Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Interesting... I've often wondered if that was the case with me, that it's just the habitual motion I'm stuck on. I also bite my nails like crazy, so I might be prone to oral fixations or something. If it was possible to pull off, I'd love for someone to cut my nicotine from my juice for a day without telling me to see if I'd really know the difference. We all think we can, but we all SWEAR we can tell Coke from Pepsi, too, and sure enough people suck at that as soon as you test them.
I've seen a number of stories here where people had that exact thing happen to them.
Basically they were vaping zero nicotine juice for some period of time without knowing even knowing it.

As far as I can tell, they often don't notice, and they often just decide to stick with it.

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Well I never planned to quit smoking or get off nicotine when I started vaping. It was just to help me cut down as I was steadily increasing the number smoked. So I still find it hard to believe that I have actually quit smoking. :ohmy: Started at 18mg and that seemed to high, although it might have just been getting used to vaping vs smoking.

In the week it took for a new order of e-juice at 15mg to arrive I had adjusted to the 18mg. However, I had no problem reducing to the 15 mg and used that for 2 months. I then ordered 12mg and slowly started to switch to just 12mg. I also at this point got into DIY and have now been decreasing steadily and now mostly use between 6/8mg.

I always knew that I loved the hand to mouth, inhaling - the entire act of smoking more than the nicotine. But I did prove to myself that I still need the nicotine a few months ago. I mixed up some 0mg nic of my favorite (at the time) peppermint and just vaped that for an entire day. Did not find myself craving or looking for a cigarette - but did get terribly cranky (although that might not be how my husband would describe it) :laugh:

I can now go 4-6 hours without vaping (haven't actually tried longer) and I am no where near the state I would be in to have a cigarette. However, when I have the opportunity to sit and vape - I can and do pick it pretty steadily.

At this point I still don't plan to completely quit nicotine - but then I never planned to quit smoking :blink: so I guess I will just keep doing what I am doing and reduce when I feel the strength I am on is higher than what I need.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Very much my own unscientific opinion: If people want a healthier (edit: less harmful) vape, cut down on flavoring. Nic is probably not the most harmful substance we're inhaling.

I had a brief foray into juices with food coloring (vanilla and chocolate and some dark tobacco juices) and find they make me feel 'chesty' and feel like residue of some sort build in my lungs and i produce phlegm.

Clear juices do not do that for me, so yeah I'm not vaping anything with food coloring in it , I have mild but chronic bronchitis from 25 years smoking and only clear juices do not exasperate it.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
So....

Rainy day.

I worked out side all day today... No raingear.

Provari in my pockets.
It starts to missfire... Not a behavior that is common to a Provari, so I started to think that keeping it for extended period of time in my wet pants was not a good idea. So I kept it in my locker for most of the day.(Provari as been fine ever since)

I'm an very heavy vapor. I vape all the time.

I had no problem without my Provari, even if I was surrounded by smokers... smoking in my face. I didn't feel any cravings, and didn't consider that asking a cig from someone was an option.

Last edited:

Jimmy VanZeno

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Melbourne
www.deadstarrenegade.com
Mostly 0 mg vaper. Sometimes I'll add 2mg if I feel like it. Nicotine was a breeze to give up by vaping. Turns out that wasn't really what I was addicted to. It's the whole sensation of drawing something into my lungs that feeds my craving. Doesn't really matter if it has nicotine in it or not.

^^^
This. Spot on! Ive gone from 12mg down to 6mg and honestly I dont notice a difference. I plan on sticking to 6mg for a few months and then giving 0mg a shot.

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
Thats weird, cause ever since i stopped smoking 2 packs a day for 23 years, I've been using Ecigs and lowering my Nic, and one day, ill be using Zero Nic juice, only because i love all the flavorful juices out there, i do not, in any way shape or form feel at anytime during the day, that i HAVE to even Vape just because i know Nic is in it, which by the way doesn't even hit you the same way like smoking that first smoke everyday, not lightheaded, or wow man i needed that cigarette. And to top it all off, the absorption amount in E-Juice is way less than you think as studies have shown, where as stink sticks are 100% Nic absorption. But hey coffee is addicting too, just because you switch to decaf doesn't mean your not still getting caffeine. But hey what would we know, we use them and they don't....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread