Not open for further replies.

Persis

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Bubo

ECF Veteran
I thought of that post too....
Last night I managed to actually back off and let it sit, I'm thinking that my 'needle' maybe too thin (I think that it's 3/16" Brass tube) and might need to be wider to seal against something, so I am going shopping again today at ACE.....

Looking at some of the cartomizers I have, I did see the chamfered hole where the needle might fit into, so I might add that to my 'Atty for Life' setup - right now it's a flat bottom.... Maybe a fat needle to seal, and then a thinner part to go into the atty....

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Bubo, you mean 1/16"? Those are quite close in OD to a 16G needle. I did an adapter like you describe with a section of 18G to slide into a 16G (nice fit, using thin walled needles) and a tiny spring inside the the top of the 18G to act as a nozzle, but it wasn't even needed, and the 16G worked fine on it's own.

Bubo

ECF Veteran
My tubes are 3/32 and 1/16 of an inch..... I have no idea what gauge that would be - but I figured out a work around...
I took a center post from an atty connector and flipped it around and stuck it on the needle, kinda like an arrowhead. In theory - it should work well, but I have to keep taking it all apart to get the right length - half a millimeter at a time - so more tomorrow night...

On another note - for the first time ever - I couldn't get a negative connection! Positive worked great through the 'needle' - but the aluminum pill fob is covered in something, clear coat or a aluminum colored anodization.... And why would you paint aluminum an aluminum color?!?!?!? Sheesh... So I have to get that off of there if I want to use the o-ring.... I would have thought that the threads would conduct a charge - but noooooo...... :-(

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Okay boys and girls...
Thanks to MisterD and Scubabatdan, and EVERYONE else on here (Okay, mostly Dan's "Didn't anyone else ever make one of these?" question way back several hundred posts ago...) Here's mine:

Attached to my current NicoBox:
sm_IMG_1201.jpg

By itself:
sm_IMG_1202.jpg

Bottom Shot:
sm_IMG_1203.jpg

Top shot - see the inner 'needle' connector?
sm_IMG_1204.jpg

Top off:
sm_IMG_1207.jpg

The "Needle" - Mine is brass (It's what I have lots of); and you should be able to see the top "Arrow Head" thing....
sm_IMG_1208.jpg

In bits and pieces
sm_IMG_1211.jpg

And no, I haven't' used it yet, its still flaky with the negative connection, I used a tiny dremel wire brush - but couldn't clean the threads off enough to make it 100% yet; so I am wiggling and playing with it.. (And looking at it... It's Shiny!) :lol:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Bubo, looking good! I found filing and sanding the threads rather so so, much more effective I found to use a swiss army knife blade. For the fob, sticking the tip of the knife in the thread wioth light pressure and rotating along the thread, and for the cap, pinching the blade against the thumb with the lid in between and rotating. You just want to score it lightly, not remove material of any sizable amount. Goodness, that isn't a MV https://www.madvapes.com/510-Battery-Connector-Gold-Large-Hole_p_2562.html is it? Huge hole, but looks like it will do. You've done a nice job of corking up the hole and it looks to have the connection, my only concern is that air can't get back in the fob past the 'arrowhead'. If so, you can score a thin line (or 4 to match the crosshatch connector design) along the length of the arrowhead to create an air passage. Can't wait to see your review of it working :)

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Why did this thread die? This is one of the most amazing things I have seen for avid vapers. This is practically dripping without dripping, how could it get any better? I'm still trying to figure out how the air gets into the vial to replace the displaced liquid..... I have parts on order. This will be a fantastic add on for my Darwin!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ahhh the good ol days, well I moved away from anything dealing with foriegn made parts and have been concentrating on rebuildable genisis atties. The latest is the DSUv6 which is actually an air and fluid adjustable rebuildable tank atty. Seemed to be the the logical step on becomming atty/carto independent. Why by a pack of 5 atty/cartos for 11 bucks when I can replace the coil for .01 cent.
Dan

Last edited:

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Is there a thread on the new genesis atty? I remember going through the old thread several months back but never gave it much attention. Maybe I'll look into it. I'm a modder at heart, I've just been to busy lately to fart around with it.

Did you have any leaking on the suckaton when it was laid over? I know that you closed the cap and sealed it via the o-ring but what I am concerned about is where the needle goes through the atty connector.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Is there a thread on the new genesis atty? I remember going through the old thread several months back but never gave it much attention. Maybe I'll look into it. I'm a modder at heart, I've just been to busy lately to fart around with it.

Did you have any leaking on the suckaton when it was laid over? I know that you closed the cap and sealed it via the o-ring but what I am concerned about is where the needle goes through the atty connector.

I did not have any leaking there if I remember LOL
The main problem was the vacumn caused when the top of the res was tightened down with the o-ring. A small hole (1/32") drill into the top of the cap would allow air in to solve this but you would need ain insert or plug during transport to prevent leaking.

Oh I did give you a link in the reply above to the DSUv6, just click on the words DSUv6, it will take you there.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread