Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
I'm not sure if the "kits" have been upgraded with "Shifu" spec:unsure: But let me tell you if you liked the one in the kit and it's not a "Shifu", then you will LOVE the "shifu" spec(Hybrid BF):thumbs:

He said exactly what i was thinking. They don't come with shifu's but if you like what came with it. Order some shifu's =)

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
Hi,

I need Your help/advice:

I order A7 Rebuildable atty (A7 Rebuildable Atomizer - Avid Vaper), and i will try connect it to vmod.
I have a 510-510 connector (pics) but it hasnt side air holes, then i must do it - an this is my question: where ?
holes on side on the thread (above thread) or cuts like in BF hybrid atty ?
What would be better to feed juice corectly ?

4.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Smilee, I just picked up a couple of those to play with on the XL, but haven't had time:( Here's how I did the 901 adapter, and it is the same principal for the A7. I drilled the hole on the side right above the thread area(right where an atty has them). But you have to make sure that the hole goes into the hollow center pin so the juice will go up into the center of the atty. Hope that helps:)

AT posted a pic of one one on his XL, maybe he'll come along and give an Idea of how he did it to make it feed:unsure:

Last edited:

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
Smilee, I just picked up a couple of those to play with on the XL, but haven't had time:( Here's how I did the 901 adapter, and it is the same principal for the A7. I drilled the hole on the side right above the thread area(right where an atty has them). But you have to make sure that the hole goes into the hollow center pin so the juice will go up into the center of the atty. Hope that helps:)

I thought that bore diagonally,
point1 - above the thread
poin2 - inside connector, next to the center pin
with this solution juice will tranfer to atty through the side hole, not through the center hole
see the pictures
what do you think ?

4a.JPG 2a.JPG

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
That might work, but I cant say for sure. The reason I did the 901(and will do the 510) thru the center pin is so that it acts as a continuous tube up into the atty(like most BF's).

An atty will feed(and does) thru the side holes on a XL since there is a slight open area right where the holes are on atty's. Now when you add an adapter, you are taking that away since the adapter does not have the area around it like the XL, hence the need for a continuous tube. I could be wrong here, but it's the same principal as how I use 901's on my XL and it works perfectly for me in that way:)

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I was replying to going online.. on the Vapage site. I don't know what they ship with the Vmods or XLs.
Ukeman- are you saying the one I have is a shifu? The universal has gold on the bottom and this one doesn't. I don't see any other options available...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You need to be careful not to over squonk the bottle as well. I actually put a piece of velcro behind the bottle to make it easier to squonk. The bottle had a tendency to flatten out too much and was getting wear marks where it would touch the sides of the sleeve. Now it has a firmer feel when I squonk it.

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
You need to be careful not to over squonk the bottle as well. I actually put a piece of velcro behind the bottle to make it easier to squonk. The bottle had a tendency to flatten out too much and was getting wear marks where it would touch the sides of the sleeve. Now it has a firmer feel when I squonk it.

Yeah, my bottle is getting wear marks too (although I've been vigilant about my squonks being more like light touches). I'm hoping Vapage gets more bottles in stock sooner than later so I can figure this thing out!

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Yeah, my bottle is getting wear marks too (although I've been vigilant about my squonks being more like light touches). I'm hoping Vapage gets more bottles in stock sooner than later so I can figure this thing out!

here's another tip.. put an o-ring on the neck of the bottle to prevent it from over tightning. I've been using the same bottle since my first V-MOD XL and have no issues at all.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
+1 chadster. I've never once had a bottle issue since my first VMOD (which was a year and a half ago) after discovering that simple trick.

What I have noticed tho, is that sometimes the eliquid will form a sort of vapor lock bubble right at the neck of the bottle and liquid will not flow up. Simple fix to unscrew the bottle, poke out the bubble and vape on happily.

2423kids

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
VA and FL
Ohhhhhhh my ... LOL!!! I have never even used a bottle seal with my XL!!! NOW I know what that little thing IS that comes in the package with the extra bottles!! Haha! Geeesh! I feel like a big dumbie!! So you put the seal on top of the bottle & screw it in ... Then the plastic seal stays up there??? Mine's been doing fine without the bottle seal (except for a few random leaks ... Maybe this is why!!). Does anybody else not use the bottle seal plastic thingie? WHAT exactly does it do anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread