Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So how is the Arco 2? Shiny set up there, very nice.
Great but it can't match a good RTA .

In saying that it's the best sub ohm tank around.

Best RTA of 2017 - Reload RTA

Nothing quite comes as close to an RDA than this and I've pretty much tried them all.

Now with a bubble glass :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Aw gee, tanx Deb. The real problem is that we likely will never find anyone stupid enough to buy this place, so I doubt we will ever be moving to a warmer place with less work to do.
But this is the life we chose, so here we stay until our dying day...
Have y'all tried selling? I can pray for an idiot to come along who loves the place! :p Would love to have y'all in Texas!! But really anywhere that you don't have so much work to do. I know Lannie especially would miss her cows and stuff, but would love for taking out the trash to be the hardest thing y'all have to do.

Bit of a rant, got to play with a Lost Vape therion paranormal 166, what have they done to the Therion, did they sell out to Think Vape ?

Gunmetal is shiny and horrible but what got me, you know that piece of wood that runs round the top by the 510, it's just a sticker !

Cheap nasty mod, now if it was cheap to buy then yeah fair enough but it's not.

The original is waaaay better.
Hope you sent it back and told em a thing or three about selling high dollar junk!

So ready for slow mail season to be over..................
Jup the fires are having a big effect, but also Christmas. Gonna be awhile before it picks up I'm afraid. Then again, we are a bit spoilt. Remember when you had to send in a check, wait for that to clear and everything said 4-6 weeks for delivery? We've come a long way baby!

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Have y'all tried selling? I can pray for an idiot to come along who loves the place!
No, I have not put up a "for sale" sign, but I have talked to a realtor about it. Consider the location (location, location, location): It is 27 miles east of here to a village of 400 people (mostly old folks). It is 42 miles north to a village of 350 people. It is 48 miles west to a village of 600 people. None of those three villages have employment that would pay enough to even merit the daily gasoline expenditure. The nearest "city" (population 6000) that might pay a decent wage is 75 miles one way. You gonna drive 150 round trip every day to get a buck over minimum wage? So, the only ones likely to want to live out here are either ranchers (we don't have enough acreage to be anything more than a "hobby farm") or a long-distance truck driver who wants to be far away from civilization (slim pickings in that market), or retired people who'd like to do some serious gardening and do NOT need close access to a doctor or hospital. That last one is us (and today, I see the doctor far too often). What's the odds of finding someone else exactly with our attitude who does not need any more income than their monthly social security? And, even if we do, the realtor suggests we are likely to only get about half of what we paid for this place, given the current market.

Bottom line? I doubt we are going anywhere.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
No, I have not put up a "for sale" sign, but I have talked to a realtor about it. Consider the location (location, location, location): It is 27 miles east of here to a village of 400 people (mostly old folks). It is 42 miles north to a village of 350 people. It is 48 miles west to a village of 600 people. None of those three villages have employment that would pay enough to even merit the daily gasoline expenditure. The nearest "city" (population 6000) that might pay a decent wage is 75 miles one way. You gonna drive 150 round trip every day to get a buck over minimum wage? So, the only ones likely to want to live out here are either ranchers (we don't have enough acreage to be anything more than a "hobby farm") or a long-distance truck driver who wants to be far away from civilization (slim pickings in that market), or retired people who'd like to do some serious gardening and do NOT need close access to a doctor or hospital. That last one is us (and today, I see the doctor far too often). What's the odds of finding someone else exactly with our attitude who does not need any more income than their monthly social security? And, even if we do, the realtor suggests we are likely to only get about half of what we paid for this place, given the current market.

Bottom line? I doubt we are going anywhere.

Location location location................

On our local innerwebz board, I'm in the Utica Metro area but Syracuse is more active, a couple wants to return from SD to Syracuse area. IIRC they are in the greater Rapid City area. Because home prices are so high in SD and so low in Upstate NY they can sell there SD house and make enough money to pay cash in NY. Its important to keep in mind that Fuzznutzthunderchicken would be tax free so its a deal for everyone else the grand a month property taxes make that cheap house much less attractive.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
My Life as a TC vaper......... A treatise by the Coolerat.

Nickel...oh sweet nickel. Chips work best with nickel. Nickel makes the flavor pop. Nickel is just the perfect TC wire.

Well except it isn't. Nickel requires several hundred wraps to make a coil. A 60mm deck would be helpful. But in most cases a 60mm deck would come with massive airflow which that poor little coil can't keep up with. But if you can't get a single coil low airflow tank like a Merlin with a sweet little nickel coil on a high quiality chip like a Yihi it makes a nice tootle class vape.

Which brings us to SS. SS TC is moody. But it lets me built alittle more power in.

So we start with the Engine Nano. Works pretty good as a Tootler. But that aweful wicking gets me everytime. Yihi won't allow wicks to burn but it will allow them to run dry. And dry while not painful like burnt is still yucks.

So what I need is a medium airflow single coil tank. Does such a thing exist?? Not in my fleet. Right now I've got Merlins built TC (close to perfect but just not there).

The Kayfun 5 in TC. Now this is a PERFECT TC tootler puffer.

Engine Nano. Crap tank.

Ares. Works good in TC but good lord its restricted. This works best as a Provari mounted stright up tootle puffer.

Which leaves...................

Nothing at this point.

So on to dual coils.

I'm a RDA guy so RTA's are in short supply so what is a boy to do??

The Gemmini!!! No wait the Gemmini 25mm for spaced dual 26ga SS coils.

Now we are cooking with gas. For TC vaping this is good.

But was any of this worth it as I don't get dry hits on mech squonkers.. I don't know. But Its been a ton of fun along the way.

BTW the V-Boy is a good mod. I dunno about great. The way it fits in hand is odd but quickly becomes very comfortable. The Yihi 500 chip though is AMAZING!!!!!!! Takes abit to get used to the fourth button. But once learned this chip is just amazing in every way. For lower power the SX350 chip is the best choice but for dual batteries and/or more power the 500 is a dream.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Nickel...oh sweet nickel. Chips work best with nickel. Nickel makes the flavor pop. Nickel is just the perfect TC wire.

Well except it isn't. Nickel requires several hundred wraps to make a coil. A 60mm deck would be helpful. But in most cases a 60mm deck would come with massive airflow which that poor little coil can't keep up with. But if you can't get a single coil low airflow tank like a Merlin with a sweet little nickel coil on a high quiality chip like a Yihi it makes a nice tootle class vape.

Which brings us to SS. SS TC is moody. But it lets me built alittle more power in.

So we start with the Engine Nano. Works pretty good as a Tootler. But that aweful wicking gets me everytime. Yihi won't allow wicks to burn but it will allow them to run dry. And dry while not painful like burnt is still yucks.

So what I need is a medium airflow single coil tank. Does such a thing exist?? Not in my fleet. Right now I've got Merlins built TC (close to perfect but just not there).

Engine Nano. Crap tank.

Ares. Works good in TC but good lord its restricted. This works best as a Provari mounted stright up tootle puffer.

Nothing at this point.

So on to dual coils.

But was any of this worth it as I don't get dry hits on mech squonkers.. I don't know. But Its been a ton of fun along the way.

BTW the V-Boy is a good mod. I dunno about great. The way it fits in hand is odd but quickly becomes very comfortable. The Yihi 500 chip though is AMAZING!!!!!!! Takes abit to get used to the fourth button. But once learned this chip is just amazing in every way. For lower power the SX350 chip is the best choice but for dual batteries and/or more power the 500 is a dream.
NiFe30 and 48 are much better that Ni200 IMHO, you can run them in power as well as TC using a TCR of 520 and 400 respectively.

NiFe30
NiFe30 - Zivipf Onlineshop

NiFe48
NiFe48 - Zivipf Onlineshop

Zivipf.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Engine Nano. Crap tank.

Nothing at this point.

So on to dual coils.

have you looked at this tank - sorta a do it all - I just ordered one to try...

- JoyeTech ProCore Remix Atomizer - JoyeTech - Brands

;)

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Location location location................

On our local innerwebz board, I'm in the Utica Metro area but Syracuse is more active, a couple wants to return from SD to Syracuse area. IIRC they are in the greater Rapid City area. Because home prices are so high in SD and so low in Upstate NY they can sell there SD house and make enough money to pay cash in NY. Its important to keep in mind that Fuzznutzthunderchicken would be tax free so its a deal for everyone else the grand a month property taxes make that cheap house much less attractive.
Just out of curiosity, Cooler, why are you trying so hard to move us to NuYawk? I really do appreciate your efforts, BTW, but it ain't gonna happen. And here's an example of that "location" thingie: IF this property was located in the suburbs of Rapid City (10 acres,1930s house, expanded several times, historic 1910 homestead cabin (now used as storage shed), detached 2-car garage with mini greenhouse, huge shop, chicken coop, and two small barns, fenced and cross-fenced) it would sell for a quarter million... maybe even $300,000 in spite of the fact that the 80+ year old house needs some serious work, but out here in the middle of nowhere, I'd be lucky to get $50,000. A little over 13 years ago, I paid $98,000 and found out shortly thereafter how stupid I was for paying that much. But it is paid off now (NO MORTGAGE PAYMENTS!!!), and I only pay $800 a year in property taxes. So... unless that guy from the old TV series, The Millionaire, drops by and pays me too much and packs all our crap for us, and moves all this junk for us, and does the new house search for us, and has someone drive us there, I suspect we're staying right where we are. Two cranky oldt pharts and their critters...

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Just out of curiosity, Cooler, why are you trying so hard to move us to NuYawk? I really do appreciate your efforts, BTW, but it ain't gonna happen. And here's an example of that "location" thingie: IF this property was located in the suburbs of Rapid City (10 acres,1930s house, expanded several times, historic 1910 homestead cabin (now used as storage shed), detached 2-car garage with mini greenhouse, huge shop, chicken coop, and two small barns, fenced and cross-fenced) it would sell for a quarter million... maybe even $300,000 in spite of the fact that the 80+ year old house needs some serious work, but out here in the middle of nowhere, I'd be lucky to get $50,000. A little over 13 years ago, I paid $98,000 and found out shortly thereafter how stupid I was for paying that much. But it is paid off now (NO MORTGAGE PAYMENTS!!!), and I only pay $800 a year in property taxes. So... unless that guy from the old TV series, The Millionaire, drops by and pays me too much and packs all our crap for us, and moves all this junk for us, and does the new house search for us, and has someone drive us there, I suspect we're staying right where we are. Two cranky oldt pharts and their critters...

Cause its fun for me. If you came I'd split your wood. If you don't I'll split it for somebody else.

1930's would be new construction around here. My last house was 1890 and it was in the new part of town. In the country 1700's to early 1800's would be the norm. If you've ever seen Drums Along the Mohawk the fort they were fighting to protect is a few miles up the road.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have a pair of Crius Plus' that I still use and love. They suffer a little of the the OG Merlin's seepage problem, but other than that they work great and have excellent flavor. Even more flavor with the Quad coil deck but it's such a PiTA to maintain and wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread