Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
FTFY, DaveP. :D
Saved me the trouble. To make it an hour and a half, you'ld have to use the XL batteries.
Being cautious is good - and it is wise to carry your device off-the-car as others have stated ~ but our batteries are unlikely to blow-off inside the car unless you're residing in Saudi Arabia*. Remember, our cars have a battery as well.

*Tho I have left my devices many a times inside my car in the middle east with no issues.
San Antonio is at about the same latitude as Cairo. So, we're getting close. :(

It's hotter inside the car with the windows up than it is outside the car. The heat magnifies when trapped inside glass. If I really have to leave something in my car that's sensitive to the heat, I leave it in the trunk.
First attempt at mesh coils!
b9ebab9fc4d9b95bcabfd961bc1c0433.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You had to learn on dual coils?!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well I dug through a box, found this from 2009
View attachment 646303

Believe it or not it still works, but what juice is there taste like crap. :facepalm: Could not find a cart with blue foam, but that was where it was used.
Mine still work too. I didn't have the patience for blue foam. I just took the cartridge off and grabbed a drip tip instead.
are we posting first e-cigs?

b2ee80c1e962f4dcbfef78f2e3bcf455.jpg
I still have a whole bunch of 510 XL batteries and my 510 mega PCC. It takes too much patience to use everyday. But, it's a fun distraction. Lots of pretty colors!
I tried a couple of times with cig a likes, but never stuck with it.
Not all cigalikes are the same. A 510 XL battery with a 306 dripping atty is pretty darn good. Just need to carry spare batteries.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
The "E-Health" 401 $65 cartridge/atomizer cigalike kit was our first try in 2010. The batteries failed within a month. A year later we tried again with 510 carto setups and were off and running. I just realized that was six years ago today!

Congrats!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Wow!!! That's quite the milestone!
Congrats!!!

My hats off to anyone who quit smoking with vaping back with the old gear.
I tried a couple of times with cig a likes, but never stuck with it.

For us it was a great invention. I carried a little 15ml needle bottle in my pocket and re-wet the blue foam periodically. We were the first dripper vapers! (But, no clouds back then).

I still smoked a few cigs a day back then. It was the Provari and Boge Cartos that made me realize I could quit smoking. That worked. A carto would last a lot longer on a fill than a blue foam wedge and the carto had much better flavor because of the coil embedded in cotton.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The "E-Health" 401 $65 cartridge/atomizer cigalike kit was our first try in 2010. The batteries failed within a month. A year later we tried again with 510 carto setups and were off and running. I just realized that was six years ago today!
Congrats! Six years!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Pleistocene lol... I can see it now... headlines... Vapeontologists today uncovered a perfectly preserved Cartosaurus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

With a mini-screwdriver in his claws and a bottle of ejuice in his paw trying to refill his hollowed bone moss filled carto!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was at a new (to me) vape shop in our fair town yesterday.
Purchased an Efest Luc v4 charger and two LG He4's,it's my first 4 bay charger.I have about 10 18650 batteries now sooooo my old and trusted single bay xtar will get a well deserved rest.:)

You'll like the LUC 4. You chose well. It's one of the few chargers that can charge four 18650's simultaneously at 1A.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
This was my first device...
157-2.jpg

I actually liked it but within a few months switched over to the ego batteries and pt minis.

Thank you for sharing!

I tried a Blu e-cig back when they first launched. I wanna say it was 2009 or 2010 maybe? I loved the Java Jolt flavor. but found that it wasn't satisfying as a pipe smoker. Then in 2015, I went into a local vape shop, gave them a budget, and said "make me a starter package that YOU would use." He looked through all the inventory, and handed me the Nautilus Mini, and an iStick 20w with a bottle of Halo's Voodoo (At the time, I thought it tasted like coffee). I still have that setup to this day. Guess I was spoiled compared ;)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I tried Mistic (not BT), then Blu... neither got me off the stinkies.

I then got an eGo style kit from Mistic, and that worked, but 350ish mAh, just did not cut it, so I had dozens of gas station eGo batts and CE4s.

A trip to a B&M opened my eyes, and I pickes up a 1000 mAh Kanger VV and an EVOD2.

Knowing that there was now more than I had thought tyere was, I turned online and ended up with an iStick 20 and an Anyvape Davide and a Kamry K1000 ePipe.

I might have gotten carried away since then... I have around 10 kilowatts of vaping gear lol...

It was at this point that I felt confident enough to try and convert the other smokers in my family... that was tough... Stepdot demanded, at first, automatics as she liked to clamp the thing in her teeth and vape while working with both hands. She tried VaporFi (ugh), Blu (ugh), Volt (enh and ugh), among others and was able to quit smoking. Stepson insisted on quality and went with an Innokin VV3 and a Kanger Aerotank Mini.

Stepson is now quit altogether. Stepdot has 2 RX2** and a Cuboid to run her Boreas, Engine, and TF-RDTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread