Status
Not open for further replies.

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
Anyone use an ibtanked carto tank on their SVD? If so, what size. I'd imagine a 22mm would sit flush.

I'd probably roll w a 22mm xl in green. Complete my mini version of a lightsabre and satisfy the geek inside me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk. Excuse typos and stupid autocorrect errors.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Anyone use an ibtanked carto tank on their SVD? If so, what size. I'd imagine a 22mm would sit flush.

I'd probably roll w a 22mm xl in green. Complete my mini version of a lightsabre and satisfy the geek inside me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk. Excuse typos and stupid autocorrect errors.
don't own one but it looks about right (as much as I can tell on a photo anyhow). I've only used a Kanger Protank 2 on mine so far w'/ spectacular results.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Mine just crapped out on me after only 2 months. The fire button sticks and it is very hard to un-stick it.

At least it SHOULD have a six-month warranty (At least that's what FastTech provides for the units it sells.

Less than a week and it's dead. Accidentally shorted while making a micro for my Kayfun. No response now.

That's irrelevant; it's supposed to have short circuit protection.

I just put in my trouble ticket for my RMA. Hope to hear back from FT soon so I can start the season-long wait for my replacement SVD.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the failure, I kinda liked it. Looks like it'll be a stay-at-home APV when the new one comes in. I don't like taking the risk of something crapping out on my when I'm away from home.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Less than a week and it's dead. Accidentally shorted while making a micro for my Kayfun. No response now.

Try removing the battery and then holding the + and - buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds or so. That's how you reset going from stacked to single, so maybe it will also reset the protection circuit.

Don't know if that will help, but easy enough to try.

And always check resistance on builds before putting power to them. Use the ohm checker that's there. And be glad that you had that on a protected mod. A mech might have gone off in your hands...

BabyExp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Dallas, TX, USA
Try removing the battery and then holding the + and - buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds or so. That's how you reset going from stacked to single, so maybe it will also reset the protection circuit.

Don't know if that will help, but easy enough to try.

And always check resistance on builds before putting power to them. Use the ohm checker that's there. And be glad that you had that on a protected mod. A mech might have gone off in your hands...

Actually, I was hearing the coil to remove hot spots. I touched it with metal to compress the coil while firing! Death.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
Sorry guys that this has happened to all of you. It's making me nervous now seeing as I have one and the 2nd one is sitting in customs in Vancouver from FT on it's way to me. also a Vamo V5.
I'm starting to believe what Grimm Green (Nick) emailed me, these are low end devices and longevity is just not there. I thought with the SVD maybe, MAYBE that could be avoided, it seems not. Damned if i will drop 150-200 bucks on one though, I can buy alot of Vamo's and SVD's from FT for that kind of money

Cheers
Les

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I just saw this thread and thought I would just come in and comment.

I dont use my SVD's anymore, but other family members do. Mine are a year old now and still work well and are used everyday.

I am waiting on my second warranty replacement. I would be happy if I get one that lasts a week!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Decided it was time to revisit this thread , my SVD is 7 months old with continuous daily use as my go to APV , it looks and functions the same as the day I got it , it's survived drops on to concrete without so much as a scratch , the buttons work exactly as they should , no sticking etc. and the threading shows no signs of wear either , I simply can't ask for anything more out of a mod . I use the hell out of it and it's still perfect .

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Decided it was time to revisit this thread , my SVD is 7 months old with continuous daily use as my go to APV , it looks and functions the same as the day I got it , it's survived drops on to concrete without so much as a scratch , the buttons work exactly as they should , no sticking etc. and the threading shows no signs of wear either , I simply can't ask for anything more out of a mod . I use the hell out of it and it's still perfect .

Thanks for that, I needed that. Obviously, seems as if Innokin has some quality control issues, but hoping mine stays as yours has. It's my first mod, my only mod, and is a 24/7 operation.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Yeah, there's definitely some quality control issues with the SVD. Some people get lucky, but I wasn't one of them. My + button would also get stuck after pushing it, and the fire button was total garbage. Sometimes it would fire, sometimes it wouldn't. Somtimes it would even do a rapid fire on a single press, causing the device to shut off.

In the end, I got fed up after 2 weeks, sold it on Craigslist, and bought a Provari. Best decision I ever made :)

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Yeah, there's definitely some quality control issues with the SVD. Some people get lucky, but I wasn't one of them. My + button would also get stuck after pushing it, and the fire button was total garbage. Sometimes it would fire, sometimes it wouldn't. Somtimes it would even do a rapid fire on a single press, causing the device to shut off.

In the end, I got fed up after 2 weeks, sold it on Craigslist, and bought a Provari. Best decision I ever made :)
I'd miss variable wattage too much. I don't use voltage, as majority of the kanger replacement coils are inconsistent with their actual ohms.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Yeah, I had the same concerns before I made the decision to move on from the SVD. I really liked the idea of the variable wattage and not having to calculate watts. I just came to the conclusion to ignore the math for the most part and trust my taste buds. If it tastes burned, lower the voltage. If not enough flavor, up the voltage. I find that the voltage I'm applying is different from juice to juice and from atomizer to atomizer anyway (even if they are the same resistance), so I'd probably be doing the same for a VW device too. Just a different means to an end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread