

I agree once they die they die. This is my last try. It's a darn shame. The design concept is good but there are bugs for some reason. I find it hard to believe it is the chip since it is common. I have a feeling it was the factory they had do production and poor quality control.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
My SVD stopped working a few months after purchase, as well. Bloody thing detects the battery, but it just won't turn on. The button isn't stuck or anything. Bit of a shame, as I really liked it when it was working.

This is becoming an epidemic. I have emailed Innokin directly twice. No response.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
This is becoming an epidemic. I have emailed Innokin directly twice. No response.

To be fair, I knew about the issues going in and took the risk - and it really did provide an excellent vape before the button went dead, so I'm happy for those who got a good unit. I'm not sure if there's any correlation here, but mine was ordered from Fasttech and there may have been an issue with their batch. The "authenticity" of the products they sell is questionable, so they could be selling b-stock or something to that effect. Who knows; discussing authenticity in relation to mass-produced Chinese electronics is a little ironic and better left to others.

At any rate, I've already written it off as a loss and am waiting to see what other VV solutions are out there. I never got my Chi-You clone working, so I pretty much gave up on mech mods. :p The Sigelei 20 Watt looks great, but I'll wait for them to become a bit more affordable. Or maybe I'll just pony up the cash for a Provari!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
To be fair, I knew about the issues going in and took the risk - and it really did provide an excellent vape before the button went dead, so I'm happy for those who got a good unit. I'm not sure if there's any correlation here, but mine was ordered from Fasttech and there may have been an issue with their batch. The "authenticity" of the products they sell is questionable, so they could be selling b-stock or something to that effect. Who knows; discussing authenticity in relation to mass-produced Chinese electronics is a little ironic and better left to others.

At any rate, I've already written it off as a loss and am waiting to see what other VV solutions are out there. I never got my Chi-You clone working, so I pretty much gave up on mech mods. :p The Sigelei 20 Watt looks great, but I'll wait for them to become a bit more affordable. Or maybe I'll just pony up the cash for a Provari!

The authentication label is removed on the sealed box units from Fasttech. It could be a rejected run sold out the back door. It could be an early run that was untested. I believe they are genuine just questionable. I have heard complaints from users that have purchased from local B&Ms as well so I feel the problem goes outside of Fasttech. I think Fasttech just has more of them since they buy in such large volume.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
The authentication label is removed on the sealed box units from Fasttech. It could be a rejected run sold out the back door. It could be an early run that was untested. I believe they are genuine just questionable. I have heard complaints from users that have purchased from local B&Ms as well so I feel the problem goes outside of Fasttech. I think Fasttech just has more of them since they buy in such large volume.
Yup, it could be any or all of those reasons. They only need to worry about pushing out volume, QC is not a concern because they'll be pumping out something else the next month.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Really the only thing other than having to press a little harder on the button is my darn SVD shuts itself off alot. I read somewhere else that I am not the only one with this problem. It is kind of a pain when you grab it to get a vape and the darn thing has shut off.

Yup been there. On my third under warranty. Same problems. Stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread