Status
Not open for further replies.

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Quick question for Ataman users.
I've rebuilt mine twice so far and both times, minutes after filling the tank, the fluid level drops down to approximately half the see through portion of the tank presumably filling the void under the bell. Both times some overflow occurred spilling some juice into the airflow passage. A little blowing into the air intake and a bit of passage cleanup and all seems well. As for the question, is it ok to refill the reserve tank or will the weight of the juice and function of gravity tend to push up the juice level under the bell so as to cause flooding?
Thanks in advance.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Still no leaks after juice sitting in the well overnight, so problem solved. Found in the section where o rings sold one piece at a time.
STK # 35754B
#40 O RING
Product by Danco inc.

Glad to hear it worked - sounds like you had a defective O-ring - meaning size of O-ring was off a tad

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Hey D.
Really took my time with this one so thought the outcome would be perfect. Took care to be sure the o ring inside the bell was seated properly and bell tie tightened real good before installing the tank and top cap. Filled the tank using both methods, once with the top cap off and the other through the holes in the top cap. Both resulted in the same behavior. This one is really confusing as it seems the juice is somehow getting down to the base(internally) where the air hole and air flow adjustment screw are located. Once the leaking is complete the atomizer works fine.
Thanks all your assistance.

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Hi D.
Usually either a 50/50 or 75 vg so not thin liquid. After thinking about the design,guessing, the two holes that are slotted to hold the ss mesh is probably where the juice seeps up, then down the air hole. It's the only place for juice to go. As liquid wants to find an even elevation the weight of a full tank presses down to that point. Saw on the Caravela thread Bortonia had the same issue.
BTW, the P2 has the cleanest, most unveiled taste presentation of any atty thus far. Very good!
Looking forward to your review.

aage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
iceland
Dspin. I have the Achilles along with my newly bought Prometey 2. These are as most agree on the best Drippers available. Now the Prometey is no longer available I´m curious about the Ataman. I work as a pilot and all the tanks I have tried till now do leak when travelling or working on a plane becuause of the pressure difference going up or down. These are the only drippers that I have tried that dont leak and its a big PLUS for me. They also give the best flawor of all my Atomizers/RDA I have. Love this stuff. I normally use it on my GUS KISS and GUS QE telescopic mods ( in my opinion the best MODS available, the reason, telescopic, wide enough to take all battery´s I have tried and function very well along with beautiful design and with a FUSE )

Is the Ataman built like most of the Tank atomizer , it is with a chimney inside where the coil and the wick resides.

I´m interested in buying one just bc I love the stuff from Titanium Mods, but I´m not interested if it leaks like all the other chimney style tanks do. Then I would just buy another Achilles while still available.

aage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
iceland
Dspin. I have the Achilles along with my newly bought Prometey 2. These are as most agree on the best Drippers available. Now the Prometey is no longer available I´m curious about the Ataman. I work as a pilot and all the tanks I have tried till now do leak when travelling or working on a plane becuause of the pressure difference going up or down. These are the only drippers that I have tried that dont leak and its a big PLUS for me. They also give the best flawor of all my Atomizers/RDA I have. Love this stuff. I normally use it on my GUS KISS and GUS QE telescopic mods ( in my opinion the best MODS available, the reason, telescopic, wide enough to take all battery´s I have tried and function very well along with beautiful design and with a FUSE )

Is the Ataman built like most of the Tank atomizer , it is with a chimney inside where the coil and the wick resides.

I´m interested in buying one just bc I love the stuff from Titanium Mods, but I´m not interested if it leaks like all the other chimney style tanks do. Then I would just buy another Achilles while still available.

Just ordered another Achilles. I think I will end up using only my Achilles and my Prometey ;-).

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
It arrived. I stuffed it with minimal fluff, built a 1.8mm ID microcoil, 27 g, 8 wraps at 0.84 Ω, wicked with KGD...tails going up touching the fluff and it's vaping beautifully. Been chain vaping for 4 hours. No issues.

44b4d09e24b16552afb63dabf8425a27.jpg

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I keep wavering between KGD and silica loops for my P2 setups.

The KGD is stiffer than Pima Sliver or CelluRayon fiber and I make a little harness with excess wire on one post to hold wick end up and let one tail go to base on other post. Taste is best.

But the 1mm silica loops cut to make a bunch of ends going up holds up better... not bad flavor but imo not quite as clean as KGD.

Anybody else think cotton tastes better than silica? because after a while the KGD tends to get looser and flops to the middle of the coil and I start wondering about silica again... lol. Still the best atty imo.

Although the Achilles is damn good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread