Timeless Question....... Who is the Greatest???

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Clapton is the most overrated mediocre garbage player to ever exist, closely followed by Santana.

SRV was a blues god and the best guitarist to ever walk the earth, closely followed by David Gilmour, whom I'm glad was not on this poll because I would have sat here for 3 hours biting my nails trying to decide between him and Stevie.

Clapton ain't overrated, he just got lazy.(or sober) Go back & listen to Derek & the Dominoes or some Blind Faith. That my young vaping friend was music.
But from the original list, Hendrix started it all. And SRV, it's all been said. As for Gilmore, league of his own.
Want to get obscure ? Tommy Bollin

Bottom line: Vapers know their shredders.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
Clapton ain't overrated, he just got lazy.(or sober) Go back & listen to Derek & the Dominoes or some Blind Faith. That my young vaping friend was music.
But from the original list, Hendrix started it all. And SRV, it's all been said. As for Gilmore, league of his own.

I agree, Clapton was at times impressive in his very early days, but in my opinion never in the same league as SRV, Jimi, and Gilmour. I give you +3 internets for knowing Tommy Bolin, a name that for me at least is synonymous with Joe Walsh. They did some great stuff together. :thumbs:

I also failed to mention someone that I would probably put in my top 5 or 6 of all time, Mark Knopfler. Anyone not familiar with his guitar work has a lot of amazing new (old) material to check out. And it goes much deeper than radio singles he made while in Dire Straits, check out his entire catalogue. ;)

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a

Not to old farts like me my friend, saw him in the mid 70's at Long Beach arena....I think? Long term loss of short and long term memory .

I listened to the Teaser ALBUM a few days ago.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread