Trying very first snus now (and yes, I'm a female)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
With all the controversy crashing down on e-smoking, snus is a wonderful alternative source of nicotine in restricted smoking areas, whether manufacturing or executive office. Ditto nasal snuff in little plastic bullets.

It was miners, in fact, who kept nasal snuff alive after society's elite decided smoking tobacco was preferable to sniffing it. Deep in the mines, no one could light up, so they sniffed. Today, they'd snus too.

The fact that a mini snus portion can substitute for polyfil in a cartridge core is icing on the cake. We can use the portion the regular way, or soak it in a humectant and vaporize its nicotine for inhalation.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
mart,

Are you looking for a liquid to make snus juice other than PG & VG? I believe PEG is a possibility, but it sounds like you might have a glycol intolerence too. I haven't researched PEG, just seen it referenced as of late. If memory serves me correctly glycols are broken down like alcohol so I'd assume the whole family of them are out for you. Some snus is listed with citric acid so you need to read the ingredients. As far as a liquid, honey is heavy in sugar and will carbon up an atty very quickly. Most cleaning methods don't dissolve carbon. Water isn't a problem for the PV, you will get a little steam vapor and it will carry the nic and flavor, but may flood from being to thin in viscosity.

I'll keep your situation in mind and ask some chemist friends.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Do they have snus in smaller bags than the Camel ones you see in the store? And do they have flavors or is it all tobacco?

Hi dg
Vaporer mentioned the Discreet brand. The portion sizes are approx. 2/3rds the size of the RJR Camel portions.

Here is a link to a post that is a great primer for snus. The smallest portion sizes are called mini's. That's what the Discreet's are.

A large number of the Swedish snus are variations of tobacco flavored with salt and bergamot. The next sizable flavor segment I'm aware of are mints, wintergreen, spearmint, peppermint.
There a few other flavors from there, cranberry, pomegranate, licorice, anise and eucalyptus.
After that a small variety of special edition snus for the most part. Coffee/Vanilla, Mango, raspberry etc.

Scroll around through the Northerner website, window shopping if you will, and you can get a good idea of the variety available! That link will take you to their page of mini portions.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread