Status
Not open for further replies.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Where should I order some Titanium (Grade 1 right?)? I figure I'm gonna need some to report back here with how Dicodes temp control works with it!!!

I'm not too sure on Ti resistances either, but 28ga should be fine, right?

Edit: on another forum someone reported 28ga TI works really nicely with his Dicodes Extreme v2...just set the temperature coefficient for Ti, and no adjusting temp down by 100 degrees or more, it just knows...oooowwweeeeooooo

6358a80d9656f3d8e605346d106caaa3.jpg

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Where should I order some Titanium (Grade 1 right?)? I figure I'm gonna need some to report back here with how Dicodes temp control works with it!!!

Edit: on another forum someone reported 28ga TI works really nicely with his Dicodes Extreme v2...just set the temperature coefficient for Ti, and no adjusting temp down by 100 degrees or more, it just knows...oooowwweeeeooooo

THE WGU CLUB
I'm using 28g without problems. Just make sure it's grade 1.

I got mine from zivipf.de but there are other options out there

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Reactions: dems86

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

THE WGU CLUB
Doesn't the mod have several options for various titanium wires? How do you know what setting to use if you don't get your titanium wire from them?

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Doesn't the mod have several options for various titanium wires? How do you know what setting to use if you don't get your titanium wire from them?
It has options for Titanium, Nickel, NiFe30 (this is Dicodes own wire), and a couple others that I didn't even know about. You set it up for the specific wire you are using in the menu, and the mod adjusts accordingly. Dicodes only has their own version of the NiFe30 wore, any Titanium Grade 1 should work without issue though, just needs to be 100 Ti I imagine

The manual has what the temp coefficient is for each wire btw, so you know what to set if to

THE WGU CLUB

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
dems86 how you enjoy your mod, tell us your experiences with it.

Try using the provided wire for now until you find some good Ti. I know of a supplier but it's in Europe so I'm not sure you'd want that. Also the coefficient they provided is wrong for Ti; you should set it to 350 (not 520 as they say).

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
It has options for Titanium, Nickel, NiFe30 (this is Dicodes own wire), and a couple others that I didn't even know about. You set it up for the specific wire you are using in the menu, and the mod adjusts accordingly. Dicodes only has their own version of the NiFe30 wore, any Titanium Grade 1 should work without issue though, just needs to be 100 Ti I imagine

The manual has what the temp coefficient is for each wire btw, so you know what to set if to

THE WGU CLUB
Ok. Any good Grade 1 will apparently work then.
I got mine from Etsy.com in Rolla Mo
It works great for me and they have a bunch of wire gauges at good prices.

Pure Titanium Wire - 100% Guarantee - Specific for Jewelry Surgical Grade 1 - You Pick Gauge 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32

It's listed as specific for jewelry but I had my buddies where I used to work analyze it and it exceeds Grade 1 specifications.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
dems86 how you enjoy your mod, tell us your experiences with it.

Try using the provided wire for now until you find some good Ti. I know of a supplier but it's in Europe so I'm not sure you'd want that. Also the coefficient they provided is wrong for Ti; you should set it to 350 (not 520 as they say).
Thanks for the info on the coefficient, did you get the info from a site, or did you already know that?

In general, there isn't a whole bunch of info in English (without using Google translate) on the new Dicodes TC mods, lol. I know of a few English reviewers who have them though, and tips and tricks will start being made known as more and more people get them in hand. UKEcig was the only place that even had the 2380 in stock and shipping, lol, but I know the Extreme v2 has seen a wider release about a week ago.

THE WGU CLUB

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Thanks for the info on the coefficient, did you get the info from a site, or did you already know that?

There isn't a whole bunch of info in English (without using Google translate) on the new Dicodes TC mods, lol

THE WGU CLUB

I knew what the coeff. was from some time ago when I was doing some research of my own. Then I read their manual and I thought "hand on this sounds wrong" and actually came and asked here. If you go a couple of pages back you'll see some people posting links to literature values.

Theres a really nice review on all the dicodes temp mods but unfortunately it's also in german.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I knew what the coeff. was from some time ago when I was doing some research of my own. Then I read their manual and I thought "hand on this sounds wrong" and actually came and asked here. If you go a couple of pages back you'll see some people posting links to literature values.

Theres a really nice review on all the dicodes temp mods but unfortunately it's also in german.
Damn, you caught me before ninja edit.

Yeah, I watched all the videos on YT,if anything just to see them in action, obviously for the most part I didn't have a clue what they were saying, haha

THE WGU CLUB

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

There isn't a whole bunch of info in English (without using Google translate) on the new Dicodes TC mods, lol

THE WGU CLUB
I had it in my old work files but my scanner was not cooperating so I Googled and found it online so folks could access it directly.

Duane

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Now this second part, about a gap - I think they're saying that it's better that your atty is not flush with the mod - you know how some attys, especially on mods without spring loaded 510, stick up a little out of the 510? There is a clear gap visible under the atty, between atty and mod. I think they're saying that is good?
Yeah, it's good because it means the atty's centerpin is in solid contact with the mod's centerpin. If the atty screws down flush on the mod, you can never be sure just how tight the center-pins are to each other, unless of course one of them is spring-loaded.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
This is great news about the Dicodes being proved to work without temp mods with Ti wire once the coefficient is set!

This gives me great hope that the Nickel Purity feature of the new Chinese DNA 40 clones will work too.

Of course it's not nearly as user friendly as the Dicodes - we can't just dial in a coefficient, instead we have a scale, 10-100, where ~70-80 corresponds to normal Ni200. I'm hoping it's fairly linear and obvious, such that if 70 is Ni200 at 0.06 coefficient, then Titaniums 0.0035 would logically be 40-41 (58% of 70, where 0.0035 is 58% of 0.006).

Whether it works quite so simply is another matter, but I shall be testing extensively the moment my Ti comes. And on that subject, Deutsche Post finally gave me the courtesy of updating their tracking with something other than "posted on the 15th." It says it was "prepared for dispatch to the UK" yesterday, 19th. I'm hoping that means it flew out today at the latest, and that means there's a good chance it'll be delivered Friday or Saturday (I really hope so, because if it isn't I won't get it until at least Tuesday because of a public holiday on Monday.)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
To me, the perfect form factor is a VTR style box. The tank down low and supported by a ring. Fits in a pocket, comfortably. Tubes are fine, but not very pocket friendly, stable or portable like a box. The current crop of boxes all leave the tank sticking up like an add-on, waiting to get snapped off.
There is the DNA40 Chels side by side XvoStick by MiniEcig (YouTube demo). They have an ECF supplier thread, Mods by Chels - mini-ecig.

Reactions: awsum140

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
This is great news about the Dicodes being proved to work without temp mods with Ti wire once the coefficient is set!

This gives me great hope that the Nickel Purity feature of the new Chinese DNA 40 clones will work too.

Of course it's not nearly as user friendly as the Dicodes - we can't just dial in a coefficient, instead we have a scale, 10-100, where ~70-80 corresponds to normal Ni200. I'm hoping it's fairly linear and obvious, such that if 70 is Ni200 at 0.06 coefficient, then Titaniums 0.0035 would logically be 40-41 (58% of 70, where 0.0035 is 58% of 0.006).

Whether it works quite so simply is another matter, but I shall be testing extensively the moment my Ti comes. And on that subject, Deutsche Post finally gave me the courtesy of updating their tracking with something other than "posted on the 15th." It says it was "prepared for dispatch to the UK" yesterday, 19th. I'm hoping that means it flew out today at the latest, and that means there's a good chance it'll be delivered Friday or Saturday (I really hope so, because if it isn't I won't get it until at least Tuesday because of a public holiday on Monday.)

I think it's rather sitting at the airport waiting for a slot to be shipped abroad, sorry :( I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm ...... with royal mail. Ever since they made that stupid deal with GLS, any package takes like two weeks to arrive here. It seems that GLS transports the packages to a warehouse in Germany and then they just sit there waiting for slots to be shipped to Portugual... my latest package is sitting there since the 18th... seriously? :mad:
Regards
Tony

Reactions: Rikk

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
There is the DNA40 Chels side by side XvoStick by MiniEcig (YouTube demo). They have an ECF supplier thread, Mods by Chels - mini-ecig.

That's a nice mod. The thing I don't like is that the support ring is on a bias and really doesn't do what a support ring should do, support the tank at the top by enclosing it inside a ring. Food for thought and I'll have to see what the cost is. I am working, albeit very slowly, on building my own version based on the VTR out of brass. I want the display on the top so that introduces a bunch of other minor problems as well.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
I posted something a while back expressing my doubt (at the time) that major mod makers would be supporting titanium wire directly because the wire wasn't as generally available as nickel wire.

I was WRONG and I'm really really glad I was wrong!

It's wonderful to see that the vaping industry is as vibrant and forward looking as it is.

Fantastic

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread