• Riva bat and PressAton tank.jpg
    Riva bat and PressAton tank.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 81

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
That's pretty slick Santo. I'm still trying to find time to start on my project. I think I've figured out a way to quell the low amount of juice feeding, hopefully it works. The only real thing that eludes me is how to make a proper one-way valve rather than opening the cap a bit every time I want a vape. Maybe tomorrow....maybe.. I hope

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Just got mine done. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I think my idea works as far as getting more juice. I have been vaping like crazy for about 15 minutes and even after all that it was flooding. Now I just need to crank it back a notch. All I did different was sand down the atty connector where the air slots are till the slots were almost completely gone. When you screw the atty in farther it lessens the amount of air that comes in the side holes and increases vacuum on the bottom hole where the juice is coming in. It tightens the draw a bit but not that bad. I need to turn it down a bit more so it fits on the side of my Darwin but so far so good.

Last edited:

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
So getting the juice isn't an issue. The smaller airways on the atty connector works quite well and is easily adjustable. I am having issues with the positive lead however. I'm using Dan's idea of the syringe tube as the positive and it is proving quite hard to get continuity. I'm going to re-address this tomorrow and see what I can come up with. To my surprise, this thing actually feeds juice well even when the container is sealed. The only explanation that have for this is that the atty connectors hole is a smidge too large and allows some air into the container as it's being drawn on. Kind of counter-intuitive though it seems, that has to be what's happening. Didn't get a chance to work on it today so, pics will either be tomorrow or the day after. Also, just for information purposes, when using the outer tube as the ground and the syringe as the positive, it adds about 1ohm of resistance.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
It's been a long time and I was never able to get a solid performing unit. The juice fed like it was supposed to but the draw was just to tight to enjoy. Even though it was adjustable by changing how tight you screw on the atty, it was still very hard to find a perfect medium. I contribute this mostly to how hard I would draw and the incosistency of the draw. I may give this another shot but, I will not use the CVS pill caddy again as it corrodes terribly. I will eventually make something that works darnit!

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
its like a mini version of the Surge tank...SWEET! fine tune the finish and ill be your first customer ;)

I barely have time to make mods for myslef, I wish I did. Sorry, not even contemplating selling anything. However, if I do end up with something I'm satisfied with I will definitely make a tutorial. I am a machinist by trade though so they may not be feasable for everyone to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread