Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I keep wavering between KGD and silica loops for my P2 setups.

The KGD is stiffer than Pima Sliver or CelluRayon fiber and I make a little harness with excess wire on one post to hold wick end up and let one tail go to base on other post. Taste is best.

But the 1mm silica loops cut to make a bunch of ends going up holds up better... not bad flavor but imo not quite as clean as KGD.

Anybody else think cotton tastes better than silica? because after a while the KGD tends to get looser and flops to the middle of the coil and I start wondering about silica again... lol. Still the best atty imo.

Although the Achilles is damn good too.

I like the Pima Cotton (Angel Hair as its now called) much better than silica or eko wool. I make one loop big enough to make sure it flops to the side, but still large enough to hit the filler. Flopping to the middle is not good.

The Ekowool was my first choice before over silica. - Used loop on both sides and they never flopped. If I hadnt tried the Angel Hair I would still be using it. Never was a fan of cotton balls.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I like the Pima Cotton (Angel Hair as its now called) much better than silica or eko wool. I make one loop big enough to make sure it flops to the side, but still large enough to hit the filler. Flopping to the middle is not good.

The Ekowool was my first choice before over silica. - Used loop on both sides and they never flopped. If I hadnt tried the Angel Hair I would still be using it. Never was a fan of cotton balls.

yeah; wow... never thought of looping the angel hair! I'm on it!

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Sorry about the poor photo production...but
This one's flavor is Exceptional!

Attachments

• 20141009_124614.jpg
    20141009_124614.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 79

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ordered a P3 myself; thanks D! Can't wait.

Although I wish I had; I have a couple P2's and a couple Achilles, but this was just too too interesting to pass on.

I've wanted a little more air since I'm using 1.7 ohms coils and up to 6volts so I think this P3 is going to be the cats pajamas!

paz.call

Nov 23, 2013
france britanny
Ordered one V3. It's near from my French home now :)
It seems it was ( v2 ) the last time Prometey was usable as a pretty good "some hours" dripper.
Chimney looks so short on V3 !

I'll need to use it "as required", with some filler to retain juice over the coil. As required !
Good step, but kind of steep step for me, my "fiber freak" builds drink a lot of juice, becomes heavy, goes down and don't keep the contact with the filler.
I saw some tips and tricks on Aleksandr Facebook, and will try them.

How do you use it ? I mean without silica, with cotton or similar fiber.

Please excuse my poor english ...

Thanks

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ordered one V3. It's near from my French home now :)
It seems it was ( v2 ) the last time Prometey was usable as a pretty good "some hours" dripper.
Chimney looks so short on V3 !

I'll need to use it "as required", with some filler to retain juice over the coil. As required !
Good step, but kind of steep step for me, my "fiber freak" builds drink a lot of juice, becomes heavy, goes down and don't keep the contact with the filler.
I saw some tips and tricks on Aleksandr Facebook, and will try them.

How do you use it ? I mean without silica, with cotton or similar fiber.

Please excuse my poor english ...

Thanks

I'm sure Dspin will have some discussion on best builds, but I use silica, or japanese cotton pads, and have tried different cotton fibers too.
The silica holds up top easiest but the flavor is better with cotton.

For my cotton pads, I make a typical wick, but when I build the coil, when i trim the excess wire, i form a little loop at the screw head to hold the cotton up at least on one post.
When I screw the chamber cap on it catches the cotton and holds it up to the filler. If your cotton is too long it will double back on top of the coil and burn, so it has to be kind of short.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
@ ukeman : Thanks, i'll try to do something with the excess wire to hold the cotton up.
Nice idea !

I'll post pic later.
I make just a small loop like the shape of a tennis racket (sans strings) :)
It has to be on the back side of the left post (when you screw the top cap chamber on)... so the twisting (to the right) will push the wick towards that wire hoop. As long as it stays above the post its good; make sure your filler is all the way full; not below the line; I usually pull the filler out about .5mm so its touching.
If you get burnt hit, and you know there's juice, it usually means the cotton wick has doubled over to the coil and could be too long

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Got my P3 in!
Ok first off from looking, and something i didn't notice before: this one looks like its strictly a top filler feeder vs. P2 top and bottom per the tall air post allows you to add extra juice up the air post.
In the P2 I normally fill the filler AND add close to a ml of juice at the bottom, and leave one tail of the wick going down to the base, and one up to the filler.
The P3 has a short air post; you could hardly call it a post, but more of a nub.
about 1.5mm high. A little worried about leaking but we shall see. And that's why i say its a strictly top filler atomizer; all juice will have to come from top (and what few drops you can add down the drip tip if needed).

That said, the P3 has adjustible air and larger air hole; not huge, but just right!

more later.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
rushed a wrap; 8wrap, 30g kanthal, 1.7 ohms but you get the point about the loops to catch the wick.

wicked.

On Ranger at 5volts:

Vapes excellent! at full air just right.
I intentionally dripped 1ml into it (at a tilt) after filling the filler and got no leaks. NO LEAKS. I could try for more but why push it? I think tilting keeps the juice up at the filler for the most part so this should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread